JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
D,

Please explain.

Thanks!
Zoom has the ability to inject any backdrop you like if you drape a green screen (chromakey) behind the subject. I'm thinking lead off with "active volcano" and then maybe a little "Venezuela Summer of 2020" ...

On a slightly more serious note, a still image or live outside camera feed would also work.

D,

Got it.

Thanks!!

Being a quasi-Luddite, things like Zoom and anything more technical than posting on a gun forum gives me the heebie-jeebies.

The parents are at fault here too, leaving questionable objects out and in view of anyone with access to the child's cam!

Regardless, the school went way over the line, and this is an invasion of privacy, and a clear case of over stepping their authority! The excuse of extending the students safety to the home is also complete bullsh!t!
Agreed. Sadly, a prudent measure of paranoia becomes necessary in a metastasizing finger-pointing, virtue-signaling, see something, say something culture. Sure, that family has every right to exercise whatever rights they believe they still have. But if they can't anticipate the very real potential for shrill overreaction when they let strangers peer into their home, it would seem their naïve heads might be buried deeply in the sand (or somewhere dark and moist anyhow). Sometimes being right and justified just ain't worth the hassles that excitable others would choose for us.

I'm going to try an open mic guitar thing on zoom tonight. I hope the US flag on my wall doesn't label me as a racist.

Last Edited:
This may inspire me to empty the safe and fill a wall with firearms as a backdrop for my online meetings. My coworkers and direct managers would just compliment me on my collection, those further up the chain maybe not so much!

This may inspire me to empty the safe and fill a wall with firearms as a backdrop for my online meetings. My coworkers and direct managers would just compliment me on my collection, those further up the chain maybe not so much!
I had an AR pistol I'd been prepping to sell before work leaning in the corner a couple weeks ago. Manager asks "Is that an AR?" and then talks 5 minutes about how he's been looking for something like the M4 he had in the USMC. Yeah, not likely to be an issue on this crew.

I say fight fire with fire; if the leftists feel it is acceptable to "dox" people, it should be completely acceptable to dox this teacher to the firearms community. I'm fairly certain lots of folks would be more than happy to share their opinions on the matter (and rightly should.)

I say fight fire with fire; if the leftists feel it is acceptable to "dox" people, it should be completely acceptable to dox this teacher to the firearms community. I'm fairly certain lots of folks would be more than happy to share their opinions on the matter (and rightly should.)

A logical feel-good move. But I'm keeping my ethics thanx. Personally think doxxing should be made illegal in all states.

:eek:

Those who can't, ...................
Teach!

Oooooo, you're in big trouble now!!! ;)

Zoom has the ability to inject any backdrop you like if you drape a green screen (chromakey) behind the subject. I'm thinking lead off with "active volcano" and then maybe a little "Venezuela Summer of 2020" ...

You've inspired me... one of my specialty doctors wants to do Zoom checkup/appts. I'm fairly underwhelmed with TeleHealth in general much less seeing my docs shining face on my monitor. So I'm thinking I'll put a closeup vid of the south end of a horse dropping a load in the the background. Or maybe an elephant dropping a turd. Or two dogs humping.

Would the same thing have happened if say......there was a marijuana joint on the table?

Aloha, Mark

Nah, the Teach would stop by to confiscate it...

Last Edited:
A logical feel-good move. But I'm keeping my ethics thanx. Personally think doxxing should be made illegal in all states.
I agree; doxxing should be illegal, possibly a felony. Consider my suggestion with a grain of salt, as the firearm community has higher ethics than most and wouldn't stoop to that level. Well, most of us anyway...

Now there wanting the parents to sign a waiver stating they will not sit in and view the online classes ! This is B.S , its another way for the teachers to teach what "they" want and I say "No" !!!!!! It's up to the parents to pay attention to what's being taught in these schools now adays because they are trying to teach inappropriate things to our children !!!!!!!

Now there wanting the parents to sign a waiver stating they will not sit in and view the online classes ! This is B.S , its another way for the teachers to teach what "they" want and I say "No" !!!!!! It's up to the parents to pay attention to what's being taught in these schools now adays because they are trying to teach inappropriate things to our children !!!!!!!
That's completely unacceptable! Requiring parents to step aside while the teachers "teach" is not only irresponsible, but down right dangerous!
Having two little ones at home going through this whole remote learning, we have been very proactive at participating in the children's on line activities and school sessions! Most teachers seem ok with this as long as we don't interfere or disrupt the learning sessions, however, there are things that have come up that I fact checked and found wrong, to which I pointed out to the school and was basically told to butt out! I'm not the parent, but while in my care, I WILL hold feet to the fire to ensure these little ones are getting a proper experience! That looks more and more like full home schooling day by day! :eek:

What is needed is transparency and accountability...

Waiver meme.jpg

Parents used to be welcomed to sit in on classroom sessions. In fact, sometimes their presence was DEMANDED to keep lil Johnnie in line.

I am appalled that we are having to have this discussion. The teachers that pull this garbage need to be drummed out. There was no threat of harm in that picture. There was nothing illegal. There was no reason to believe that child was unsupervised and even that is irrelevant based on the toys in the picture. Mandatory reporter indeed and not withstanding. This is a glaring over-reach and to attempt to expand a rule that no guns are allowed in school, therefore, not in the childrens' homes is beyond the pail. School personnel in general have risen to a delusional level of arrogance. We should not have to hide and be paranoid in our intersections with these employees of the public. Parents need to take back the schools.

School personnel in general have risen to a delusional level of arrogance. We should not have to hide and be paranoid in our intersections with these employees of the public.
Very well stated!

When my daughter was in her 'formative' years in school (mid 2000's) I had to really be careful because there were so many issues I did not agree with and on a few occasions had to complain to the principal, failing that the superintendent, and one occasion that resulted in my calling the Governor of the state.

I felt like I was in a constant 'war' of ideals, morals and principals with the school system and the ARROGANCE I had to deal with.

I was not alone either as I often had other conservative parents rallying with me on these particular issues.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads