JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh lil Jonnie! How many jokes were told on account of him?!:rolleyes::s0112:

Nancy Pelosi was visiting a primary school in Tampa and visited a grade four class. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Mrs. Pelosi if she would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy.' So our illustrious Democrat asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'.

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Pelosi , "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explained Pelosi .

"That's what we would call great loss."

The room went silent. No other child volunteered. Pelosi searched the room.

"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher held her breath.

In a quiet voice he said: "If the plane carrying you was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Pelosi , "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says Johnny, "It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss ... and you can bet your sweet bubblegum it wouldn't be an accident either!"

The teacher left the room

Nancy Pelosi was visiting a primary school in Tampa and visited a grade four class. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.

The teacher asked Mrs. Pelosi if she would like to lead the discussion on the word 'tragedy.' So our illustrious Democrat asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'.

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs him over and kills him, that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Pelosi , "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explained Pelosi .

"That's what we would call great loss."

The room went silent. No other child volunteered. Pelosi searched the room.

"Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand. The teacher held her breath.

In a quiet voice he said: "If the plane carrying you was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to smithereens that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Pelosi , "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says Johnny, "It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss ... and you can bet your sweet bubblegum it wouldn't be an accident either!"

The teacher left the room
Freaking love it!!!:s0140::s0140::s0140:

So when your students ask what you did last weekend and you tell them, "I had fun at the range target shooting" - probably would make some educators' heads explode. Sadly, the title teacher doesn't carry the prestige it used to. When I got my certs, I was thoroughly unimpressed with what would become teachers in the future. Parents should HEAVILY scrutinize what is being taught their kids in schools. As a public school teacher, I'm hesitant to send my own kids in the future. I know they would get what they need from me, but I would expect nothing but indoctrination from the majority of other teachers.

Last Edited:
This whole thread makes me sad and angry at the same time. My two kids are now grown and in their mid 20's. Both were raised in a Christian home, went to Christian private schools, and finished their last couple of years in small town conservative high schools with excellent teachers.

Both kids are now leftist and completely brainwashed by the media. I have no idea how it happened or what I could have done to raise them better.

My daughter revealed that her supposedly "Christian" mother having an online affair and leaving her faithful husband of 20 years for an ex-boyfriend she met on Facebook shattered her faith in God. It tested mine as well, I'll admit.

But if having gown up in a household that stressed hard work, faith in God, honesty, laughter, and a life centered around family and conservative ideals wasn't enough to inoculate her against succumbing to the the lies of leftism, then what is??

I used to look at parents who ended up with wayward children with scorn and judgement for their failure in teaching their children correctly. Now... I weep with, and for them.

This whole thread makes me sad and angry at the same time. My two kids are now grown and in their mid 20's. Both were raised in a Christian home, went to Christian private schools, and finished their last couple of years in small town conservative high schools with excellent teachers.

Both kids are now leftist and completely brainwashed by the media. I have no idea how it happened or what I could have done to raise them better.

My daughter revealed that her supposedly "Christian" mother having an online affair and leaving her faithful husband of 20 years for an ex-boyfriend she met on Facebook shattered her faith in God. It tested mine as well, I'll admit.

But if having gown up in a household that stressed hard work, faith in God, honesty, laughter, and a life centered around family and conservative ideals wasn't enough to inoculate her against succumbing to the the lies of leftism, then what is??

I used to look at parents who ended up with wayward children with scorn and judgement for their failure in teaching their children correctly. Now... I weep with, and for them.
Luke 8:4–15

I believe your life lessons will ermerge in their 30s, you laid the foundation and its still there. We all wander a bit in our 20s. At least that's my theroy.

I believe your life lessons will ermerge in their 30s, you laid the foundation and its still there. We all wander a bit in our 20s. At least that's my theroy.
I'm going to agree with @powersbj here. I was raised in a home similar to the one in which you raised your kids, @HaveGun.
I grew up right and true, but in my late teens and early 20s, I went astray, as do many young folks. I got addicted to drugs, stole sh!t, lied to people, cheated them, and even voted Democrat. I was an all-around awful person - barely a human being - but I didn't see myself that way. It wasn't until my older sister (may she forever rest in peace) interceded on my behalf with my estranged parents that the healing finally began.
Years later, in my middle-30s, while visiting my parents and sipping some wine with my dad in the back yard and gazing upon the Blue Ridge Mountains of the Shenandoah Valley, I turned to my father and said, from out of nowhere, "Ya know something, Dad? I have figured out that the older I get, the smarter you become."
After a brief pause, he replied simply, "I figured you would..."

Chin up, HaveGun... they'll return to the fold because of good teaching while in their formative years.

Last Edited:
"and even voted Democrat. "

.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show