JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got to the range to fire my first AR that I put together. Tuned the adjustable gas block, but forgot binoculars to help sight it in. Oh well, didn't have a whole lot of time anyway.

• Aero M4E1 Complete Upper, 16" mid-length, M-Lok Handguard
  • Aero Gen 2 Lower
  • Customized LPK from Red Barn Armory:
    • Magpul K2 Grip
    • BAD-bubblegum Ambi Safety
    • ALG ACT Trigger
    • Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
    • Battle Arms Enhance Takedown pin set
  • PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube Mod 2
  • B5 SOPMOD stock
  • JP Silent Captured Buffer Spring
  • Silencerco ASR Flash Hider to supplement my Silencerco Omega that's still serving its sentence
  • Superlative Arms piston kit
  • Sharps Reli-bolt
  • Aero Front and rear folding iron sights
Had an issue with the buffer tube being out of spec and not allowing the bcg to cycle, but PWS replaced it. Shot so smooth, like greased butter. :D:s0003:

The antis made me do it. 271173-e8295babd225c4b531418b065485feb6.jpg

IMG_20161111_135509.jpg

I was told, by JP, that their spring would NOT function reliably with the PWS tube. It had to do with the anti-tilt "lip", IIRC.

Do you have another AR? How did this one feel in comparison? What was the hardest part? I was putting my first lower together election day but got stuck needing a smaller allen wrench and better lighting. Will finish this weekend. Less motivated since you know who won.

I was told, by JP, that their spring would NOT function reliably with the PWS tube. It had to do with the anti-tilt "lip", IIRC.

Works fine for me (after I had the tube replaced). When it wasn't working, it didn't matter if I had the spring in or out, I couldn't rack the bolt, it was hitting the lip of the tube. I primarily got the tube for the racheting castle nut though, so if it does give me problems I'll put another tube on and keep the PWS nut and plate.

Do you have another AR? How did this one feel in comparison? What was the hardest part? I was putting my first lower together election day but got stuck needing a smaller allen wrench and better lighting. Will finish this weekend. Less motivated since you know who won.

This is my only AR, but I have shot another one. This one feels smoother and has no sproing sound from the buffer. Hardest part for me was probably the bolt catch, trying to do it without marring the lower was a little challenging. It was pretty easy overall, read a few guides, watched a few videos, that's all it took for me.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads