JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a loophole, it's a built in safeguard against bureaucratic feet dragging. I only support FFLs that see it the same way. There's plenty out there.

I'm also not going to talk bubblegum about the rest. I'm just going to vote with my dollar.

The point of my analogy is you can trace secondary or tertiary moral "culpability" for just about any tragedy. If someone makes a choice to misuse an object that I legally sold, manufactured, designed, advertised, etc. then I have done no wrong; why would I have a guilty conscience? The person who should feel any sort of repercussions is the person who actually committed the crime.

If FFLs are gatekeeping firearms on the grounds of trying to avoid a guilty conscience, then yes, it is not unreasonable for a pro-2nd amendment individual to gripe and groan that they can't receive their firearm when they are stuck in BGC purgatory; especially when the 3-day rule exists.
The two analogies are not the same because one item is a weapon and the other is not. But I get your point about gatekeeping culpability but am not suggesting FFLs are doing that by not following the 3 day rule.
Its an individual choice the FFL makes, that historically and by a majority most have not done. That's the well known established precedence that invalidates anyone complaining about them as 114 unfolds.
To complain now because one waited to the last minute to enter a queue knowing full well it was in a huge legal limbo, without asking their FFL before hand if they were exercising the rule... is on the buyer.

Shooter's Choice did not bear any of the responsibility, is still in business, and never had to pay any damages via civil or criminal court cases.
I didn't know that. Good info. You're right, my fear of the legal system colors my thinking. It's a game I don't play, so picture the people who do knowing how to rig it.

The two analogies are not the same because one item is a weapon and the other is not. But I get your point about gatekeeping culpability but am not suggesting FFLs are doing that by not following the 3 day rule.
Its an individual choice the FFL makes, that historically and by a majority most have not done. That's the well known established precedence that invalidates anyone complaining about them as 114 unfolds.
To complain now because one waited to the last minute to enter a queue knowing full well it was in a huge legal limbo, without asking their FFL before hand if they were exercising the rule... is on the buyer.
Personally I've complained about FFLs not following the 3-day rule for a long time, not necessarily on this forum, but in my personal life.

For some, yes, they are just getting caught up in the moment, but there are a lot of assumptions that people are only just now forming this opinion because "they waited too long." It just happens to be a catalyst for people to express an opinion they've probably had for a long time.

noneofmybusiness.jpg

I posted in another thread where the ATF and other "Agencies" threaten the FFL's for releasing firearms on the 3 day rule, and I got my Pee-pee slapped around and told I was an idiot for pointing it out or for doing business with FFL's who don't honor the 3 day rule! Guess, what jackarse, You own a business that can get raided by any number of pissed off agencies because you followed a law they don't like, and then you bitzh about it here, Yea, I don't think so!

So am I to understand that many FFLs get raided for following federal laws? I thought most got into trouble for not following laws. Who would have known.

So am I to understand that many FFLs get raided for following federal laws? I thought most got into trouble for not following laws. Who would have known.
They do, they absolutely HATE that law, ever heard of the "Charleston Loophole" that your buddy Biden and his cronies are all butthurt about, yea, they absolutely hate that law! The ATF just released it's new Revised 4473 forms and among the various violations, they specifically forbid turning over firearms after the tree days! So yea, it's kinda a big deal!

They do, they absolutely HATE that law, ever heard of the "Charleston Loophole" that your buddy Biden and his cronies are all butthurt about, yea, they absolutely hate that law! The ATF just released it's new Revised 4473 forms and among the various violations, they specifically forbid turning over firearms after the tree days! So yea, it's kinda a big deal!
So is three days legal or not? If it's legal screw them. J&B doesn't seem to be having any problems.

My 2 cents: this is EXACTLY what the 114 sponsors wanted, chaos and confusion, turning gun owners on one another and/or dealers. They 100% knew this was unconstitutional, un-implementable and unworkable.

It's classic Alinsky Rule For Radicals - monkey things up!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top