JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Yup. But let's complain when a licensed FFL doesnt do what we want.

They're looking for any reason they can to revoke licences. As much as they may threaten or want it to be, lawfully transferring firearms isn't one. Not doing so is self implemented gun control.

I can see both sides of this. However, if having your gun released to you after three days is important to you...and I can understand why it would be...why would you purchase from an FFL that doesn't support that? Why wouldn't you ask about their policy up front?

And I realize folks may have run out of time and options with respect to 114. But man has the writing been on the wall. If you are young and just became of legal age to purchase a firearm in the middle of this 114 mess, you have my sympathies. To everyone else I will reiterate what I have said here many times already...

It is only a matter of time before Oregon and Washington are fully Californicated. I give it 4-7 years. If we're lucky. If there is anything you want/need...ANYTHING...ammo, mags, silencers, so called assault weapons, semi auto pistols, ANYTHING...you should be buying it sooner rather than later...assuming you even still can.

There are several good court cases in the works that may resolve (favorably) once and for all things like magazine bans and the legalities of owning so called assault weapons, etc., But you shouldn't count on these. The petty tyrants in Oregon and Washington are trying to copy everything California has already done...and put their own creative spin on it.

Buy now while you still can. Stack high and deep. Pay attention to what is going on in California and the various current court cases that are in process. Contribute to the 2a groups that are fighting these legal fights when you can and as you are able.

Good luck!

WOLVERINES!

I think it's easier to form an opinion when it isn't your OWN livelihood at risk.

Not pointed at anyone in particular.

To add, I've been told by a few that the 3 day rule only applies once the BGC has been initiated, not just in the queue. I don't know if that's correct or not, but I trust my FFL completely that he's doing it right.
On that note, and I admit I may have missed it, I have yet to see anyone starting a "Widows and Orphans Fund" to support the families of the FFL's that *might* encounter some difficulty going forward due to adopting the 3 Day position

But the question is: Who's a bigger complainer, the original complainant or the one who complains about them? lol
Walked right into that one. :D

I get it. These topics make it easy to get charged up. Good evening gentleman.

images.jpeg-167.jpg

Personally I've complained about FFLs not following the 3-day rule for a long time, not necessarily on this forum, but in my personal life.

For some, yes, they are just getting caught up in the moment, but there are a lot of assumptions that people are only just now forming this opinion because "they waited too long." It just happens to be a catalyst for people to express an opinion they've probably had for a long time.

That assumption is unfortunately true for the vast majority as panic buying episodes like 114 brings out the worse in people. I didn't hear all about this 3-day rule bubbleguming much until 114 passed, regardless of what one subconsciously thought about it before.

That assumption is unfortunately true for the vast majority as panic buying episodes like 114 brings out the worse in people. I didn't hear all about this 3-day rule bubbleguming much until 114 passed, regardless of what one subconsciously thought about it before.
well to be fair before this it wasn't issue. most people would clear in under hour. we weren't looking at a bgc taking months to year to be completed. didn't have 4,000 forms submitted every day and we didn't have osp purposely slowing processing down 0-5 a day.

I have an idea. How's about instead of arguing whether or not FFLs should be applauded or despised criticized for implementing the three day rule, we help the customers who are stuck deep in the queue to get their firearms before they are required to get a permit? FFLs are in the best position to advise customers on how they can get their firearms sooner rather than later. If the FFL's advice amounts to "just shut up and wait" that will not be very helpful. I want all FFLs to survive but my efforts will be focused on helping those FFLs, who are helping their customers get their firearms as quickly as possible. @J&B Firearm Sales Inc. is included in that group.

Last Edited:
I didn't need to buy anything but I made sure to buy a new AR just because my FFL released firearms on the 3 day rule. If the ATF gives them any grief I'll be happy to join them and help weld armor on the komatsu.

The ATF and now OSP is the true enemy after all.
I knew OSP wasn't on our side with the Bundy fiasco and also 2020 riots with antifa and BLM roaming freely on the roads and highways. I watched them look the other way on I5 when they were protesting and hitting people's cars and trucks and impeding traffic with glee.
They are political tools of the left and nothing else.
Watched them close and fine businesses that broke covid rules, watched them regal in their SWAT attire at the capital and now their is an OSP SWAT MRAP and dozens of squad cars surrounding the DOJ building in downtown Salem.
Why?
Worried about gun owners?

Really?

I knew OSP wasn't on our side with the Bundy fiasco and also 2020 riots with antifa and BLM roaming freely on the roads and highways. I watched them look the other way on I5 when they were protesting and hitting people's cars and trucks and impeding traffic with glee.
They are political tools of the left and nothing else.
Watched them close and fine businesses that broke covid rules, watched them regal in their SWAT attire at the capital and now their is an OSP SWAT MRAP and dozens of squad cars surrounding the DOJ building in downtown Salem.
Why?
Worried about gun owners?

Really?
OSP answers directly to governor, she's used them to harass news press in past. if she says jump they jump. much how the Portland police were ordered to stand down during the rioting and did so.

Just my opinion on this past month. Not an argument, not a "final word", just my opinion on it all. I am not an FFL, nor do I work for one anymore.
I find the infighting within the firearms community fascinating. Folks are beating up FFL for not releasing firearms under the "3-day rule".
Customers want the firearm NOW! They bought and paid for that firearm, so they now own it. $300, $500, $900, $1500 firearm should be released to the customer NOW.
They shame the FFLs who will not release said firearm, and praise the ones who will. Consider, the FFL has much more on the line than the "small" amount tied up in your firearm.
Their entire business is at stake. FFL does not release your firearm to you, their reputation is trashed. And they lose business. They release the firearm under the rule, take a very real risk of something going wrong.
Keyboard warriors say there is no risk to the FFL... Tell that to the press, the DAs, the other keyboard commandos, if something does go wrong.
There have been many FFLs ran out of business, even though they did everything right.

An FFL wants to release the firearm in 3 days, great. The FFL does not, great. Maybe folks should have bought your firearms you wanted before now. Maybe you should have fought harder to defeat 114. If we as a group had spent a fraction of the money we have spent in the last month on firearms, to defeat 114. It would never have passed.
Well said, none of the FFLs wanted any of this crap coming from our government. If people don't like it they should pay more attention to what's coming out of the people they put in office and change the way they vote. Everybody in Oregon will live the way the people in Portland and the surrounding area tell them to live if they don't start to fight.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top