JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3B7D9126-E02B-4A04-9642-768B68E8010C.jpeg

I prefer my ESEE 5.

Alright,, they are great knives that don't get talked about so much.
Mine is the US made Carbon V model, quite as useful in the kitchen as in the field.

I have an older non-stainless Master Hunter too. It rusted just sitting inside the house. I removed the rust and put a patina on it with vinegar. No problems with it since. I like the Master Hunter and Fallkniven F1 (a bit smaller, but similar) for smaller more every day and camp tasks, I am sure they would make a better skinner and food prep knife.

I carry a serrated BG folder on a belt almost every day around the property. It is a very similar pattern blade to the Prodigy/etc., but is so light I don't even know it is on my belt. It is inexpensive too (I bought them on sale for less than $20/ea) - I bought several for the kids and several more for barter (still in the blister pack - should SHTF and a neighbor needed a knife that would be what I would give them.

Those too big for my taste.

If I go for a large knife, I go bigger yet with the KaBar Kukri or the CRKT Half a Chance as choppers and brush clearer, etc. and if I am going to get into a knife fight, those would be what I would haul out and start swinging.
Very true but I like it. Way too big to actually carry around but boy, it'd cut a leg off one swipe.. freaking razor.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top