JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently ordered the last few pieces for my AR build over the holiday and I selected the cheapest shipping option in all 3 cases, so I knew it was going to be a little longer turn around, but I'm on leave from work and have a lot of time to sit and stare at tracking information to my own detriment. The three packages are all with different carriers and its been both comical and infuriating to watch.

The first, my barrel which was ordered from Ballistic Advantage on Saturday the 1st didn't ship until late on the 5th with an original delivery date of the 11th, then pushed a day back on the 12th. So far it seems to be on track, it however has arrived at the local UPS facility as of 4am this morning. No need to get it out today I guess.

The second, a Geiselle trigger was ordered on the 4th and went out with FedEx on Wednesday from Texas. It arrived in Troutdale early Saturday morning, but Ground doesn't deliver on Saturday. Ok whatever, I can look forward to it on Monday, but nope guess again. With a projected a delivery date of the 11th, we're just going to sit on it until then. It's finally out for delivery.

Finally a flash hider I ordered on Thursday out of Auburn, Washington was sent via the intrepid folks with the United States Postal Service. It took them until Saturday to pick it up though that could have been the seller. Anyways it took all of 3 hours to make the trip to Portland and I figured again Monday, but ... for God knows what reason it was rerouted to Spokane, WA. It showed being in transit back on Sunday with a Monday delivery date, but lo and behold nothing. Last check, the Sunday departure date from Spokane disappeared and it left late Monday with a delivery date of Monday and is still in transit. I already sent an email to the USPS, so we'll see.

Looks like UPS for the win, for the least amount of douchebaggery.

Last Edited:
How about going shooting and then while you're cleaning your guns you can visualize what you'd like to do on your next build.

And anyway, smoke and noise is good for the soul. :cool:

I think the answer is obvious. All the shipping services hate you. That's right, all of them.

Seriously though, that's strange about USPS. They've been pretty consistently awesome in my experience. Knock on wood. Fedex is pure scum, because they'll do what you're experiencing and sit on packages if they arrive too fast for the option you paid for.

How about going shooting and then while you're cleaning your guns you can visualize what you'd like to do on your next build.

And anyway, smoke and noise is good for the soul. :cool:

I would have gone shooting, but I had to go get my brakes replaced and then a friend's birthday bbq later. Probably wouldn't have been able to work on it today anyways. But much agreed one the noise and smoke.

I ordered a component, and this is what I've been watching...

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.31.09 PM.png

Last Edited:
That's just FUBAR, your package passing through OR then having to come all the way up to Seattle before going BACK to PDX... part of me wants to get in that package routers face and go all Gunny Hartmann with a "FUT THE WHUCK?!"

Try having a package go smooth as glass right to delivery day, then disappear on the truck for six months... happened to me, on a guy who was buying a surplus miniature plane.

I have had items arrive here both UPS and USPS, and leave and come back days later.
I had ammo one time that went all over the USA for about two weeks by passed Oregon went to
Washington went out for delivery to wrong address. Came back went into review and then made it here LOL. luckily I paid for double boxing as the main box was beat to hell. Lucky ammo was in pretty good shape just a couple boxes popped open.

A couple years ago I was at the Winchester bridge here stopped to eat lunch and watched 3 DHL trucks backed up to each other throwing boxes on the ground missing the other truck and some even hitting the other truck. I promptly went to the office and called DHL told them what I observed. There was boxes all over the place.

Problem is when the parts arrive and you put em on the gun it's over... nothin to look forward to anymore:oops: Then you have to start planning a new build.;).
Or is that just me?

Great news guys! It's in Puyallup!

View attachment 376065

It must be FedEx. I've never had shipping issues with UPS and USPS like I have with FedEx - and everyone is using them now! I don't know what's going on with FedEx, but it seems the packages make a lot of unnecessary stops and trips along the way. This order from earlier this year left Wisconsin, went through North Dakota, Montana, then arrived in Spokane, on to Seattle, then Tukwilla, Kent, Troutdale and finally Portland before being sent out for delivery. Seems like a very inefficient way to do things if you ask me, but I guess they know what they're doing.

Another shipment I had sat in the same place for 4 days, kind of like your shipment, before it finally moved on.

All I know is that I would never use FedEx to ship anything. USPS has actually done the best of any of them.

Tracking.JPG

I recently ordered the last few pieces for my AR build over the holiday and I selected the cheapest shipping option in all 3 cases, so I knew it was going to be a little longer turn around, but I'm on leave from work and have a lot of time to sit and stare at tracking information to my own detriment. The three packages are all with different carriers and its been both comical and infuriating to watch.

The first, my barrel which was ordered from Ballistic Advantage on Saturday the 1st didn't ship until late on the 5th with an original delivery date of the 11th, then pushed a day back on the 12th. So far it seems to be on track, it however has arrived at the local UPS facility as of 4am this morning. No need to get it out today I guess.

The second, a Geiselle trigger was ordered on the 4th and went out with FedEx on Wednesday from Texas. It arrived in Troutdale early Saturday morning, but Ground doesn't deliver on Saturday. Ok whatever, I can look forward to it on Monday, but nope guess again. With a projected a delivery date of the 11th, we're just going to sit on it until then. It's finally out for delivery.

Finally a flash hider I ordered on Thursday out of Auburn, Washington was sent via the intrepid folks with the United States Postal Service. It took them until Saturday to pick it up though that could have been the seller. Anyways it took all of 3 hours to make the trip to Portland and I figured again Monday, but ... for God knows what reason it was rerouted to Spokane, WA. It showed being in transit back on Sunday with a Monday delivery date, but lo and behold nothing. Last check, the Sunday departure date from Spokane disappeared and it left late Monday with a delivery date of Monday and is still in transit. I already sent an email to the USPS, so we'll see.

Looks like UPS for the win, for the least amount of douchebaggery.

We buy almost daily from Amazon and both LOVE on line shopping all around. Of all the services the USPS has been in a league of their own when it comes to incompetence. All the carriers have made screw ups but none of them can even get near USPS. It's gotten to where I hate seeing the tracking showing anything to do with them. The worst is that one where UPS bring the package to the city and hands it off to them. Many times that is the end of the line for the package. It's never seen again. I am shocked Amazon uses them any more it has cost them so much in replacing stuff. ETS was great about it one time while back. Ordered one of their 30 round 9mm Glock mags. USPS showed delivered. I was home when they showed and it was not here. Owner sent me another one. A month later Wife was at house on another street over another package left there. Guy hands her that box too. WTF he was sitting on it for a month who knows. I e-mailed ETS offered to pay. He said no problem just keep it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top