JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After the City Counsel of Oakland defunded the Police and a Soros backed District Attorney was elected, it has turned into another Detroit
Starbucks, Denneys, Safeway, Walgreens, MacDonald's and IN N OUT burger have all pulled out of Oakland
business owners can no longer get insurance to operate
The Governor has had to send 150 State Troupers into Oakland to restore order and also sent Prosecutors from California DOJ into Oakland since not even the Mayor of Oakland has faith in their present DA
and I didn't think it could get worse than Portland

I used to fly into Oakland Airport all the time for business - now they have to have armed guards in the rental car lots to keep travelers from getting attacked and robbed
they have an armed guard at the gas station on the way to the airport - travelers are being attacked while refueling their rental cars on Hegenberger Rd
Trip Advisor recommends against staying at the Holiday Inn at the airport due to armed robberies and car jackings

None of the conditions there are really new. It's been that way for many years, and has been a model for other West Coast cities to emulate.

So now, businesses move, and the local politicians want to make sure there is no egg on their faces, so they proclaim they're gonna fix it all!

Sounds a lot like Portand and Seattle.

None of the conditions there are really new. It's been that way for many years, and has been a model for other West Coast cities to emulate.

So now, businesses move, and the local politicians want to make sure there is no egg on their faces, so they proclaim they're gonna fix it all!

Sounds a lot like Portand and Seattle.
the Mayor of Oakland has publically said she doesn't have the resources to control the crime and has asked for the Governor for help
and a East Coast think tank has released a case study of Portland as a model of what civic leaders should not do
I have a son down by Oakland and a daughter in Portland - otherwise, I wouldn't care
there is a reason I moved out here 25 years ago

Headlines "sound" good. Next election will tell the real facts. This is an age old way things are done. Law makers create a huge mess. Then they run to camera's to say they are really angry and need to "fix it". Rubes who put them in office vote them back in again. Then act shocked nothing got better. :s0092:
They just have not yet felt enough pain to get past the mental disorder that keeps them voting this upon themselves.

A little over a decade ago I was down in Oakland on business. Whilst there, there was a small scale riot, and it was still not the weirdest thing I observed in Bump City.

Hey Oakland (and for that matter "Hey California, Oregon and Washington etc.... etc....).

1707800092530.png

Aloha, Mark

The only time I've ever thought I might get my arse kicked by a loony random I was on the BART trying to leave Oakland. Giant dude with brain on fire, trying to F with everyone in the train car. I avoided eye contact. It didn't help that some loony chick was recounting her regression memories of sexual abuse as a child at 109 decibels. Like weird moaning and whatnot. And then there was the woman with the sign asking for money for her kid. Crazy giant was yelling "you should have had an abortion." My Scandinavian colleague was not impressed. In fact she was terrified, and got behind me.

the funny thing is that we were traveling on corporate money and could have hired a car. But I did not want to sit on the bay bridge in traffic. So we took the train.

Last Edited:
A little over a decade ago I was down in Oakland on business. Whilst there, there was a small scale riot, and it was still not the weirdest thing I observed in Bump City.
in 1975 I was stationed at the Presidio of San Fransisco
went out into the City on New Years Eve
now THAT was the weirdest experience I've had in my life

I lived in Alameda (right next to Oakland) from middle school through high school in the '80s. Parts of Oakland were never nice, but the city overall wasn't too bad. Long history and some beautiful neighborhoods. Things went downhill quickly in the 90s and the last time I drove through parts of east Oakland it was like revisiting some of the 3rd world cities I've seen. I don't see how cities like Oakland and Portland can recover at this point.

I built houses in Oakland back in the 80's. Crazy sh!t in that city. We always drove out of the city to eat lunch or shop for anything. The only thing good that I experienced in Oakland was the chick that worked at Ron Richard's western store. She knew how to ride a cowboy!!!!

The only people I feel sorry for are the minority of conservatives up there whose only crime is being grossly outnumbered by idiot leftists. The rest of the knuckleheads there have gotten EXACTLY what they voted for. And most are still too stupid to comprehend this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top