JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
here is my two survival packs knife and .177 cal. pellet gun
are you ready for when the SHTF?

003.jpg 006.jpg 004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

Buddy, good job and looks like you're all set there. I'd say now that you have your packs all set, put them aside now, out of sight and focus on learning good skills that will help you in the future. There's lots of good reading material on woodworking, camping, fishing, hunting, wood lore, cooking (don't laugh, good food is needed in a bug out), etc...

Whether that pack meets the high standards of the bug out elite, it certainly does afford one the opportunity to consider and re-consider what is and what is not important in an emergency situation.

What works for me is to go for walks in the freezing cold and rain and think about what I would need and how I would feel in that scenario. Being dry and warm are usually at the top of the list with food and clean water to follow. Next comes hygiene and insect repellant...my thoughts only.

How one is able to maintain those basics while attempting to avoid contact is worth considering, and working/re-working a bug out bag is a good thing to consider.
Practice makes perfect.

BTW...a good book to read is Lucifer's Hammer.
I believe it gave me a good idea of what is most important in the even of a severe disaster.

As a survival pack looks like ya have a very good start but with out knowing the contents inside we cant tell you how well it will be for SHTF.

We for example have 2 diffrent types of carry bags. 1 is for everyday carry/ survival they are geared to what it would take to get home if something were to happen and 2 is a bug out bag it is much larger and has what it takes for gettin the flock out of dodge which will hopefully never be needed

Have you not seen Raiders of the lost Arc? I maybe proficient with the chucks but I also believe in having a back up plan.

Having a weapon that makes less noise does make good sense but I do like having the revolver handy.

not sure why you need a evil cowboy assault pistol ( Only good at high noon) when you have nunchucks.

Over the years I have narrowed my bag down to the bare bones...i change a few things in it as the seasons change but the basics remain the same and very simple

My buddy and I used to take some time off together, grab our bags and disappear into the hills for 2-3 days, when we got back we would dump out our bags and look at what we had and what we actualy used and what we could have used instead....surprising what one tosses into the 'don't need' pile.....

My old gray haired daddy told me long ago..."If all I have is my rifle and a good chopping ax I'm good to go"

To this day I always have room for an ax in my bag

Looks exactly like my old Crosman .177 Pump action pellet gun...Great for Small Up Close Game...If you can make a head shot then your good out to about 50 yds or so....I shot at a crow once that was a good 80 yds away and actually hit it dead center chest....I saw the pellet impact...

Result? The crow cussed me out as it flew off! I doubt that pellet got beyond the feathers

You know, a lot of people talk crap on having an airgun, of all the airguns out there, the one on that pack is probably one of the best to have. I've owned one of those for nearly 15 years, and still shoot it almost daily (I have a practice range in the garage where I shoot air rifle and pistol). If you need to put food in your stomach, you can kill a fair amount of stuff with one of those air pistols. I spent plenty of time killing and eating bunnies out on my aunt's ranch as a teenager courtesy of that air pistol. The only downside with most airguns... they're kinda heavy for the utility they provide. However, you can carry 2000 pellets for the same weight of 250 rounds of .22LR. That's a lot more opportunities for dinner.

From what I can see, that's a pretty good pack... rather small, probably light (<50lbs) and most importantly, I don't see a lot of wasted space, and most of it should be easy to get to.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top