JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going anywhere, the more "they" want to mess with me and my way of life the more determined I am to not compromise, not yield, and not negotiate my rights away. I'm staying to stand for something and fight for it. I'm tired of those not from around here telling me what I can and can't do. Komrade Kate being a prime suspect.

With all of the stupidity going on in this state, how many of you have moved out or are contemplating moving to another state?

Every day I seem to become "less satisfied" with our governor and elected officials. I seriously cannot understand who continues to elect them or why.

Increase taxes, coddle the rioters, deteriorate our 1st amendment and 2nd amendment rights, etc etc.

Where would you move to and why?
Florida is looking great these days, outside of Miami-Dade of course.

I've thought about it, but my kids are here and I do not see them moving away anytime soon.

The rioters/etc. that is going on in the cities? Not surprising to me. I've never liked the cities, and riots are just one of the risks. I finally got out about ten years ago and will never go back if I can help it.
Sad irony is Portland was once one of the most livable and safest big cities in the country. Like Minneapolis, both ruined by a weak mayor (figurative and literal) and a creeping wokeist city council who are so far removed from reality they are literally caricatures.

I'm not going anywhere, the more "they" want to mess with me and my way of life the more determined I am to not compromise, not yield, and not negotiate my rights away. I'm staying to stand for something and fight for it. I'm tired of those not from around here telling me what I can and can't do. Komrade Kate being a prime suspect.
I really admire your position. That said, Kate Brownshirt and her cadre are going to continue to steamroll your rights until there are none left. They are impudent narcissists who could not care less what you think. The divide between rural and urban has never been greater... and there are far more of them now than there are of us. Add to it their lickspittle media lapdogs have no problem gaslighting the dullard class... remember all those peaceful protests?

Good luck to you, sir.

Oregon has had one party rule for 30+ years, of course its going to hell. In my opinion its leading the way to hell for the rest of America so its comming no matter where you move to.

Enjoy life every day like it may be your last day. :)

Low reservoirs means less power so the power bills are going out of site in Arizona before long. Texas has already been hit with massive increases in the cost of power and they blame it on the weather but common sense says immigration filling up the state is going to overwhelm the infistructure.

Its headed our way too as the borders are now open and millions will overwhelm the countries infistructure. :s0093:

Sadly, with 29 trillion in debt and another 14 trillion being added we are doomed so hopefully folks pick a good place to move too. You may be there for some time.
Our country's infrastructure is garbage and getting worse every day. Pumping money into a country's heart (infrastructure) is paramount.

Our country's infrastructure is garbage and getting worse every day. Pumping money into a country's heart (infrastructure) is paramount.
Politicians have been robbing the treasury for some time and we are trillions in debt with another 14 trillion to be added in the next 8 years. Some is set for infrastructure but after all the graft we won't see much change. Country will be third world before long if we don't get a change in Politicians. Imho

Sad irony is Portland was once one of the most livable and safest big cities in the country. Like Minneapolis, both ruined by a weak mayor (figurative and literal) and a creeping wokeist city council who are so far removed from reality they are literally caricatures.
I lived in Portland 23 years ago. It was very different. There were a lot of creative interesting people running around making music. Downtown was still fun. To be sure Portland politics were always the same, but they were not in the foreground like today. Occupy Wall Street, ICE, BLM, the Guy Fawkes masks - all that stuff came later. I mostly blame Steve Jobs and Silicon Valley for weaponizing feelings.

I meet people in Salem who have moved here from Portland because they were uncomfortable there. These people are Democrats. Apparently if you are not "the right type of Democrat" (their words not mine) you are not welcome in many Portland neighborhoods.

I lived in Portland 23 years ago. It was very different. There were a lot of creative interesting people running around making music. Downtown was still fun. To be sure Portland politics were always the same, but they were not in the foreground like today. Occupy Wall Street, ICE, BLM, the Guy Fawkes masks - all that stuff came later. I mostly blame Steve Jobs and Silicon Valley for weaponizing feelings.

I meet people in Salem who have moved here from Portland because they were uncomfortable there. These people are Democrats. Apparently if you are not "the right type of Democrat" (their words not mine) you are not welcome in many Portland neighborhoods.
As a "dem libtard" that lived in Portland briefly I can understand that. Apparently I'm not libby or woke enough, and I love firearms and freedom (but also drag shows, being weird is fun). Not all of us are extremists but the ones who are are unbearable (goes for the right too!).

Portland went bad when Antifa made Portland its base of operation. Any time you have a violent group go unchecked then the area goes to hell. Antifa was invited in and supported and protected by the leftist government in Oregon.

What folks in Oregon really can't understand is Oregon is the training ground for every leftist policy the left wants to try. It started with the spotted owl.

Now due to the vote being corrupt we can't vote this crap away. This is how communist get a foot hold in America, you are on the front lines in Oregon. Imho :s0093:

h

The Dream Of The '90s!

-- Fred and Carrie

"90's" Might be from the late 80's..can't remember when it was taken on 35mm Kodak film.

A typical Portland icon on the corner for your enjoyment.... Mary's

UIII.jpeg

Someone mentioned drag, and the 90's on the same page in the thread.

Last Edited:
Oregon will see the last of my hairy åss as a full time resident in a little over 4 years.

I'll be back in the summer, maybe fall for fishin' and huntin' but that's it.

Look me up in Panama.

P

Fix the infrastructure and take the PORK out of the bill/bills.

DO one bill - one vote at a time if that is what it takes to do it properly without all of the OTHER HIDDEN and/or stupid stuff put into it.

Cate

Fix the infrastructure and take the PORK out of the bill/bills.

DO one bill - one vote at a time if that is what it takes to do it properly without all of the OTHER HIDDEN and/or stupid stuff put into it.

Cate
Just my opinion but I dont believe the politicians have done a real budget for decades. They just repeat the old one and add on and add on and add on. Budgets take too much time and doing work takes time away from filling their pockets out of the treasury. Excuse me if I sound cynical, its just I am old and have watched as the world changed. :s0093: :)

They spent $200 million ten years ago studying up on a new I-5 bridge. Nothing to show for it but more government agencies.
Thanks, democrats!

Just my opinion but I dont believe the politicians have done a real budget for decades. They just repeat the old one and add on and add on and add on. Budgets take too much time and doing work takes time away from filling their pockets out of the treasury. Excuse me if I sound cynical, its just I am old and have watched as the world changed. :s0093: :)
It isn't that they don't want to do the work, but rather that any politician has vested interests (literally vested dollarwise) in maintaining and expanding the $ spent in a given area and none are interested in reducing the $ spent because it reduces their power and lobby $ coming into them. More importantly, voters want those $ coming into their areas too, and they want the tax breaks.

They are readdressing that same thing again, can't wait to see how much they waste this time around.
That is CRAZY that they are doing this all over again.

They must be related to the goofy Ds over here (MT) who need a study over and over again while they NEVER FIX one problem or continue to OFFER EXCUSES. With that said, the Rs do it too. But the Ds rule this county now. And the D mayor and his CULT idiots who are NOT from here - most of them continue to SCREW UP THIS COLLEGE TOWN.

My MT born/raised husband said that IT never USED TO BE THAT WAY IN THIS TOWN or in THIS COUNTY when it came to the insanity and tons more ALL OVER this state worse off across this country.

TAX AND SPEND... ugh.

Cate

It isn't that they don't want to do the work, but rather that any politician has vested interests (literally vested dollarwise) in maintaining and expanding the $ spent in a given area and none are interested in reducing the $ spent because it reduces their power and lobby $ coming into them. More importantly, voters want those $ coming into their areas too, and they want the tax breaks.
No doubt Oregon built up its voting base by creating government jobs. We have 4.6 million people and 13 prisons and 45 colleges and universities. Add in the ever increasing number of government employees and those who get government checks so its obvious even if we had a real vote nothing will change.

Young folks are smart to move out, the only future for them is a government job in my opinion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top