JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a multi year CHL holder I received certified live fire instruction from the Public Safety Training Center at the Sheriffs office in Clackamas County of which I should have certificates. Along with an expired instructors cert from the NRA i would think demonstrates training experience.

Any wild arse guess if this Is this entitled to count toward the instructional M114 permit requirements?

Demanding everyone to spend hundreds of dollars and time just for this permit clearly is an undue burden/barrier to the rights.

Its been discussed, wont know till the framework is in place. Most assume CHL holder will need retraining...

oh btw i have maybe a 100 of hours of live fire training (veteran) with certs too!, lol.

they dont care, you better start typing emails man

As a multi year CHL holder I received certified live fire instruction from the Public Safety Training Center at the Sheriffs office in Clackamas County of which I should have certificates. Along with an expired instructors cert from the NRA i would think demonstrates training experience.

Any wild arse guess if this Is this entitled to count toward the instructional M114 permit requirements?

Demanding everyone to spend hundreds of dollars and time just for this permit clearly is an undue burden/barrier to the rights.
Until a class is created and 'approved' content is available, cannot compare your training to the 'new standard'. Nor is there a 'comparison authority' yet.

It's not just the live fire aspect that is a new requirement.

Its been discussed, wont know till the framework is in place. Most assume CHL holder will need retraining...

oh btw i have maybe a 100 of hours of live fire training (veteran) with certs too!, lol.

they dont care, you better start typing emails man
Same. Even if that's the case and my military experience/range time qualifies I will still refuse to get a permit. Period.

Seeing as the permit requirements are stricter than the current CHL requirements, at least as far as we know, I doubt CHL holders will be exempt from the permit requirement.
It would be nice if they would toss a dog a bone and make it legal to conceal if you are a permit holder... but they have a different use for bones when it comes to gun owners.
Hopefully OFF wins their case. Even LEVO wants a stay on the bill until they can figure out what it even means...

Since the background check law came into effect, CHL carriers lost any "rights" associated with gun purchases. OSP seems to have let us cut in line in front of those without a CHL, but the state law cut us no favors.
Even though it seems reasonable that those of us with CHLs should be able to by-pass M114, the anti gun mindset doesn't allow rational thinking. In fact, it seems as only the law abiding are affected by the new law.

I wonder how much it will cost for a permit to exercise the right to freedom of speech in the coming years. And will we be required to participate in mandatory freedom of speech training before obtaining our freedom of speech permit?

Appears to be the start of our Bill of Rights becoming ala carte.

You are one of the little people now
1668982082922.png

It should count but each Sheriff's dept will likely have discretion to determine what they will accept.

If your county's Sheriff Dept refuses to participate in issuing permits to purchase (they all should refuse) then you are out of luck.

It should count but each Sheriff's dept will likely have discretion to determine what they will accept.

If your county's Sheriff Dept refuses to participate in issuing permits to purchase (they all should refuse) then you are out of luck.
That's just the kind of move to make them a martyr, and we know how the gun control crowd loves martyrs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top