JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rock on Dad! This is our future!
I would love to see some of these matches some time, maybe get a TEAM NWFA together ro help out and make for a cheer squad! Keep us updated!
Tell your daughter were all impressed and rooting for her! :D

090D8D39-F8D4-47C4-AE9D-6241F6C62BBF.jpeg
Guess what she was able to do on her third shot today!!

My daughter just turned 18 and has been shooting cowboy action since she was 13. It is amazing with the proper training how fast a young teenager can operate two Ruger 357 Vaqueros (10 rounds), a Marlin lever action 357 (10 rounds) and a double barrel 18 inch 12 gauge (4 rounds) all while under the clock.

My 15 year old daughter rockin' the AK and Marlin 45-70. Brings a tear to my eye. I don't dare take a nap on the couch if there's a hammer laying around...
Wolverines!

IMG_20181130_234021.png IMG_20181130_234133.png

Naturally, almost all on the team are girls, because they are naturally superior shooters to their male counterparts.
This has been my experience with the female species as well. Not sure why they are inclined to shoot so well, but my theory is they may not have all the preconcieved notions to overcome as do males.

I've been taking my daughter to some Olympic style junior practices at out local range. Two practices in she has the coaches stunned. The head coach (his daughter is the current national 3p champ) has really taken a liking to her. She did extremely well with smallbore last Saturday and tonight she thoroughly impressed with her air rifle skills. They use very high end equipment that is available to us at no charge. My daughter has been bugging me to get her into it so last week I took her to a practice to watch and now she's hooked! Naturally, almost all on the team are girls, because they are naturally superior shooters to their male counterparts. I'm not sure who's more excited!
That is so awesome! You are right about women being better shooters. Naturally they have better manual dexterity and sometimes better nerves. Id be a very proud dad too.

Rock on Dad! This is our future!
I would love to see some of these matches some time, maybe get a TEAM NWFA together ro help out and make for a cheer squad! Keep us updated!
Tell your daughter were all impressed and rooting for her! :D
FANTASTIC !! Mom,Dad,siblings, Grandpas & Grandmas ......it takes a real commitment by all. Don't know the family at all, but understand the commitment by all............WOW

This has been my experience with the female species as well. Not sure why they are inclined to shoot so well, but my theory is they may not have all the preconcieved notions to overcome as do males.
Translation: ego tends less to get in their way.

As an update this year she is ready to try to qualify for the junior Olympics next month! She's within a couple points of an automatic qualification! I think if we change the brand of ammo she's pick up several points. Her skills are now outperforming the capabilities of the Federal Automatch. We tried some Eley match grade today and her scores jumped! I'm getting excited about a daddy and daughter trip to Colorado Springs next April!

I think if we change the brand of ammo she's pick up several points. Her skills are now outperforming the capabilities of the Federal Automatch. We tried some Eley match grade today and her scores jumped!
You didn't mention what gun she is shooting but I have found that CCI Green Tag is really accurate in my Smith and Wesson Model 41. You might want to give it a try.

You didn't mention what gun she is shooting but I have found that CCI Green Tag is really accurate in my Smith and Wesson Model 41. You might want to give it a try.
She's shooting an Anschutz with a model 54 action. This this has the best machineing and fit of almost anything I've seen!

I've put a few rounds of the CCI Green Tag through one of those and while I didn't shoot every load available it did improve my scores.
I'll swing bye sportsman's to see if they carry it, I need some other ammo for me as well. Thank you for the info, I'll try it out!

As an update this year she is ready to try to qualify for the junior Olympics next month! She's within a couple points of an automatic qualification! I think if we change the brand of ammo she's pick up several points. Her skills are now outperforming the capabilities of the Federal Automatch. We tried some Eley match grade today and her scores jumped! I'm getting excited about a daddy and daughter trip to Colorado Springs next April!

This is so crazy-cool! Tagging this and hoping see some action pictures/the rifle/venue/targets, what ever!.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top