JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:rolleyes: So, Ford says the new Bronco will be, "coming out" soon ....

.... Geeze, a "Brokeback Bronco"? Can't really say I'm all that surprised. These days that seems typical of Corporate cultural pandering to keep their dealerships from being burned

Last Edited:
:rolleyes: So, Ford says the new Bronco will be, "coming out" soon ....

.... Geeze, "broke back Bronco"? Can't really say I'm all that surprised. These days that seems typical of Corporate cultural pandering to keep their dealerships from being burned
Yeah, Subaru led the way on that front years ago and I still won't own one.

I think you will be hard-pressed to find any large corporation these days that is not "woke". I don't think there is anything we can do about it at this stage, other than watch everything fall apart.

This thread needs photos of the supposed new Bronco...

Interior:

Bronco_Interior_001.jpg

Exterior:

2021-ford-bronco-new-leaked-images.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-and-ford-bronco-sport-leaked-jpg.jpg

It definitely will be a cool-looking rig.

My current ride is a 2019 4Runner and works well for what I use it for. I get Ford fleet pricing through my job, and buying one in a year or so would be tempting since they do look cool and the resale will likely remain high, like the Raptor and Mustang GT. And maybe reliability will be OK after a couple of years of working the bugs out...

Can't be any worse than the new Jeeps, lol.

But, I'll be going to a half or 3/4-ton pickup next. Looked at the F250 and was tempted by a stripped down base model, but still, the reliability is spotty.

I guess Ford employees are petitioning to stop making cop rigs so
:s0158:

Maybe those same woke justice warriors could stop buying Chinese made products on Amazon Prime so they no longer support an ACTUAL racist regime that has ACTUAL internment camps, doesn't allow immigration and whose president elected himself for life? No? They'd rather bite the hands that feed them? OK then.......

Ford is taking a major risk going up against Jeep, especially in the price segment where the value will play the dominant roll! I always liked the Bronco, and the first gen are stupid valuable, but they we're far from first to market with a small SUV before that was even a thing, and they were forever playing catch up, value wise, they were in the middle, with International's scout at the entry level of high value, and low cost, General Motors was the high end, but it was ALWAYS Jeep in the lead, always has been, always will be, and that's what Ford is up against! Ford is going to have to really hot one out of the park, otherwise it will be a has been quickly forgotten!

You are assuming this in the context of off road performance and durability overall. There has been nothing come out of any auto manufacturer in the last 25 years as far as an "SUV" class goes. They are all nothing but over priced pavement princess's, which has pushed the price far beyond a reasonable cost. There is a decent'88 Bronco for sale down the road for $ 8,000. Bit more than my current budget is going to allow.

This as you accurately note is pushing the price of decent vintage vehicles through the roof. I would just like to get my hands on a decent Ford Ranger 4x4 with about 130,000 on it with V6 and 5 speed for around 6K to 7K. But a decent full size Blazer or Bronco would work. Wishful thinking though.

Ford Expedition is on a F-150 truck frame. Then again, one could argue that the current F-150 is a pavement princess now :s0092:

Jeep Wrangler series is still using solid front/rear axles and body-on frame construction. There was talk about IFS for the Wrangler but that got canned pretty quick I think.

GMC Yukon/Chevy Tahoe are still truck based SUVs but they are increasingly sold only with luxury options that drives costs way way way up. There's no American branded "midsize truck based SUV" on the market as far as I know, except the Wrangler which isn't even a truck (except the ugly Gladiator) :oops:

There's no American branded "midsize truck based SUV" on the market as far as I know, except the Wrangler which isn't even a truck (except the ugly Gladiator) :oops:

The 4Runner is based on the Tacoma and still has the much better 4.0 V6 compared to the 3.5 V6 now in the Tacoma. Saw an article in some magazine that took a Wrangler and a 4Runner off-road and concluded that the 4Runner was superior in traction and articulation to the Wrangler.

I considered the Gladiator for about 10 seconds, until I realized I wanted a pickup bed that I could actually use.

I was driving in Spokane last month and spotted a Gladiator doing what I suspected all Gladiator owners have to do if they need to actually use their bed for pickup stuff...

IMG_20200512_161139460.jpg

Can we some how get Lee Iacocca to come back from the grave to deal with this bunch of over paid ingrates ? Lee is pounding the table right now, cussing everybody.....something about having a shot gun to the unions head during the Chrysler sh*t show ??
Back in college I remember learning Chrysler or whatever had like 40,000 options, including permutations and Japanese manufacturers had like 100, focusing on quality instead of colored truck nutz.

It definitely will be a cool-looking rig.

Not flaming here at all and my personal opinion is that the minute they added 2 more doors to it, it is no longer eligible for any kind of cool label. But Marketing tells them is will be the Bronco, because there is only one generation now that remembers what early 2 door SUV model looked like and performed like, and no market there for the new gen Bronco.

This 4 door will become the new baseline for Bronco buyers.

Back in college I remember learning Chrysler or whatever had like 40,000 options, including permutations and Japanese manufacturers had like 100, focusing on quality instead of colored truck nutz.

Yep. Chrysler never had much in my opinion after about 74 any way. Just a poorly built product, but they had some muscle cars that were outstanding. The Dart series from about 1967 to 1974, 2 doors with 340 V8's, 4 speeds came stock 275 hp, bolt on's would get you 300 hp and a bunch of tickets real quick like.

Yep. Chrysler never had much in my opinion after about 74 any way. Just a poorly built product, but they had some muscle cars that were outstanding. The Dart series from about 1967 to 1974, 2 doors with 340 V8's, 4 speeds came stock 275 hp, bolt on's would get you 300 hp and a bunch of tickets real quick like.
Yeah... I've owned a couple of Darts, including a `65 GT with the 273 V8 Commando motor. Over 300hp and solid lifters. Never could figure out why they used wheel studs on one side of the vehicle that were reverse threaded. And forget trying to find aftermarket rims to replace the tiny 14" pizza cutters they came with.

The 4Runner is based on the Tacoma and still has the much better 4.0 V6 compared to the 3.5 V6 now in the Tacoma. Saw an article in some magazine that took a Wrangler and a 4Runner off-road and concluded that the 4Runner was superior in traction and articulation to the Wrangler.

I considered the Gladiator for about 10 seconds, until I realized I wanted a pickup bed that I could actually use.

I was driving in Spokane last month and spotted a Gladiator doing what I suspected all Gladiator owners have to do if they need to actually use their bed for pickup stuff...

View attachment 721529
Toyota globally isn't headquartered in US :s0077: I'd be OK with the Gladiator, if instead of the 4 doors and a small bed; it had 2 door and a 5-6ft long bed. Something more like the Scrambler A-Brief-History-of-the-Jeep-CJ-20-1600x978.jpg

The 4 door Gladiator has way too much wheelbase for a Jeep!
The Wranglers are larger than the Cherokee.... this is an aftermarket 2 door truck (MOPAR's JK8 conversion kit) next to the Comanche :eek: turns out the Gladiator 4 door actually has a 5ft bed. But... 6-7 ft long bed would look better on a 2 door, 6a00d83451b3c669e201538df9951e970b-800wi.jpg
More like the J6 concept here, which ought to be marketed as a kit... dims.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads