JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My daughter placed bronze in the state championships for air rifle yesterday and silver today in the state champs for smallbore. She's disappointed that she didn't get gold with all her hard work but I'm very proud. A couple years ago she placed 3rd in the nation in the National Jr Olympic Finals for smallbore 3p and a very close 4th in air rifle. 4CA3EEDB-7D19-4B6A-B742-20AA5FE928BF.jpeg

Having been a competition shooter...
I would ask your daughter to consider this :

Forget about winning....forget about medals....
Don't worry 'bout what the other shooter is doing....
Just concentrate on making your next shot better than your last shot.

And again...great job on her shooting...!
Andy

Andy
Good advice!

I agree with all the compliments posted. Great job, young lady, and good job, Dad!

Andy
You should read the notes she takes after each practice! She is so serious that she is thinking college scholarship at this point. Only 15 years old and smarter than me.

You should read the notes she takes after each practice! She is so serious that she is thinking college scholarship at this point. Only 15 years old and smarter than me.
Hmmm...
Well that is one way to shoot well.

Something else to consider...
Targets...don't read ballistic charts and tables....but they do react to good placed hits.
Good placed hits come from sight alignment and good trigger squeeze...
Both of which come from actual shooting practice.

Seriously though...
We each have are own methods....and if what you are doing works well for you and is safe...
Then continue as you are doing.
Sounds like she is doing well.
Andy

Congratulations! I can't wait until my little ones are old enough to start shooting. Hopefully they show the same interest and skill as yours 🍻
This all started back when I got her a 10/22 and headed to the local range for the jr rifle club practice. Little did I know that they use equipment that cost more than what I drove at the time and competition is so tight. @Andy54Hawken , I hear what you keep saying about safety and BELIEVE me, she knows her way around a firearm at the age of 15 far, far better than most of us do around here. Safety is an understatement, how many of us can absolutely tell which way our muzzle is pointing in their case as the carry it towards the range?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top