JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all of the stupidity going on in this state, how many of you have moved out or are contemplating moving to another state?

Every day I seem to become "less satisfied" with our governor and elected officials. I seriously cannot understand who continues to elect them or why.

Increase taxes, coddle the rioters, deteriorate our 1st amendment and 2nd amendment rights, etc etc.

Where would you move to and why?

I've thought about it, but my kids are here and I do not see them moving away anytime soon.

The rioters/etc. that is going on in the cities? Not surprising to me. I've never liked the cities, and riots are just one of the risks. I finally got out about ten years ago and will never go back if I can help it.

Not only thought about it, but were all geared up for a relocation. Then 2020 happened and relocation got shoved to the back burner as we dealt with a veritable conveyer belt of bad stuff going down, in pretty much every category of life.

Now? The wife is still dead set on a relocation to Arizona soon. Though she agrees most of 2021 will have to be sort of a rebuilding and slower pace time after the aforementioned nightmare. Me? I'm not so sure now. I suppose it makes sense and I like the weather there much better. The water issue is a concern on my mind. And, if I'm honest with myself, I just don't know that I really care any more. So many things have been reclassified in the "don't care" category these days. :s0092:

I think about moving all the time but my wife doesn't want to. With big government and mail in voting I don't think there will ever be an honest election.

The housing market is nuts right now, for sure. Since most of my investments are liquid, I, generally, ignore it unless I'm buying property for my family or helping another family member do so for his/hers. The latter occurred this year and I couldn't believe what places, some of which total dumps, were going for. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can't imagine the feeding frenzy can last forever. We'll see.

The housing market is nuts right now, for sure. Since most of my investments are liquid, I, generally, ignore it unless I'm buying property for my family or helping another family member do so for his/hers. The latter occurred this year and I couldn't believe what places, some of which total dumps, were going for. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can't imagine the feeding frenzy can last forever. We'll see.
My thoughts were move to a lower housing cost area with more rights and less taxes.

I read a lot and while I can't say what is or isn't true I still believe what I am saying. If you decide to move make sure you have a place to stay as things are changing fast. Big money is buying up every house that comes up for sale at sometimes 50% more than the asking.

One fellow said he was trying to buy in Arizona and bid 15k more than the asking price and still lost the bid. Big companies are taking over housing because its a investment which will drive the middle class buyer out of the market.

Add to that the shortages that are popping up, crime made to go crazy and a drought in the USA, inflation about to pounce.

No I thought about moving to but my roots here make me stay. In my opinion its a huge risk to be moving now, folks should have moved pre covid.

If a person can work from home, or doesn't need a job, it doesn't take moving far to move outside of the area where prices have gone sky high. As for rights and taxes - YMMV.
True that. We have no use for the cities and in the next (probably final in my lifetime), move we are planning to being even further away from "civilization". I can work remotely in my occupation. My wife's, however, not as easily. There are options in her field, and she isn't all that far from retirement, but it still presents some logistical hurdles.

With the Hedge funds buying up all the housing in America folks will pay huge prices competing against them to buy a house. Add to that Lumber is $1500 per board sq foot and in short supply. Biden is spending 14 trillion more dollars so the economy is really shake.

If a person goes in eyes open to the risk he will still be hooked with debt for a lifetime. After the crash things should be cheaper.

Situation for each person is different so what applies to me might be different for you so take this into consideration.

I moved from CA to WA early last year, the primary reason is the high taxation, and not only that, I also felt that despite contributing a lot to the State in the form of high tax bracket I'm in, I am not enjoying the kind of freedom and rights folks in other States take for granted. Mainly 2A rights but also a lot of smaller things such as not being able to BBQ on my wooden deck. It was death by a thousand cuts.

My work is remote even before the pandemic, this is the 5th job I have that I work from home, so basically I can work anywhere so long as it is in the US (for legal reasons). Prior to the pandemic, I do have to travel a fair bit, so when I started looking for a new home, my requirements were:
1. No or very low State income tax.
2. Close to a well connected international airport for me to easily fly to other States and countries.

On a lower priority, I also prefer cooler climate, having grown up in the tropics, I've enough of humidity and hot weather.

Washington State fits the bill perfectly. There is no State income tax which is very important for me, and both the Vancouver and Seattle area have good airports. Vancouver is served by PDX and Seattle area has the very nice SEA. I started looking around Vancouver area first but couldn't find anything we liked. Extended the search further north to King County and viola! Found a property both wife and I like and bought it.

True that. We have no use for the cities and in the next (probably final in my lifetime), move we are planning to being even further away from "civilization". I can work remotely in my occupation. My wife's, however, not as easily. There are options in her field, and she isn't all that far from retirement, but it still presents some logistical hurdles.
Don't go too crazy with the remote location, as we get older, having access to good medical facilities will become more important. When I was planning to move from CA to WA and shopping for a house, this was one of the items I had to consider. If we buy a very remote location, one of the things on my list is that the property must have a helicopter landing pad (or I can build one) so that I can call in medivac easily.

Don't go too crazy with the remote location, as we get older, having access to good medical facilities will become more important. When I was planning to move from CA to WA and shopping for a house, this was one of the items I had to consider. If we buy a very remote location, one of the things on my list is that the property must have a helicopter landing pad (or I can build one) so that I can call in medivac easily.
Rest homes usually have a box of bandaids so that'd probably be the way to go.

I am hoping that by the time I need medical care onsite that they will have robots for the purpose - seriously.

Otherwise, I am going to opt for some kind of home care for as long as possible. I do not want to be put in a nursing home. Seen too many relatives go that route in a poor quality overcrowded care facility.

Too much water here to want to really go back south on the west coast. Tons of sustainable food grows up here. The weather is consistent, no extremes. Political crap is about the only part about OR that is a mild problem in my opinion. Even if they get cutthroat on the 2a, I don't think I'd leave, unless it gets really ugly.

Nevada=drought. Arizona = drought. Parts of Texas = drought. Most of the west coast just doesn't have water, and the water they got is dwindling.

If we were to go, it would be to Texas. That's it. Texas has the size and a certain consistency to it. It's almost it's own country. If things went truly south, I figure Texas would branch off and those there are fairly unified in their ways to fight for them together.

I understand this post is likely directed at Oregonians.....whatever.

From Washington, I am moving rather soon, to NV or AZ, I have not quite decided which state but I expect to be on the road HOPEFULLY after Independence Day. I expect NV to be my place to relocate because of the no income tax but its lack of OTC hunting tags hurts me, where AZ may be cheap enough they do have a better hunting policy. Low taxes taxes, good hunting, and no infringing on my 2A rights is what I care about. This is the basics of my choice.

The more people of a certain politicial persuasion that move out of Oregon, the harder it will be to take Oregon back from the terminal brink :(
If this keeps up, it won't be "1/3 D, 1/3 R, 1/3 independents who usually side with the Ds for the most part if not "who cares" ".. it will be 1/2 D, 1/6 R, and 1/3 Independents and 1/6 "who cares" :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top