JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see a lot of older 30-06 rifles with scope and sling that someone's grandpa hunted with for a few decades in great shape.

I'm guessing that's not what's going on but for $250-350 I see those rifles all the time.

Yup....I picked mine up from the NWF classified section. Only the last owner said that he got it in a trade. I purchased that scope at a gunshow (iirc, about $35). The rifle is built on a Nazi Mauser 98 action and has been re-barreled to .30-06.

Mauser_98.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Burris makes some good stuff. Today, my boss took me and a couple other guys on the crew to a private range to ring some steel. Yeah, we took an hour and a half lunch break :D . He's an awesome boss. Anyway, I was using my AR10 308 with an AR7.62 4.5-14×42 with a custom dial. Put the dial on 400 and proceeded to ring some steel. 5 shots into a nice 2.5" cluster. For those of us that use Burris, we know the quality far outweighs the price tag. I've shot some of my best groups with a scope just like the one the op just bought. I look forward to hearing how his rifle shoots..

Burris makes some good stuff. Today, my boss took me and a couple other guys on the crew to a private range to ring some steel. Yeah, we took an hour and a half lunch break :D . He's an awesome boss. Anyway, I was using my AR10 308 with an AR7.62 4.5-14×42 with a custom dial. Put the dial on 400 and proceeded to ring some steel. 5 shots into a nice 2.5" cluster. For those of us that use Burris, we know the quality far outweighs the price tag. I've shot some of my best groups with a scope just like the one the op just bought. I look forward to hearing how his rifle shoots..

Tomorrow is the day.

While I appreciate an 8 pound all up rifle, there's not a damn thing wrong with a 9 pound hunting rifle. My favorite "hunting" rifle weighs 10+ pounds. Scared to weigh it because I know it's heavy, but it's steady and great for shooting offhand. You say this may be used as a loaner for a woman or teenager? Well let me tell you, it's a LOT lighter than the m1917 30-06 I carried when I was 12. Trust me ;) . Makes me wonder why they don't make kids like they used to... :eek:

While I appreciate an 8 pound all up rifle, there's not a damn thing wrong with a 9 pound hunting rifle. My favorite "hunting" rifle weighs 10+ pounds. Scared to weigh it because I know it's heavy, but it's steady and great for shooting offhand. You say this may be used as a loaner for a woman or teenager? Well let me tell you, it's a LOT lighter than the m1917 30-06 I carried when I was 12. Trust me ;) . Makes me wonder why they don't make kids like they used to... :eek:

Ive got a 700 in 7mm RM with a factory 26 inch barrel in an Alaskan Ti II stock that weighs a pound less. Even with the longer barrel! The Vanguard action is a tank.

Hey No Regerts, check this one out. I just bought it the other day for $295.00:

oRHvJly.jpg

Lets hope like heck the weight is not right. Generally these old rifles are heavy, but 11 pounds may be pushing it. Here's the speck sheet from GB on this one:

Manufacturer
Enfield
Model
Other Enfield
Caliber
.30-06
Barrel Length
24 inch
UPC

SKU

Mfg Part Number

Weight
11.00 Pounds :eek:

Hey No Regerts, check this one out. I just bought it the other day for $295.00:

View attachment 497062

Lets hope like heck the weight is not right. Generally these old rifles are heavy, but 11 pounds may be pushing it. Here's the speck sheet from GB on this one:

Manufacturer
Enfield
Model
Other Enfield
Caliber
.30-06
Barrel Length
24 inch
UPC

SKU

Mfg Part Number

Weight