JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way to make the dillon change faster is to buy a whole other primer mechanism.Then just change the whole thing instead of taking them apart to change the plate.
Nice set up.A little too clean for me but hey

Here ya go. Better now ?

20160121_172642.jpg

20160121_172642.jpg

Update
Got the alignment inserts from inline fab installed per the instructions...

Over priced yes, as I spent 15 yrs making plastic extrusion tooling.

But is it worth it?
Hell yes!
No more misalignment of brass, increasing scpeed double if not more.

If you have a Dillion swager you need this!
Comes with 1 308 and 1 223 insert.

1453686089478.jpg

1453686089478.jpg

Now ya all, must know I do rotate between standing and sitting . But the big deal with the handle is the comfort it gave my wrist, shoulder and back. HUGE difference.

Highly recommended !!

And the PRO 200 will be sitting just a bit lower cause my system is a RC with the Piggyback on top.... but runs like a PRO 2k.

Did you get the standard or Long version of the handle? Do you stand or sit?

John
When I ordered it he had no such animal, as it's a RC with a piggyback 3 on it .

So it's a custom (same price) he just scaled from the pictures I sent and just talked with Dan yesterday about how he nailed the height. Perfect for my right hand thumb to rotate the shell plate as I lower the ram to prime.

I start standing and when I need a change of position (bad knee) I use a tall bar stool to sit on the ergonomics of the handle still work when sitting and it's alot better than the longer straight
One stock unit.

Sgt
thanks he just turned 6, have had GS most of my life. This is the 1st King Shepard we've owned. The breed is approved and does better with the hip issues... time will tell our last standard GS made it over 12yrs.

I love my bench and it has great brakes on it and moves if needed. Has ample room on top to process and I will soon have a 3rd press to rotate out on the QC mount. I could go in the unheated/no AC shop and mount all 3 but I prefer to NOT tie up that much space needed for other projects. Besides I can only run one press at a time. LOL

Oh those swager inserts worked so good I ordered a set for my buddy in Nevada for is birthday while I had inline fab on the phone.

Last Edited:
I left like three messages with Dan tonight and an order.. I hope I don't wear out my welcome with him. He answers business e-mails at 9:30 PM !! Gotta love that.. I ordered the long version ergo handle and then left a message asking him to decide for me based on my plan to be seated whether the shorter handle or longer would be best based on his feedback..

I left like three messages with Dan tonight and an order.. I hope I don't wear out my welcome with him. He answers business e-mails at 9:30 PM !! Gotta love that.. I ordered the long version ergo handle and then left a message asking him to decide for me based on my plan to be seated whether the shorter handle or longer would be best based on his feedback..

Let me know what he said. As the 3rd press will be the same pro 2000.

I'm thinking at the least it's a 2/3 man shop so he's to busy to tend to his email untill the night time . I met him and what seem to be his wife about 7yrs ago at a gun show and was impressed with his products then, the Quick Change top plate was a game changer for me. As space is always an issue and changing them out is just as you see in their video less than a minute.

Regarding the PRO 2000 that I haven't used yet while handling it I've noticed that the aluminum die holder on this model is a tad loose and I'm wondering if that little bit of wobble will affect use (lineup concern) with shells as they pass under. Was thinking maybe a thin strip of blue tape around the edge of the die holder to make the "wobble" go away.... Just seems like it should be a tighter fit. Maybe with some powder dust in there after some use.

This is gonna be a long response..... lots of good fixes for this and some people use it for the 550 as it to has the movement also.

In short tool head flanges vary per outside vendors rcbs used.

We were one in Nevada for a while. Caliper the dim. On all your THs (tool heads) they vary up to 15 thousands. So you know if ur fix will work for all of them.

Ya can just set the taper crimp and the seating dies (with all stations having brass in them, to account for any shell plate and sub plate flex) on the up stroke this will push all play to the top.

Google tool head free play or slop and ya can find the company that sells a kit and tool heads pre done for sale.

I did my own set/stop screw fix.

Tape can work use all the way round the TH flange. So the load is as even as you can get it.

They are a production machine , and can produce sub MOA ammo if set up right. Or just save that operation for a single stage press.

Good luck.

This is gonna be a long response..... lots of good fixes for this and some people use it for the 550 as it to has the movement also.

In short tool head flanges vary per outside vendors rcbs used.

We were one in Nevada for a while. Caliper the dim. On all your THs (tool heads) they vary up to 15 thousands. So you know if ur fix will work for all of them.

Ya can just set the taper crimp and the seating dies (with all stations having brass in them, to account for any shell plate and sub plate flex) on the up stroke this will push all play to the top.

Google tool head free play or slop and ya can find the company that sells a kit and tool heads pre done for sale.

I did my own set/stop screw fix.

Tape can work use all the way round the TH flange. So the load is as even as you can get it.

They are a production machine , and can produce sub MOA ammo if set up right. Or just save that operation for a single stage press.

Good luck.
So I discovered a roll of this plastic type tape that comes in airway kits but it gets thrown away 90% of the time at the hospital. It's used to tape airways in place but we rarely use it except for OR use.. It has some stretch to it and its durable and its about 1/8" wider than the aluminum flange on the RCBS die holder plate. It took all the wobble out. The die plate can be taken out and replaced multiple times without any significant damage and the tape is very easy to remove and replace.... Sorry but somebody is getting intubated soon so I can get more tape....:eek: Just Kidding!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top