Next firearm purchase

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by PNWPrepper, Jan 14, 2019 at 5:39 AM.

Tags:
  1. PNWPrepper

PNWPrepper
    Clatskanie

So, I want to buy another gun, and like any responsible gun owner. I want to do as much research on said gun as possible. However, I don’t know what to purchase next. So I am asking for opinions. I am torn between an AR pistol build, selling my psak gen 2 and getting a wasr, getting an ak74 or buying a bolt action in 308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. I don’t have a bolt action, I just want a better Ak, and I want to get an AR pistol before some sort of bubblegumty gun laws get passed saying I can’t own one. I already own a 16inch ar 15 with a 1-6 scope on it also. What do you guys think I should prioritize and focus on buying next? Budget will be around 1000-1500 total

OldTengu likes this.
  2. DirectDrive

DirectDrive
    Pacific Northwest
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer

From your list I would get the most vulnerable to anti-gun legislation.
    That would be the AR pistol.

The pistol brace and mags over 10 rounds might be next.

3. PNWPrepper

PNWPrepper
    Clatskanie

That’s what I am leaning towards. I’m just also worried about AKs getting banned as well. But I agree, I think ar pistols are going to be the next they go after.

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist
    Oregon
    AK's all day. Bronze Supporter

AR pistol.

Parts are cheap for the AR due to the saturated market, so it makes sense to save money and go the AR pistol route right now before any panic or ban.

nammac, Taco_lean and PNWPrepper like this.
  5. MannyGlocks

MannyGlocks
    Texas

Move to Texas.

No restriction magazines - rifle or pistol.

It's legal to open carry too.

Switchblades are legal also.

Lots of folks get their NFA stamp and then when approved - suppress their rifles and pistols.

Warning: Commies still abound in our cities as many come here from kalifornia. Luckily though, since they like to huddle really closely with each other they stay out of the country and small towns.

What to do in order to not rub elbows with these commie transplants: Stay out of the major cities like Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi. Not sure about Beaumont though, I think it's probably a bit too rustic still for the dem/commies.

6. DirectDrive

DirectDrive
    Pacific Northwest
    Well-Known Member 2017 Volunteer

The AR pistol brace has been under attack.
    If you don't know why, PM me.

nammac likes this.
  7. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Agree with others, AR pistol w/forearm brace and 30 rnd standard capacity magazines...

That’s where I’ve directed my 2019 funding so far, stock up on Mags and ordered in a 300 AAC Blackout pistol AR, just because I still can...

DirectDrive likes this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13
    NW of Vancouver
    Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

So if you have 1000-1500 to spend then I'd do this:

Sell your AK47 you don't like and buy a better one... they are as likely to get banned and stopped from being imported.

Then build an AR pistol.

The AR shouldn't cost you more then 500-700 with optic.

Just my 2¢

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Doin Patriot Stuff
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

What ever is going to be in the Hot List for banishment is the top of my list for must haves! Any semi auto, any "Standard Capasity mags" any triggers, any evil black accessories, any ammo, sbr's sbs's, pistols, any tax stamps, ect..........

JMHO:)

OldTengu, Joe13 and nammac like this.
  10. ravenswood

ravenswood
    Hillsboro, Oregon

Running out to buy "pre-ban" guns and gear is just going to artificially drive the prices up. I'd only do so if I were actually going to use it. Get what you'll practice and shoot, not just another safe queen! :)

Me, I don't need another gun, would rather have 1500 bucks worth of training. :s0130: A better "investment" IMO.

11. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

More ammo, more primers, more powder, more projectiles...

Joe13 and Ura-Ki like this.