JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I want to buy another gun, and like any responsible gun owner. I want to do as much research on said gun as possible. However, I don't know what to purchase next. So I am asking for opinions. I am torn between an AR pistol build, selling my psak gen 2 and getting a wasr, getting an ak74 or buying a bolt action in 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't have a bolt action, I just want a better Ak, and I want to get an AR pistol before some sort of bubblegumty gun laws get passed saying I can't own one. I already own a 16inch ar 15 with a 1-6 scope on it also. What do you guys think I should prioritize and focus on buying next? Budget will be around 1000-1500 total

From your list I would get the most vulnerable to anti-gun legislation.
That would be the AR pistol.

The pistol brace and mags over 10 rounds might be next.
That's what I am leaning towards. I'm just also worried about AKs getting banned as well. But I agree, I think ar pistols are going to be the next they go after.

Move to Texas.

No restriction magazines - rifle or pistol.

It's legal to open carry too.

Switchblades are legal also.

Lots of folks get their NFA stamp and then when approved - suppress their rifles and pistols.

Warning: Commies still abound in our cities as many come here from kalifornia. Luckily though, since they like to huddle really closely with each other they stay out of the country and small towns.

What to do in order to not rub elbows with these commie transplants: Stay out of the major cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi. Not sure about Beaumont though, I think it's probably a bit too rustic still for the dem/commies.

Agree with others, AR pistol w/forearm brace and 30 rnd standard capacity magazines...

That's where I've directed my 2019 funding so far, stock up on Mags and ordered in a 300 AAC Blackout pistol AR, just because I still can...

So if you have 1000-1500 to spend then I'd do this:

Sell your AK47 you don't like and buy a better one... they are as likely to get banned and stopped from being imported.

Then build an AR pistol.

The AR shouldn't cost you more then 500-700 with optic.

Just my 2¢

What ever is going to be in the Hot List for banishment is the top of my list for must haves! Any semi auto, any "Standard Capasity mags" any triggers, any evil black accessories, any ammo, sbr's sbs's, pistols, any tax stamps, ect..........

JMHO:)

A bolt action for sure. This will provide standoff distance security. If you have not shot past 500 yards you will have a lot of fun practicing. Also load your own ammo. .308 ammo abounds. I have had a 6.5 Creedmoor for over a year. It is still unfired. I need a scope but have everything else. I have been putting off buying a new scope or swapping one from another rifle. Get a folding stock and put a magazine fed action into it. I have the Bergara HMR. Savage or Tikka are a great choice as well. I have a .308 MP10.

At this point, if I were you, I'd probably get the AR Pistol you've dreamed of. I'd also suggest asking yourself what are you most likely to shoot given various scenarios with regard to potential law changes, your comfort level with owning said purchases with regard to potential new laws, and the likelihood in your estimation if you'll comply with any new laws that criminalize possession of firearms that are now legal. As for myself, I have no intent on surrendering any of my legally acquired firearms, no matter what laws are enacted. I'm buying ammo every other payday. Another 1500 rounds last week. I'm also purchasing an assortment of rifles and pistols to meet an assortment of potential uses. All of them I practice with and if you ask the wife, spend too much time and money on. The left coast is becoming less and less appealing as a place to call home, and leaving for more hospitable territory is something I'm giving serious consideration to. Wishing you an easy decision PNWPrepper.

I had an AR pistol... it sucks for muzzle blast and control , and its more a spray and pray type weapon.
I have an AK pistol and its the same way but a little heavier so it is unwieldy except for doing Drive by shootings !:rolleyes:
My suggestion is an M1A in 7.62 nato/.308 ! It's a Battle rifle , but accurate , or if you worry about a ban , get a good bolt action rifle.

I'd say buy what you're looking at. If you're worried about bans, I would buy parts that could get harder to source. (BCG's, receivers, triggers, etc)
Personally, I'm good on receivers, but am shopping around on what/how to build the ones I have.
AR pistol if you're buying against a ban I suppose due to the brace, short barrel, and it being an ar platform.
Ammo could end up being a big thing down in Oregon.

My vote would be an AR pistol, followed by another AR pistol in 9mm or .22LR. They are tons of fun!

This is one of my absolute favorites:

IMG_20181028_121227.jpg

My last eleven purchases were completely unplanned, with minimal research. Two or three were outstanding deals, the rest excellent values, and I have enjoyed every single one thus far.
In a world where buyer's remorse is thick, I have not lamented a single one of these.
Heck, one of them was a flintlock, and I've already shot 50+ round balls through it.
Coupled with all that, I've bought more magazines, brass, bullets, powder, primers and dies to keep me rolling in thousand on thousands of rounds.
At your budget, I'd buy a bone-stock PSA PA10 in 308 and either a Bergara or Tikka in 6.5 Creedmoor. Scratch two itches at once. If you get your deals on target, you might have as much as $300 left over. With that, I'd buy as many lowers and hi-cap mags as possible....
Ammunition is a consumable, and doesn't fit in the budget of "new gun" purchases.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top