JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have used a stand size bottom roll away since 89, and it's packed. This has twice if not more storage room and room for a 2nd press.

Will update after my Inline fab mount and accessories come in.

And King Shephard sleeps in the same room and way Quicker and cheaper than the ADT alarm system..... hum maybe not damm dog was a couple grand.
LOL 20151213_114814.jpg

As long as said alarm system is trained NOT to accept nummy treats from anyone but you....
Looks like a fine place to reload but unless there is a place for your legs under the bench it could get uncomfortable quickly.

Think comfort if you are going to be spending hours at a time sitting.

i second that...and i speak from experience.
my press has been attached to my Craftsman bench for a long time. I only spend about 20-30 minutes in front of it at a time, then it starts getting uncomfortable.

The only advice i can offer if your going to use that bench is pull it out a bit and mount the press on the corner so you can straddle it.

But otherwise i like that you have going there.
Good looking dog as well. I've been toying with the idea of getting one but might wait until the kids are a little older. (currently 4 years old and 2 years old)

Good idea, and its wedged so it cant roll around or wobble!

I hate standing up when reloading....Ughh I've been thinking of lowing my bench so I could use my Lay-z-boy while reloading! I'm tired of the stool!

I am a nube to reloading so I am thinking I want to produce a lot of ammo for storage and being prepared for whatever is going to happen to our country.
I made my living mostly sitting or standing splicing telephone cables. It is a monotonous job so I figured I needed to get comfortable in those situations where hours are common sitting.:cool:

Thanks Guys
It's a toss up I use that round stool right side of pic, and also stand. It goes pretty fast, the set up is a rock chucker with a new generation piggyback on top of it.

Tried single stage that didn't last long, started shooting IPSC in 89 and I got a piggy back gen 1, the latest version is a manual indexing like the Dillon 550 it gives me more control of the process.

If I preload enuff primers 400 + an hr is easy, have doNE 500 per hr but prefer the slower rate .

The bench is marked down to 299 at costco now. Just got it last night, and it is very well Made! No flex, and HEAVY! package weight I think was about 225...... and all the package materials may of weight 20lbs.

The casters are beefy enuff for my safe the unit is rated at 2200lbs.

I am a nube to reloading so I am thinking I want to produce a lot of ammo for storage and being prepared for whatever is going to happen to our country.
I made my living mostly sitting or standing splicing telephone cables. It is a monotonous job so I figured I needed to get comfortable in those situations where hours are common sitting.:cool:

The beat I can say is learn the single stage way on rock chucker or the supreme model .

And then get the correct model piggyback for and Pound them out.

And if you wanna single stage precision rds, take off the piggyback and have at it.

That the bomb about it, love my little piggy LOL IMAG1085.jpg

Got the QD Ultramount installed my Ergo Roller Handle is on its way.

Goal is a PRO 2000 on another QD plate dedicated to all the rifle rds.

I highly recommend this mount!

20151224_091623.jpg 20151224_092022.jpg

20151224_091623.jpg

20151224_092022.jpg

That same mount is what you will order and this is working for me ... standing, or sitting on tall bar stool.

BUT it's 10 times better after I got the ergo roller handle!!!
From inline fab.

20160112_034842.jpg

20160112_034842.jpg

Now ya all, must know I do rotate between standing and sitting . But the big deal with the handle is the comfort it gave my wrist, shoulder and back. HUGE difference.

Highly recommended !!

And the PRO 200 will be sitting just a bit lower cause my system is a RC with the Piggyback on top.... but runs like a PRO 2k.

The beat I can say is learn the single stage way on rock chucker or the supreme model .

And then get the correct model piggyback for and Pound them out.

And if you wanna single stage precision rds, take off the piggyback and have at it.

That the bomb about it, love my little piggy LOL View attachment 268030

How well does the APS work for you? Had the system for press and bench mounted and never quite got the hang of it. Had trouble with strip loader as well.
Really liked the theory of captive primers in the strips versus lose in the tubes. Get tired of filling primer tubes but ended up going back to it.

How well does the APS work for you? Had the system for press and bench mounted and never quite got the hang of it. Had trouble with strip loader as well.
Really liked the theory of captive primers in the strips versus lose in the tubes. Get tired of filling primer tubes but ended up going back to it.

Lost ur ph # dang it.
Anyway 1st 2k was great them started getting jams . Damaged a few strips. Called rcbs and found that an adjustment slipped on the ratchet system .

Followed the techs advise and been 100% for the last 2 yrs and at least 10k in rds.

I've use the PB systems since 89 and never liked the priming tubes and the way it transferred them.

Like any progressive, keep it CLEAN and your good.

Aps no more primer dust, or sideways /upside down primers.

And NO EXPLOSIONS , TUBES HAVE BLOWN UP. GOOGLE IT.

oh pm me your cell, and I hope the truckin has been good.

And for all who swage on a dillon, I'm waiting on the inserts that align the brass and will report back on that inline fab product.

John
One thing you'll love is how fast it is to change from small to large primers. Way faster than having a dillon.

I just unscrew the small plunger and put the large one in and ur done! No changing of Transfer bars etc.

On the piggyback 1 and 2 that used priming tubes change over to a different primer size was a pain.

The APS strip system is with a couple of quirks, but once learned it's way better that tubes. At least to me it is.

Last Edited:
John
One thing you'll love is how fast it is to change from small to large primers. Way faster than having a dillon.

I just unscrew the small plunger and put the large one in and ur done! No changing of Transfer bars etc.

On the piggyback 1 and 2 that used priming tubes change over to a different primer size was a pain.

The APS strip system is with a couple of quirks, but once learned it's way better that tubes. At least to me it is.
The way to make the dillon change faster is to buy a whole other primer mechanism.Then just change the whole thing instead of taking them apart to change the plate.
Nice set up.A little too clean for me but hey

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads