JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is not just a NWFA problem. It is the "virtual" culture that has developed around the internet generally. Reminds me of children taking turns on the playground grasping onto the handle of a baseball bat to see who gets to the top first, only in this case it is a kind of competition to see who can represent themselves as the most insulting personality, the most snarky personality, the most demeaning personality. People who may be polite to others in their real-world interactions let their true colors fly on the internet, and it is pretty sad to see. Pretty sad to see who they are inside. Sigh indeed.
People talk a lot of $hit when there is no chance of getting punched in throat for being an a$$. People are safe in their mother's basement.

Whoa whoa. Marines are great at killing things, eating crayons, cleaning windows, and divorcing strippers. Leave us alone. I have no place in the fight when it comes to defending the honor of vortex though.
I've heard they're also great at painting everything white.

For the OP's problem, great that you figured out the problem. I was going to suggest experimenting with a bore sight. Bore sight, shoot a round then bore sight again to see if it still aligns.

Roll your own ammunition, shoot more and be happy. BTW, cleverer folks than me have determined that it takes five shots to make a group - three shots is just a happy coincidence. ;)
It is my method of operation that three shots CERTAINLY can "make a group" ("make a group" interpreted to be a valid measure of a rifle/load performance) in certain rifles.

Single shot (hunting) rifles may never see an episode of three consecutive shots in the field on big game. Therefore, I believe a three-shot group certainly conveys a measurement of those rifles' practical accuracy. Two three-shot groups (perhaps on two separate days) would be hard confirmation.

A bolt-action repeater Varminter should be tested with 7 or 10 shot groups, fired in succession at the approximate rate of fire to be expected in the field.

A double gun should be tested with two-shot groups as a test of regulation as well as accuracy.

Five shot groups are my standard for a big game repeater. Component shortages might dictate less, of course.

In other words, rifles should be tested for accuracy in a method (and group size) that coincides with that rifle's actual intended use.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top