JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like Ford more then Chebby, and I had a 73 FJ-40, which was good until it wasn't! Cost me way more then my jeeps to fix that damn thing, only to have it fail again! Finally swapped it all over to, Wait for it,...............................FORD, and never had an issue again!

Current Jeep is a 51 Jeepster that's all custom, but looks factory and is a thoroughbred Jeep, all 76 Wagoneer drivetrain!
Kinda funk, super cool, and quite useful as a daily rig!

I like Ford more then Chebby, and I had a 73 FJ-40, which was good until it wasn't! Cost me way more then my jeeps to fix that damn thing, only to have it fail again! Finally swapped it all over to, Wait for it,...............................FORD, and never had an issue again!

Current Jeep is a 51 Jeepster that's all custom, but looks factory and is a thoroughbred Jeep, all 76 Wagoneer drivetrain!
Kinda funk, super cool, and quite useful as a daily rig!
I had a 75 FJ40
Have a 77 now.
And I we have a 100 series. Wife drives it. 215k and zero issues.
Fj parts are for sure more money than jeeps.

Had an 73 Australian FJ-40 factory Soft top with winch, was an awesome rig until it blew the steering knuckles, both sides, and I had Toyota rebuild it, only to blow it again a few weeks later! Bought a wrecked/parts 69 1st Gen Bronco and swapped over all of it, nice running 302, Doug Nash 4 speed, and Dana transfer case, and the nice dependable/bomb proof ford/Dana Spicer axles! Almost a bolt in job, a 3 day weekend and a few cases of beer, and we had that FJ back on the road!

Had an 73 Australian FJ-40 factory Soft top with winch, was an awesome rig until it blew the steering knuckles, both sides, and I had Toyota rebuild it, only to blow it again a few weeks later! Bought a wrecked/parts 69 1st Gen Bronco and swapped over all of it, nice running 302, Doug Nash 4 speed, and Dana transfer case, and the nice dependable/bomb proof ford/Dana Spicer axles! Almost a bolt in job, a 3 day weekend and a few cases of beer, and we had that FJ back on the road!
Sounds like the old dealer didn't know there business. Or was this a off road rig being wheeled pretty hard?

I've always been a Bronco fan. I'm looking for to this unveil, I've never been a Jeep fan or any chysler for that matter. But you can't deny their durability.

I just think they are overhyped and overpriced. the interior and electronics are kinda junk.

But they will run through about anything.

I'm surprised none of you super sleuths picked up the reflection in the paint of the bronco. What is it?;)
Other than the kayak, it appears that you might be parked next to Luke Skywalker's X-wing fighter...

Last Edited:
A nuetronic fuel carrier that has struck a gravitic mine...?

I'm mixing my movies now...

My wife owned nothing but full sized Bronco's from the mid-80's to whenever they quit making them.
She absolutely loved them. She wants a full size heavy vehicle as it makes her feel safer.
She was stopped on I-5 due to traffic congestion ahead and some moron rear ended her at 50mph.
The rear bumper was folded under to the axle and the rear window was laying on the dashboard.
Moron was a grease spot on his hood.
The state trooper said the Bronco saved her life.
Every time she hears about the new Bronco she just laughs.
She now drives an Expedition and is very happy with it.
I've been thinking about putting wheels on a passenger ferry for her.......:confused:

My wife owned nothing but full sized Bronco's from the mid-80's to whenever they quit making them.
She absolutely loved them. She wants a full size heavy vehicle as it makes her feel safer.
She was stopped on I-5 due to traffic congestion ahead and some moron rear ended her at 50mph.
The rear bumper was folded under to the axle and the rear window was laying on the dashboard.
Moron was a grease spot on his hood.
The state trooper said the Bronco saved her life.
Every time she hears about the new Bronco she just laughs.
She now drives an Expedition and is very happy with it.
I've been thinking about putting wheels on a passenger ferry for her.......:confused:
She deserves a F-450

Or an M1A1. I hear they're hella stout...
Nah. This. An Israeli Namer IFV/APC. Or at least a wheeled vehicle as heavily armored as this :s0151: DAmxNrKWsAEcJMd.jpg

I was super-stoked to hear that Ford was bringing back the Bronco. I love all of the old Broncos and have always wanted one.

The buzz that was Ford was going after the Jeep Wrangler so most assumed live axles and a V8 in a simple and affordable package.

Then over the past couple of years more and more details came out and it was obvious that they were going to punt it and build a soccer-mom vehicle that had a retro look and IFS with turbo V6, lots of electronic gizmos, and maybe some off-road ability.

At least it's frame-based and will have decent approach angles. Well, at least the larger versions. The "Sport" model is based on the Ford Escape, which is an awful vehicle in every way. I drive one at work with 20,000 miles and it is the worst vehicle I have ever experienced. Multiple electrical and mechanical issues, gets stuck if you look at it wrong, horrible HVAC system, flimsy materials, just awful in every metric.

My prediction is that Ford will sell a ton of them for over MSRP. Within a month or two, there will be recalls and YouTube videos detailing the common issues owners are experiencing.

I used to love Ford, but having owned brand new ones the last decade, I now own a Toyota. Life is stressful enough without trying to figure out how to get to work when your new Ford is in the shop, again.

Never owned a Jeep or Ford, but we have Fords at work, I am currently assigned a newer 1.6T AWD Escape.

The Jeep line definitely has a big advantage over Ford:
3 very different body styles.
3 very different engine choices.
A myriad of different off-roading configurations.
Solid front axle.

The Bronco will have IFS. With IFS, the Bronco really won't have any advantage over many off-road oriented pickup trucks. It'll just be about style.

Also, I second that Ford quality is absolute junk. For 13 years I have been assigned Ford rigs from F-550's down to Transit Connects, they've all been terrible vehicles and reaffirm my satisfaction with my 14 year old Nissan truck.

If I were in the market for a trendy offroad machine, I'd get a Jeep 2 door Rubicon V6. Way way way too expensive, but it still embodies the virtues of a true off-roading machine.

According to the info i could find, the new Bronco is supposed to be using the global Ford T6 Ranger frame and drivetrain?
The Escape and the Explorer 2011 onwards are both FWD/AWD Unibody platforms :confused:Only the Expedition is based on a truck chassis, the F150. The F250 based Excursion is no longer being produced.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top