JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It doesn't mater if you are conservative or liberal, democrat or republican, the rights guaranteed by the Constitution belong to all of us, which means if you want to keep those rights you had better start talking to your senators and congressmen. I myself love the ability to own firearms, hate the restrictions placed upon us just to keep them and am not willing to let anyone take that privilege from me. As gun owners we owe it to one another to fight congress and our government for the right to KEEP and Bear ARMS. Sometime in the future it might end up as a physical fight but until then, words on paper, messages sent via e-mail or phone or fax to the people you have elected to serve you.

<broken link removed>

Abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who maintained "[c]itizenship...rested upon three boxes: 'the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.'”

Nice quote and I completely agree. But in these corrospondence I think we must keep it professional and state facts about responsible gun owners, enforcing laws we have here, as in making people pay for breaking the law, and the truth that no guns laws can prevent people from doing bad things.

Also writing or emailing reps from other areas as well..

I wish these congressman- women should stay a few weeks in the worst neighborhoods in their districts and tell me they don't want a gun.

You take my gun, and I'm wielding dual machetes.

Nice quote and I completely agree. But in these corrospondence I think we must keep it professional and state facts about responsible gun owners, enforcing laws we have here, as in making people pay for breaking the law, and the truth that no guns laws can prevent people from doing bad things.

Also writing or emailing reps from other areas as well..

I wish these congressman- women should stay a few weeks in the worst neighborhoods in their districts and tell me they don't want a gun.

You take my gun, and I'm wielding dual machetes.

I'd like to see you wielding two machetes, please take a picture and post it. LOL!

Used to think we could point out the differences and common sense would take over. However after reaching the age I have I know now common sense has nothing to do with gun control. Beck showed how Chicago put in strict controls and crime went up 50%. The liberals who keep pushing for this seem to be stuck on stupid, just like the voters who keep giving them the power to rule.

jj

Just what we need. 'Knee Jerk Reaction' legislation that won't stop criminals from doing their dastardly deeds!

Whats funny is that I said this exact same thing to my wife.

I thought the whole reason these people were elected was so that we wouldnt have a bunch of knee jerk reaction legislation. Arent they supposed to be the level headed calm ones in times of crisis? It now seems that every time something bad happens in this country the citizens lose more rights.
How is it that normal everyday people like myself can realize that people are always going to do bad things no matter the consequences, or laws passed. Yet the government thinks with more regulation, laws, checks, etc.. the problems will magically disappear.

Funny how a journalist can write a story and know it means nothing.They know that gun control only effects the honest gun owner,yet they say there needs to be more laws.
And an internationally known rag,not a local paper.
I bet Zee Germans,still alive from WWII are having a laugh on this.

Maybe push for the laws in place to be better enforced?

BTW Ted Kennedy's car has still killed more people than any gun I have ever owned.

One thing that really irritates me about gun control politicians they all have the same old things to say "these hi cap clips have no use for hunting they are meant to kill lots of people very fast" please explain to me where in the second amendment it says anything about hunting? The Constitution was written in such a way that if our government becomes out of control we can take it back, the right to bear arms is to protect the people and not about hunting. there are more people that die from drunk drivers every year than from guns but for some reason we don't hear about better alcohol control every time there is a drunk driving killer.
what ever happened to crazy?
people cant be crazy any more?
lets just assume the guy in AZ wasn't able to get a gun what would have stopped him from going to a store buying a kitchen knife and stabbing people? because every time someone shoots a gun and kills someone we loose more rights.

I remember back in 2001 when a nut job drove a big rig into the state capitol in Sacramento, he drove straight into the side of the building exceeding 70 mph up the street blasting his horn all the way in with a load of powdered milk resulting in a large fireball - the driver had a history of psych issues and had been hospitalized for psych evaluation and treatment at least once - if I remember correctly he had written threats to public officials in the past as well. You could cause more carnage / damage with a semi-truck than with a gun and not have any background check. After that event they didn't push for tighter restrictions on commercial truck licensing. They didn't even talk about requiring a check for serious psych issues or restricting people with a history of making threats. They put in bollards and reinforced planters around the building so it would be exceedingly difficult for it to happen to that building again.

This was written well over two hundred years ago, listen how true it rings today. This issue of disarming the people isn't new to us as Americans and as Americans we must continue to exercise our Rights or the loose them forever.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

We are getting a knee jerk reaction from politicians because one of their own was a victim. There is a lot of corruption and elitists in politics these days. They know that people have had it with the system. People owning guns are the last thing that seems to scare them a bit. What they don't understand is that the normal gun owner isn't going to react this way. This guy was a nutjob plain and simple.

Shamefull that the left is exploting the murders of US citizens to gain a political advantage but then they "never let a crisis go to waste". Even more shamefull the left blames the shootings on the right. How long before the American public wakes up and throws this kind out?

jj

I'm confused I'm really confused A guy who was all pissed off because a Blue Dog Democrate (read conservative politic's on the Second Amendment and other conservitive issues) Wouldn't answer his wacko question at some pre election event. Then buys a handgun waits 2+ months for an opertunity to get back at her.
He was a total nut job but leaning left in his political views (he was trying to support a democrat) And some how the media and pundants have changed this to him being a rightwing nut following right wing voices in his head. And shooting a liberal democrate.

Some how I think this has been completely turned around.

Last I checked, murdering folks is already a crime, as is false statements on form 4473... but that didn't stop this loony either. This is not a gun control issue, but rather one of mental heath.

We need a law that makes breaking the law against the law...THAT will fix everything. I can't understand the blind faith these anti-gun idiots have that passing more laws is the answer.......sigh

OK so I just put this on facebook.Just like to share some of the quotes you wackos share with me. (insert smiley here)

This was written well over two hundred years ago, listen how true it rings today. This issue of disarming the people isn't new to us as Americans and as Americans we must continue to exercise our Rights or the loose them forever.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

The fact is that when Liberals say "Gun Control", they mean "People Control." They couldn't care less if the rate of crime goes up after a gun ban because they always exempt themselves from all of their heinous legislation. They, being Elitists, will always have their guns. They just don't want us peons to have guns, therefore they peon us!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top