JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah. I'm not as deep into my setup as @Tlock 's, and hate ever calculating out how much I actually have into 'any' firearm, but probably... 3.5k-ish. Kind of steep for many folks to really "dabble" into the PCP world... if you plan on using one for practical applications.

Not unlike you... I got into them with a purpose in mind. ;) I spend the majority of my time in the outdoors and routinely hunt small game for the stew pot. Some places it's legal to discharge a firearm but that still doesn't stop the perpetually offended from getting their panties in a wad sometimes. As if they weren't already quiet enough... mine is equipped with an additional sound moderator that all you can hear is the valve "click". Making it both quiet enough as to not disturb the ninny's, with the side benefit of also not spooking any additional meat in the area with each shot.

The accuracy is almost scary though and can't lie... it really is quite a hoot to shoot.👍
That was a LARGE part of me getting the one I did. They are "sound modified" the way they are made so the sound it makes does not really sound like gunfire at any distance. While I could legally shoot here on the property it would no doubt have some neighbors calling 911. They make some fairly nice suppressors for air guns that work quite well and so far don't have to jump through any hoops to build or buy one which is nice. Found one place making an adapter for the model I bought to add an external thread to put a can on. All can be done without the PITA NFA hoops, at least for now. :D

That was a LARGE part of me getting the one I did. They are "sound modified" the way they are made so the sound it makes does not really sound like gunfire at any distance. While I could legally shoot here on the property it would no doubt have some neighbors calling 911. They make some fairly nice suppressors for air guns that work quite well and so far don't have to jump through any hoops to build or buy one which is nice. Found one place making an adapter for the model I bought to add an external thread to put a can on. All can be done without the PITA NFA hoops, at least for now. :D
What are you running?

Mine came with a baffled 18" walter lothar barrel, but I added an additional 9" talon tunes sound moderator. Really nice bit of kit and made to simply attach as an end cap extension.

All told... a LONG bugger, but about as quiet as a mouse fart. 😁

I've considered a bigger bore, but yeah... unless hunting regs change... what's the point?? That said too though... I don't know how comfortable I would be attempting to take a deer with one. I don't really subscribe to the, "what's the absolute minimum I can legally get away with" mentality and prefer a more "best tool for the job" and highest probability for the most humane kill approach.

Where and how you hunt likely plays a part too. Personally, I don't recall taking a deer or antelope inside of 100 yards in years... and shot opportunities seem to be fewer ever year. I'm in it for the meat and can't afford to squander an opportunity with distance limitations.

To each their own.

What are you running?

Mine came with a baffled 18" walter lothar barrel, but I added an additional 9" talon tunes sound moderator. Really nice bit of kit and made to simply attach as an end cap extension.

All told... a LONG bugger, but about as quiet as a mouse fart. 😁

I've considered a bigger bore, but yeah... unless hunting regs change... what's the point?? That said too though... I don't know how comfortable I would be attempting to take a deer with one. I don't really subscribe to the, "what's the absolute minimum I can legally get away with" mentality and prefer a more "best tool for the job" and highest probability for the most humane kill approach.

Where and how you hunt likely plays a part too. Personally, I don't recall taking a deer or antelope inside of 100 yards in years... and shot opportunities seem to be fewer ever year. I'm in it for the meat and can't afford to squander an opportunity with distance limitations.

To each their own.
The way the select fire model is made the barrel has what amounts to an expansion chamber at the end. Its (as far as I know) just part of how they made the thing work. Their version of a gas system to work the action. I don't "think" they intended it to modify the sound but it has that effect. Its enough that at a few hundred yards the sound is not something you associate with gun fire. Which when firing full auto is nice. Last thing I want is someone calling 911 saying not only are they hearing gun fire they are hearing full auto gun fire. :eek:
I only shoot when the place is locked up so no public on the property. Have been tempted to buy the adapter for it to put a threaded end on it so I could build my own suppressor to play with. I am sure if I get around to doing that I could make it so I could shoot even when the public is here as no one would really notice the sound. Several people who work with me and got to try it out were shocked it was something you could just buy from Amazon when they see what it can do. :D

A carbine version of the Umarex hammer has now got my attention! I am waiting for a bit more feedback but it looks to tick most of the boxes. I just happen to have a deer tag in Id for next fall where I could legally use it. Stay tuned!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top