JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will add that in addition to supporting my local shop that is doing 3 day release in the last month I have given over $2k to the FPC and the OFF.

I have also given to the NRA, but for a different reason. I know they don't do anything, but they do piss off liberals. Every time I have seen a relative or acquaintance post something on social media in support of 114 I buy an NRA membership in their name. It totally pisses them off when they get the calls of course, and now they are stuck on that calling list where they constantly beg for money. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

And in turn I will remember those that chose to make it more difficult to obtain firearms by choosing not to follow legal precedence. Those dealers like J & B should be praised for thier stance on the 3 day rule.
Disagree with "legal precedence".

Remember that ATF are the ones that do inspections of FFLs and can pull their license. ATF advised some (not all) FFLs not to do the 3 day rule and only release gun after bgc clears. If the regulatory agency that governs your business tells you to not do something, and you know they will inspect you next year, it may be wise to follow their directive. Again it's not the FFL's fault so you can't blame them Imo -and as I said I applaud those FFLs who are doing 3 day release.

Last Edited:
If 114 is enacted the 3 day rule goes away. This will become a mute discussion. I am in no hurry to purchase a firearm currently so waiting is not an issue. To me it seems when a rule is in place thar can help gun owners is not used and it's legal I have to question why.

Agree and not just bashing the FFLs but also bashing the online webstores who are shutting down gun and magazine sales.
As if the FFLs and stores had anything to do with 114 but 114 has everything to do with them going out of business for not following the BS law.

Makes me wonder how many of these panic buyers that are bubbleguming at FFLs voted for any of the politicians that supported 114... would be interesting to learn.
I've been on this forum for a looooong time, and I've noted "who's who" (for the most part). I know of at least one who's posted in this thread, but I'll abstain from "personal attacks" and not directly "out" them.

This is short-sighted. Although it's (currently) legal, this state would legally harass an FFL for it should a bad-actor do something bad after that 3-day limit happened, not to mention civil lawsuits by family members and "tax exempt" entities.
This. The "liability," potential for someone bubbleguming up your life, lasts forever.

If 5 years from now someone gets shot, and the gun used was released w/o completion, you can bet that it would be used to at least harass if not attack the FFL who released it.

My Rights....cries one person....
The 3 day rule says another....
Someone else says Don't comply....

Any of the above may be correct or right or what is needed to be done.

However....
Are any of those folks going to :
Post bail money...
Pay attorney / legal fees....
Pay to keep the dealer's shop open...
Etc...
When a FFL gets into legal trouble for doing what is correct / right or what is needed to be done...?

Please note that I think that 114 is BS
And was designed to at the least make it so getting a firearm is a hardship that many do not want to undertake...
And at the worst...
Undermine the 2nd Amendment as well as being at odds with the Bill of Rights.

Not supporting your local FFL because he ain't doing what you think should be done about 114...
is cutting off your nose to spite your face as the old saying goes.
Andy

Last Edited:
Right?!

He failed to mount remote-controlled twin 50's on top…. I don't want someone who doesn't go "all in" like that representing me!

;) :D (BTW- that was all sarcasm)
For legal purposes it was a joke. Just like my suggestion of having a port to be able to throw out tannerite filled iron man lunchboxes wired up with a Billy the singing bass detonator. Just a joke 😊

To me it seems when a rule is in place thar can help gun owners is not used and it's legal I have to question why.
Just because something is legal doesnt mean its the right thing to do. Theres lots of really good reasons FFLs didnt use the 3 day rule before 114 that hasnt changed with passing 114. Pretty harsh to judge someone without walking a mile in their shoes.....

This. The "liability," potential for someone bubbleguming up your life, lasts forever.

If 5 years from now someone gets shot, and the gun used was released w/o completion, you can bet that it would be used to at least harass if not attack the FFL who released it.
Who cares right? As long as we get our guns NOW!

That's the thought process of a few vocal members around here. Again, true colors.

Just my opinion on this past month. Not an argument, not a "final word", just my opinion on it all. I am not an FFL, nor do I work for one anymore.
I find the infighting within the firearms community fascinating. Folks are beating up FFL for not releasing firearms under the "3-day rule".
Customers want the firearm NOW! They bought and paid for that firearm, so they now own it. $300, $500, $900, $1500 firearm should be released to the customer NOW.
They shame the FFLs who will not release said firearm, and praise the ones who will. Consider, the FFL has much more on the line than the "small" amount tied up in your firearm.
Their entire business is at stake. FFL does not release your firearm to you, their reputation is trashed. And they lose business. They release the firearm under the rule, take a very real risk of something going wrong.
Keyboard warriors say there is no risk to the FFL... Tell that to the press, the DAs, the other keyboard commandos, if something does go wrong.
There have been many FFLs ran out of business, even though they did everything right.

An FFL wants to release the firearm in 3 days, great. The FFL does not, great. Maybe folks should have bought your firearms you wanted before now. Maybe you should have fought harder to defeat 114. If we as a group had spent a fraction of the money we have spent in the last month on firearms, to defeat 114. It would never have passed.
There's nothing fascinating about it. Some people beat up on the FFLs because they feel we need SOMEONE to step up and say "NO MORE!!!" Clearly "We The People" don't matter to those in *power*. Who else would we expect to step up and fight for us? (Note "POWER", because all your hear representatives of the people speak of in election years is "Remaining in power")
Other people understand exactly why FFLs refuse to use the Federal 3-day rule. For obvious reasons. That someone with half the brain function of a biden would understand.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top