JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Efiled on 01/14/2021
Approved 02/18/21

I finally decided to build an AR platform SBR. I had been thinking about it for quite a while then the whole brace legality thing pushed me over the edge. :D

I spent about 2 months buying parts and finally got it pretty well done.

Specs as follows:

Aero Precision Lower
Midwest Industries upper, 10.5" 1:7 5.56 barrel
Midwest M-Lok Handguard
Fail Zero BCG
Radian ambi charge handle
Strike Industries dust cover
Seekins Ambi Safety
Seekins billet trigger guard
KNS Dogbones
Elftmann 3.5 pound drop in trigger - curved face
CMMG LPK (pretty much just springs and detents)
Ambi mag release
Magpul MBUS sights
Aimpoint Carbine Optic
Magpul forward grip
Magpul MOE+ grip
Strike Industries enhanced buffer tube
BCM buffer and spring
Streamlight Protac HL with pressure switch
Elftmann ultralight stock
Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter

I ended up replacing the knob for the stock adjustment with a black machine screw. I'm left handed so the knob really pinched the face when shouldering. It made it no longer tool-less adjustable but I RARELY adjust my stocks anyway so a small phillips screwdriver in the pistol grip will make things easier. So will the folder. :)

What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. :)

Special thanks to @wired for the Form 1 tutorial and the inspiration. :)

IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg

Last Edited:
I think it's awesome you took the time to do this! Surprised you only had a month wait for approval, which encourages me to do the same.
I think it looks tight, I WANT ONE!

Thanks guys. I kinda had a vision on my head of what I wanted and it turned out pretty well. :cool:

My wait was a less than a month for my first as well. Here's my first build. Your set up looks super good! Just be aware you're now on a "list" lol.

8557021C-3E1D-4EBA-9A43-3D8A1DD9425A.jpeg

I think I may try and have a few of the logos and printing covered up with some cerakote. Maybe. For now I just wanna shoot the damn thing. :D

I sent in my first form 1 on almost the exact same day as you, but haven't heard back yet :(

congrats, looks like a nice build!

did you file as an individual or trust?

Individual. Nothing fancy, just a basic Form 1. Hopefully yours comes in ASAP!

@Kruel J How is that Elftmann stock on the cheek? Great looking build.

It actually feels ok for what it is. Being left handed I replaced the adjustment knob with a machine screw otherwise it was a cheek-grater. :D

But at I think 5.4 ounces? It's worth the weight savings!

Nice! I like it.

You need to look into the Cloud Defensive tape switch mount for the Streamlight pressure pad. I just put the same set up on my SBR and was surprised how bad the mounting system is from Streamlight. The Cloud is a little expensive but it is also a night and day difference.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top