JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know if my ODFW Hunter Safety card is good for the competency portion of the application or do I have to pay to take yet another class? This is in Multnomah County, FWIW.
Thanks.

Yes.

From ORS 166.291 (edited to replace ":" with ".")

(f) Demonstrates competence with a handgun by any one of the following:

(A) Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the State Department of Fish and Wildlife or a similar agency of another state if handgun safety was a component of the course;

By the bye.
I took the Oregon Hunter safety course almost sixty years ago. The card, rather unneeded back then, slowly shuffled it's way out of my life.
Thinking I might need it for an Idaho CCW permit albeit ended up taking a class anyway as I went for the Utah permit instead that requires more effort.
Nonetheless, for those having taken the Oregon coarse but not having the card any more;
Earlier this year I went to Evelyn Street, Clackamas, Forestry Dept. to see what they could do for me. Electronics of that sort not tangible in 1959, they actually dug up the hard copies for recipients of Hunter safety certificates for the year I took it in. Even though I wasn't sure the exact year.
While I was waited no less!
Then, said if all I needed was the document #'s to send for verification of completion, I would not have to pay ten bucks for the duplicate and gave me a photocopy of Info sans official card, which I needed not.
Who da thought!
I'm only slightly impressed they still had the info but blown away at the service.
Though not inline with the regime, some of it's minions are admirable.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews