JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One possible resolution, but one I'm pretty sure the folks at Sambo's would reject..... have your purchaser/customer find a different FFL Dealer in that same area who will take the gun from Sambo's and complete the transfer. There are likely a couple of human beings that are also FFL Dealers in that town. Cut Sam's out of the loop and have done with them. I'd advise your buyer to investigate that. Sam's cannot hold the gun illegally, which they are doing. You have violated no Federal Regs (I've read them all, multiple times, and it is clearly written that a private party MAY ship a firearm to an FFL Dealer out of state. The ONLY restrictions come as to method of shipment. For some reason, our stupid Uncle in Washington has decreed us plain fokes cannot ship a handgun via the mail, even to a FFL Dealer (though we CAN so ship a long gun... go figure)

SO--YOU shipped it legally, despite what HE says/thinks. He MUST dispose of the gun in a lawful manner. It is his personal preference to refuse to accept a gun from a private party. If he had a problem with this, he should have refused the shipment, returning to sender.
I've seen some listed guns from this place on Auction Arms, bid on a couple but they went too high for my taste. Now, I'll avoid this place if I ever come across them again. Reading his posts here, and his feedback rebuttals, tells me he does not respect his customers, the very people that keep him in business. If he drives enough of us away, he'll be whistling into the wind, and getting hungry, But perhaps the BATF will have some words with him before that. My guess is they will insist he comply with FEDERAL law and do something other than sit on the gun and send threatening messages.

I must say, I also admire your willingness, even eagerness, to step in, take the hits, and go beyonnd the call of duty to make it right with your buyer. I have to side with the wisdom of your attorney, though... with the stink this place have offered in response, they DO have a hard case and could well get vindictive, returning the gun in less than original condition.

Hearing this mess, I am SO thankful I've located a real great FFL dealer here in town, a real gem of a man and businessman. I've also found, on here, a few others that seem trustworthy and straight shooters (double entendre entendú) If I ever needed a dealer in the Vancouver area, I know who to call..... or across the river for long guns. One even offered to receive a pistol in question on the South side the river and hand deliver it to my dealer on the north side..... pretty well beyond the minimum.

Just think.. if all these stupid INFRINGEMENTS were to be done away with, and we could get on with our business like grown up boys and girls, how pleasant things would be. stupid unconstitutional regulations... that do NOTHING to keep arms out of the hands of those debarred their use.

I wonder why Sam's wouldn't bend their rules just once in this case.

They will MAKE MONEY on the transfer. All totally legal.

They are going out of their way to NOT make money and be brought up on charges. They will possibly lose their license from this(Or at the least they will get a "yellow slip")

I accept shipments from non-FFLs all the time. The only thing I require is a copy of their driver's license.
Even if I didn't get a copy of the license, the only thing I LEGALLY need is the name and address of the sender.

I would bend my rule so that I don't become a headache. By bending my rule I would still be doing my job LEGALLY.

I've been following this on a few forums and am dismayed that the potential may be many, many transfer FFL folks may adjust their policy 'for no good reason'.

Nonetheless, may I suggest it is time for the seller to invest a couple C-notes into a plane ride to pleasant Arizona, and have a gentleman's face-to-face discussion with this store owner, and end the drama.

Grandpa always said a little toe-to-toe conversation is the civilized way.

BTW, nice forum here. If you don't mind I'll plan on sticking around... :winkkiss:

I might have missed it in the four pages, but doesn't he have to "log it in" his book once he receives it? What would happen if the atf walked in and did an audit and the gun was there but not in the book?

Looking at Sam's Shooters Emporium prices, most of their stuff is very overpriced in my opinion, combined with a visibly poor costumer service, I don't know how they stay afloat. I plan on moving to Arizona sometime in the future, and I will be adding this place to my "do not buy" list.

+1

I just looked at a few items I'm very familiar with, he appears to be asking MSRP for them, or 20-30% more than the average street price.

The business name has been mentioned several times in this thread so I'm sure that this thread well come up on any Google of Sam's business. Let the buyer beware.

Nonetheless, may I suggest it is time for the seller to invest a couple C-notes into a plane ride to pleasant Arizona, and have a gentleman's face-to-face discussion with this store owner, and end the drama.

Why would he waste good money to go see this clown? The seller fulfilled his end of the deal. It should have been over and done with weeks ago.

Sam's Clown Emporium sounds a little more accurate.

I've been following this on a few forums and am dismayed that the potential may be many, many transfer FFL folks may adjust their policy 'for no good reason'.

Grandpa always said a little toe-to-toe conversation is the civilized way.

BTW, nice forum here. If you don't mind I'll plan on sticking around... :winkkiss:

So, Sam's policy is to hold another man's property and NOT provide the service that they are in the business of? AND expect someone to spend even MORE money to fly down for a FTF discussion. So the policy will not be bent by written conversations, but it is ok to bent the policy due to an expensive FTF conversation. :huh:
Someone needs to just do their job and get over themselves.

Good! Sounds to me like this is going viral!

So long Sam!

You messed with our guy, now you lose big!

Will

i didn't even think of that.

off to link this thread on other national forums!

i'm so unbelievably disgusted by sam's behavior i can't not spread the word. how can a person behave like that? those responses to the negative feedbacks do nothing but validate the negative feedbacks.

he's a total a-spot and an idiot.

It appears the call from the ATF was enough to convince the FFL the error of his ways. I was notified by the buyer this morning that he was contacted to come pick up his firearm. Sad to think the FFL could have avoided all the damage to his reputation by just not being a pain in first place.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top