JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm definitely interested in knowing which businesses have metal detectors or are wanding people.

As far as I know, OMSI doesn't have a metal detector, and doesn't wand/screen visitors. Of course, that could change.
Right, that was also my experience last time we were at OMSI last fall. And the Convention Center didn't check at the recent car show a couple weekends ago. Many of us will be at the Expo Center this week for the PacNW Sportsman's Show and we'll see what's what.

Just food for thought, it is different when we are traveling, even in a Constitutional Carry state
Not a lawyer, but here in Texas it is your responsibility to read the signs and know what they infer. You can carry inside but they can ask you to leave. At that point it becomes trespassing if you refuse to leave.
In Texas, it is beyond trespassing as signs have the force of law. When I travel to Texas, I find it challenging and frustrating as there are signs like this and related to other law posted at many businesses, especially if they serve alcohol (but they do have a sense of humor...notice the code section...
I have said this before in other threads, not that long ago "gun friendly" Texas was far worse than Oregon / Washington as was actually about on par with parts of Cali for concealed carry. They had no ConCarry, no open carry, an involved concealed handgun process with qualification course and private property prohibitions with force of law. The state has obviously gotten better but there are still some significant challenges there, like the below.
1676343246033.png

Sec. 30.06
Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun
[/H1]
(a)
A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
(1)
carries a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
(2)
received notice that entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden.
(b)
For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
(c)
In this section:
(1)
"Entry" has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05 (Criminal Trespass)(b).
(2)
"License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035 (Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder)(f).
(3)
"Written communication" means:
(A)
a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06 (Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun), Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
(B)
a sign posted on the property that:
(i)
includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
(ii)
appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(iii)
is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.
(d)
An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.

Just food for thought, it is different when we are traveling, even in a Constitutional Carry state

In Texas, it is beyond trespassing as signs have the force of law. When I travel to Texas, I find it challenging and frustrating as there are signs like this and related to other law posted at many businesses, especially if they serve alcohol (but they do have a sense of humor...notice the code section...
I have said this before in other threads, not that long ago "gun friendly" Texas was far worse than Oregon / Washington as was actually about on par with parts of Cali for concealed carry. They had no ConCarry, no open carry, an involved concealed handgun process with qualification course and private property prohibitions with force of law. The state has obviously gotten better but there are still some significant challenges there, like the below.
View attachment 1365229

Sec. 30.06
[/H1]
(a)
(1)
carries a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
(2)
received notice that entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden.
(b)
For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication.
(c)
In this section:
(1)
(2)
"License holder" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035 (Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder)(f).
(3)
(A)
a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following: "Pursuant to Section 30.06 (Trespass by License Holder With a Concealed Handgun), Penal Code (trespass by license holder with a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411 (Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas), Government Code (handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun"; or
(B)
(i)
(ii)
appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
(iii)
(d)
An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart.

View attachment 1365229

Sec. 30.06
[/H1]
(a)
(1)
(2)
(b)
(c)
In this section:
(1)
(2)
(3)
(A)
(B)
(i)
(ii)
(iii)
(d)
Do not see as many signs anymore. But they are there. One is responsible to look.

I decided to email the expo center and the sportsman show organizers and was told "Thank you for your inquiry. The promoters for this show do allow concealed carry, but they do respectfully ask that you check in with them at the show office in D-lobby when you get here, just for their own information. Hope this answers your question and have a great time at the show!"

I decided to email the expo center and the sportsman show organizers and was told "Thank you for your inquiry. The promoters for this show do allow concealed carry, but they do respectfully ask that you check in with them at the show office in D-lobby when you get here, just for their own information. Hope this answers your question and have a great time at the show!"
They will zip tie the actions to not operate and if you have ammo in the gun they will confiscate the ammo. Standard practice at gun shows

Last Edited:
They will zip tie the actions to not operate and if you have ammo in the gun they will confiscate the ammo. Standard practice at gun shows
Interesting. Maybe, but that's not the vibe I got there tonight. Clear signage outside that concealed carry is allowed, but ask that you inform them at the main show office. Office lady told me that if anyone complains, you've checked in with the office and you're good to go. Left mine in the car, but came away feeling like they genuinely supported CCW. Please let us know if others have a different experience. Also, no studded tires allowed in the parking lot. Biggest sign I've ever seen. Haha.

This is what the response was from the show rep. "Yes you can. We ask you come by the show office located in the lobby of Hall D and just check in with us. We have undercover police in the show and it's always easier to give them a heads up especially nowadays. Look forward to seeing you.

Terrence O'LoughlinO'Loughlin Trade Shows
503-246-8291
[email protected]
www.otshows.com"

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class