JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Efiled on 01/14/2021
Approved 02/18/21

I finally decided to build an AR platform SBR. I had been thinking about it for quite a while then the whole brace legality thing pushed me over the edge. :D

I spent about 2 months buying parts and finally got it pretty well done.

Specs as follows:

Aero Precision Lower
Midwest Industries upper, 10.5" 1:7 5.56 barrel
Midwest M-Lok Handguard
Fail Zero BCG
Radian ambi charge handle
Strike Industries dust cover
Seekins Ambi Safety
Seekins billet trigger guard
KNS Dogbones
Elftmann 3.5 pound drop in trigger - curved face
CMMG LPK (pretty much just springs and detents)
Ambi mag release
Magpul MBUS sights
Aimpoint Carbine Optic
Magpul forward grip
Magpul MOE+ grip
Strike Industries enhanced buffer tube
BCM buffer and spring
Streamlight Protac HL with pressure switch
Elftmann ultralight stock
Sylvan Arms folding stock adapter

I ended up replacing the knob for the stock adjustment with a black machine screw. I'm left handed so the knob really pinched the face when shouldering. It made it no longer tool-less adjustable but I RARELY adjust my stocks anyway so a small phillips screwdriver in the pistol grip will make things easier. So will the folder. :)

What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. :)

Special thanks to @wired for the Form 1 tutorial and the inspiration. :)

IMG_0221.jpg
IMG_0222.jpg

Last Edited:
I think it's awesome you took the time to do this! Surprised you only had a month wait for approval, which encourages me to do the same.
I think it looks tight, I WANT ONE!

Thanks guys. I kinda had a vision on my head of what I wanted and it turned out pretty well. :cool:

My wait was a less than a month for my first as well. Here's my first build. Your set up looks super good! Just be aware you're now on a "list" lol.

8557021C-3E1D-4EBA-9A43-3D8A1DD9425A.jpeg

I think I may try and have a few of the logos and printing covered up with some cerakote. Maybe. For now I just wanna shoot the damn thing. :D

I sent in my first form 1 on almost the exact same day as you, but haven't heard back yet :(

congrats, looks like a nice build!

did you file as an individual or trust?

Individual. Nothing fancy, just a basic Form 1. Hopefully yours comes in ASAP!

@Kruel J How is that Elftmann stock on the cheek? Great looking build.

It actually feels ok for what it is. Being left handed I replaced the adjustment knob with a machine screw otherwise it was a cheek-grater. :D

But at I think 5.4 ounces? It's worth the weight savings!

Nice! I like it.

You need to look into the Cloud Defensive tape switch mount for the Streamlight pressure pad. I just put the same set up on my SBR and was surprised how bad the mounting system is from Streamlight. The Cloud is a little expensive but it is also a night and day difference.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top