JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It must be FedEx. I've never had shipping issues with UPS and USPS like I have with FedEx - and everyone is using them now! I don't know what's going on with FedEx, but it seems the packages make a lot of unnecessary stops and trips along the way. This order from earlier this year left Wisconsin, went through North Dakota, Montana, then arrived in Spokane, on to Seattle, then Tukwilla, Kent, Troutdale and finally Portland before being sent out for delivery. Seems like a very inefficient way to do things if you ask me, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Another shipment I had sat in the same place for 4 days, kind of like your shipment, before it finally moved on.

All I know is that I would never use FedEx to ship anything. USPS has actually done the best of any of them.

View attachment 376068

There has been a few recent cases of FedEx drivers caught tossing stuff over a fence and such. I heard they at some time started using some kind of contracting service to drive for them. I would guess this is where the problems are popping up. I get a LOT of my ammo delivered FedEx. During the great panic on 22 I had the stuff coming weekly and almost all of it was from them. They did one time leave it on the wrong street and one time at another house on the same street but the rest made it to me. They didn't toss any of mine over the fence either. :)

It must be FedEx. I've never had shipping issues with UPS and USPS like I have with FedEx - and everyone is using them now! I don't know what's going on with FedEx, but it seems the packages make a lot of unnecessary stops and trips along the way. This order from earlier this year left Wisconsin, went through North Dakota, Montana, then arrived in Spokane, on to Seattle, then Tukwilla, Kent, Troutdale and finally Portland before being sent out for delivery. Seems like a very inefficient way to do things if you ask me, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Another shipment I had sat in the same place for 4 days, kind of like your shipment, before it finally moved on.

All I know is that I would never use FedEx to ship anything. USPS has actually done the best of any of them.

View attachment 376068
WTF

I love when the item gets to town, and then is shipped to another town, just so it can return to my town...
I've watched UPS and FedEx do this, so DO NOT BELIEVE IT'S JUST USPS... if somebody has a good answer for this, I didn't read it, but I doubt there is one.
I'm considering an AR-10 build, since I can't weld.

Good luck

C9F96B51-2267-4E75-A5B8-0FE8CECE5533-1483-000001733251D40A.jpeg

I love when the item gets to town, and then is shipped to another town, just so it can return to my town...
I've watched UPS and FedEx do this, so DO NOT BELIEVE IT'S JUST USPS... if somebody has a good answer for this, I didn't read it, but I doubt there is one.
I'm considering an AR-10 build, since I can't weld.

Good luck
Those weird times it bounces from you town, out to another and back I always guessed its some error at sorting. The main thing that gets me is when the stuff is either delivered to a totally wrong address, or just vanishes. Our problems with the USPS seems to be mostly a change in the routes. I for over a decade had the same delivery person 5 days a week. On her day off or when she would be on vacation they would have fill ins and often some minor errors. Then one day I never saw her again. Not sure if she retired or they just changed things. Ever since it's new people all the time. For a while stuff for us was constantly being delivered to a house on another street with the same numbers. What I could not get was this was never our mail, only packages. One day my Wife caught the guy doing it. She chased him down to show him the package he had left on the wrong street. He could barely speak English. So I assume he could barely read it. How he was managing to get letters to the correct house but not packages is anyone's guess. Once I found this out I started filing a complaint every time it happened. It's rather long process to do buy I took the time each and every time. After months of that it improved greatly. It's far more rare now.We do still get way too many of the packages that the tracking shows just vanish though.

I'm not sure why you guys even look at the tracking. IMHO 98% of the time it shows up on the delivery date or the day before. On the 2% I have the tracking number and a way to chase it down if needed.

Watching the thing will just make you go stark raving mad!! :confused:o_O:confused::eek:

I'm not sure why you guys even look at the tracking. IMHO 98% of the time it shows up on the delivery date or the day before. On the 2% I have the tracking number and a way to chase it down if needed.

Watching the thing will just make you go stark raving mad!! :confused:o_O:confused::eek:

Kind of like "a watched pot never boils"? ;)

Because if it doesn't require a signature they just leave it on the doorstep without knocking or anything.

I can't help it, I'm just sitting here twittling my thumbs. I suppose I could go out and shoot, but I really want to finish building.
Actually if you go shooting while you are out of the house they'll try and deliver, find out you're not home and take the packages back to the warehouse. They'll leave you a note that says they'll try again tomorrow, so you sit at home and they show up about 5:30 during dinner. How does Thursday sound to ya'?

Actually if you go shooting while you are out of the house they'll try and deliver, find out you're not home and take the packages back to the warehouse. They'll leave you a note that says they'll try again tomorrow, so you sit at home and they show up about 5:30 during dinner. How does Thursday sound to ya'?
Exactly. In all honesty, I have plenty to keep me busy, it just doesn't stop me from watching the tracking information and feeling like a kid when those first Christmas presents show up under the tree. Except I can't shake the packages.

That's the reason I check is I want to know when it's out to make sure I get it. Most now will let me set up alerts to my phone which is even better. If I'm sleeping or working out back and it shows delivered I can either get it or if not there start in with finding where they did leave it. This is where the camera's on the outside of the house have been GREAT a few times now. If it shows delivered I can look and see if they were ever here. If not when I call there is no BS story from them that someone may have taken it. I can say I am looking at the tape and you were never here. Also showed me the couple times they (FedEx) left it on another porch not mine. The worst one was UPS long ago. Had a 1911 coming back from the Custom shop at Springfield. Tracking showed it was not out so I went to the store. Come home and find it laying on my porch. Large sticker on it saying "ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED". I thought about calling them at the end of the day to say where is it? Just to see what the hell they would try to tell me. That one really ticked me off. UPS will some times hide them in all kinds of places. Cameras have been great for that too. I can see where he was headed to I know where to go search for the package. :)

Because if it doesn't require a signature they just leave it on the doorstep without knocking or anything.

I always have my stuff delivered to my place of business. For some reason they seem to think it is more important that way. Plus then I always have someone to sign for it and let me know it has arrived. ;):)

I always have my stuff delivered to my place of business. For some reason they seem to think it is more important that way. Plus then I always have someone to sign for it and let me know it has arrived. ;):)
I live in an apartment and have a sign on my door that says "Please leave all packages st the office." The UPS guy just stops there and doesn't even walk up the stairs to my door except to leave the sticker. (Don't blame him, that ammo's heavy!). We talk guns when we meet up.

UPS will some times hide them in all kinds of places. Cameras have been great for that too. I can see where he was headed to I know where to go search for the package. :)

Be glad they do that. Around here the fing tweakers see the trucks in a hood and spend the rest of the day looking around at porches. When they look at mine I extend them the one finger good luck sign and they just keep on going.

No place of business for that. During the semester I'm at an apartment away from home most of the week so I track to know when to pick it up at the office if its on a day I'm not home (antigun apartment, no gun parts allowed). Or to see if its on the doorstep when I am.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top