JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ford is re-introducing vehicles branded Bronco. This was an early consumer-available four wheel drive that came out around 1966. The model was popular through it's entire production run in several generations. It was discontinued in 1996 because Ford came out with newer design SUV types.

Now the Bronco is coming back. Ford is placing a big bet on this. They believe the value of the brand name Bronco will be very important in the success of this model. There is a lot of promotion, advertising and hype that will be going into this effort. I hope they are right.

I'm now thinking of another highly promoted and hyped Ford model that didn't do so well. That was the Edsel. Huge amount of market research, advertising and general hoopla went along with that. Lots of promo money was spent. It was a huge flop. It didn't help that the car was introduced into a recession.

So the new Bronco has a couple of similar things going on with it common to the Edsel effort. The huge promotion based on assumptions, and going into the recession. The new Bronco has already been delayed due to the virus. We can hope for the best.

I wonder about Ford's reliance on brand value for the success of the new Bronco. The original Bronco was technically very simple compared to any current production vehicle. Original, early Broncos do generate a lot of enthusiasm and values of same are very high. Which is one reason they generate so much interest, their value! The new Bronco will be two lines. A smaller Bronco Sport, and a larger senior Bronco. I've read that the Sport will start at $30K plus, you know they will be more than that with better equipment. I haven't read any forecast about how much the larger Bronco will go for.

I also wonder at the following. Price of company shares. Ford is trading at something over $5 per share at present. At a time when the market has gone nuts. Compare that to Tesla, with share prices of about $1,540. Ford owns factories, land, machinery, famous brands, etc. Has been in business for over 100 years. Tesla makes cars in tents, has been in business for only a few years. I simply don't understand this dymanic.

The 2 door SUV and even 2 door trucks as an American Market has been trending downwards. I don't expect the 2 door Bronco to survive long this go around. Going to be interesting as the new Bronco is supposed to be based on the Ford Ranger truck platform... and it would basically be the smallest truck based SUV in the lineup, since the Explorer currently (since 2011) have been a FWD/AWD Unibody vehicle :eek:

Ford is taking a major risk going up against Jeep, especially in the price segment where the value will play the dominant roll! I always liked the Bronco, and the first gen are stupid valuable, but they we're far from first to market with a small SUV before that was even a thing, and they were forever playing catch up, value wise, they were in the middle, with International's scout at the entry level of high value, and low cost, General Motors was the high end, but it was ALWAYS Jeep in the lead, always has been, always will be, and that's what Ford is up against! Ford is going to have to really hot one out of the park, otherwise it will be a has been quickly forgotten!

Ford can shove the bronco and every thing else up there azz if they follow the requests of there employees made today
Yup, I saw that, bunch of virtue signaling! At least the CEO shut that down, but I'm betting the employees go after him and he gets forced out and they get their way! If that happens, Ford needs to die on the vine, the Gov needs to take it over and liquidate it and pay back the people who bailed them out!

Yup, I saw that, bunch of virtue signaling! At least the CEO shut that down, but I'm betting the employees go after him and he gets forced out and they get their way! If that happens, Ford needs to die on the vine, the Gov needs to take it over and liquidate it and pay back the people who bailed them out!
Wasn't ford that didn't take the money in 2008?

Last Edited:
Give me any of the late 60's to mid 70's Mid size SUVs and I'd be happy, they all have more room then the new stuff, and actually performed very well, from hauling kids and dogs and camping gear while towing a big boat, nothing could match them other then maybe a VAN! The very best of all was the Jeep Wagoneers, as close to today's Yukon or other simmiler, but they were amazingly versitile, and more comfortable then today's rigs! And they built them far longer then any other rig!

Give me any of the late 60's to mid 70's Mid size SUVs and I'd be happy, they all have more room then the new stuff, and actually performed very well, from hauling kids and dogs and camping gear while towing a big boat, nothing could match them other then maybe a VAN! The very best of all was the Jeep Wagoneers, as close to today's Yukon or other simmiler, but they were amazingly versitile, and more comfortable then today's rigs! And they built them far longer then any other rig!
Hahahahaha
Them were under powered panel wagons!!
How about the 3 door suburban?

Been sitting on this little gem for a few years. Sport model, I have the original full top as well, original paint too bad the original owner cut the quarters. I'm the 2nd owner. I've been thinking about the new one, maybe if they come with a raptor model motor in the 2 door. I agree the 2 door will be a thing of the past quickly. The 2 door raptor motor model might end up being worth something.

20200527_210937.jpg

I had a 72 Wagoneer Limited 4X4 with the big 401 and all the options, all I did was put new tires on it, fixed some minor issues and had it painted! Paid $2800 for it, turned around 6 years later and sold it for $20,000! The demand went through the roof, and folks are paying insane prices! Buddy has A Super Wagoneer limited, worth an absolute fortune, he has been offered over 100,000 for it, and he has been tempted to sell it, would fund a few nice toys, or more like, pay off the mortgage!

Mine!
1594430660563.png

Buddies Super!

1594431043674.png
NOBODY built a better SUV then Jeep, NOBODY!

I had a 72 Wagoneer Limited 4X4 with the big 401 and all the options, all I did was put new tires on it, fixed some minor issues and had it painted! Paid $2800 for it, turned around 6 years later and sold it for $20,000! The demand went through the roof, and folks are paying insane prices! Buddy has A Super Wagoneer limited, worth an absolute fortune, he has been offered over 100,000 for it, and he has been tempted to sell it, would fund a few nice toys, or more like, pay off the mortgage!

Mine!
View attachment 720758

Buddies Super!

View attachment 720760
NOBODY built a better SUV then Jeep, NOBODY!
Nobody?!!
Hahahaha
Two letters!!
FJ
And pick a number

Nobody?!!
Hahahaha
Two letters!!
FJ
And pick a number
FJ crap, :p:p:p
No version of the FJ was ever as good as, or better then any Scout, or a CJ, let alone a Wagoneer!
You had to spend a lot of cash to make a FJ 40 almost as good as a CJ, usually swapping the ( Dumbarse Birfield) axles to Chevy truck, and you might as well toss the transfer case while your at it!

Last Edited:
FJ crap, we never got the good stuff here, and they were smaller and less capable then American rigs!
Bababahahahahabbahhha
Those 50hp diesels over seas are over played.
Let's take the 1975 FJ40 versus the 1975 cj5. Drive them 250,000 miles and we will see what crap is.
Or how about the new land cruiser versus the loaded four door heep. Nobody and I mean nobody has built quality like Toyota. Heeps are 10th on the list at least.
One heep was worth something. The willys. Only because of its small size.

Got an 86 Bronco sittin' in the driveway right now. 300" six and the 4 speed with the compound low. Damn decent shape. It's been on a few Wyoming/Montana/Idaho hunts and is filled with memories. Like my dog, part of the family. It's what my daughters learned to drive with.

FJ crap, :p:p:p
No version of the FJ was ever as good as, or better then any Scout, or a CJ, let alone a Wagoneer!
You had to spend a lot of cash to make a FJ 40 almost as good as a CJ, usually swapping the ( Dumbarse Birfield) axles to Chevy truck, and you might as well toss the transfer case while your at it!
Aw the heeps axles. Keep 5 spares around.
Hahaha.
Don't forget the cardboard under the rig. Ain't easy getting oil stains off the concrete.

Were gonna have to agree to disagree, nothing but cheap plasticy junk, and no amount of argument will convince me otherwise! FJ-40, maybe, as long as the entire drive train gets replaced with American made Quality, not a Japanese Generic Licence Copy of Chevy's 235 buzzin half duzzen!

It's the whole Ford vs Chevy, and they both suck compared to Dodge argument! :s0140:

Were gonna have to agree to disagree, nothing but cheap plasticy junk, and no amount of argument will convince me otherwise! FJ-40, maybe, as long as the entire drive train gets replaced with American made Quality, not a Japanese Generic Licence Copy of Chevy's 235 buzzin half duzzen!

It's the whole Ford vs Chevy, and they both suck compared to Dodge argument! :s0140:
Fords suck that's for sure

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top