JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I was to go to AZ it would probably be the Flagstaff area instead of Phoenix/etc.

Prescuit... :D :s0093: Prescott to most.

Funny you mention it. When we were gearing up for the push, we were set on Tucson area. Now, not so much; more northern part of the state. There is some truly beautiful country in those parts. :)

Nice? Bend and Sisters are only vestiges of the beautiful places they once were.

South Deschutes county is the last remaining 'holdout' of what the 'glory' of Central Oregon used to be - and sadly it is changing fast.

Well this is the Deschutes near me - not the best pic as it was 32 below and frozen ! ( a rare occurrence)

View attachment 905577
I mean the area, not the towns. I don't care how nice a town/city is, I won't live in it, but outside of it, in the general area...

When I was still talking to a family member who lives in Tucson he would often tell me what the weather was like but he recently told me he 'cannot be friends with someone who is an obvious Trump supporter, anti vaxxer who does NOT believe in 'our' constitution, Democracy and rule of law as a 'typical American' supports, AND supports the end of Democracy'

Yea, he is a rabid, liberal dem who is way off the deep end....

Lets see, 'I 'don't' believe in the constitution' ? - and I AM A VET (twice) and he is not !!

1623680724262.png

I enjoy the Arizona sunshine and appreciate its polite citizenry. Also...If I choose to protect myself with a firearm, I can do so with less of the circus hoops.

I've looked at Arizona and Nevada on google earth. Man, "Desolation" is all I see. I know, I know, there are nice parts too! Spending my first 27 years at the foot of The Wasatch Range in Utah, and then moving here for 34 years, all I can think of when I hear of living in AR. or NV. is...

I'm moving sooner then later but unfortunately not out of Oregon. I bought 20 acres 20 miles outside of Prineville headed up the Paulina hiway almost to Post. It has a small cabin on it now along with my RV And a 40' shipping container. Soon as I can I'm moving a small manufactured home that I already own up their and selling my place here in Sandy. It may not be out of Oregon but when I'm there it doesn't feel like Oregon. People are so much different there. I was in the Post store the other day and a rancher and what appeared to be his adult son just walked in. I had my hands full of milk shakes and meatloaf sandwiches when the son noticed me having trouble. He went out of his way and ran over to help and open the door for me. I thanked him for the help and he said not problem and your welcome sir.

That sure is a nice area out that way @BSDave. Best of wishes on the move. (And we've found the same thing after moving from the eastside to the west some years back; people act very different indeed. As different as night and day.)

I'm moving sooner then later but unfortunately not out of Oregon. I bought 20 acres 20 miles outside of Prineville headed up the Paulina hiway almost to Post. It has a small cabin on it now along with my RV And a 40' shipping container. Soon as I can I'm moving a small manufactured home that I already own up their and selling my place here in Sandy. It may not be out of Oregon but when I'm there it doesn't feel like Oregon. People are so much different there. I was in the Post store the other day and a rancher and what appeared to be his adult son just walked in. I had my hands full of milk shakes and meatloaf sandwiches when the son noticed me having trouble. He went out of his way and ran over to help and open the door for me. I thanked him for the help and he said not problem and your welcome sir.

We are looking at a similar situation.
Property somewhere else in Oregon. My hands are tied by my wife's wishes. She wants to finish up her working career in Oregon. Plus her family ties are here.

I am nomadic at heart and enjoy the change of scenery that comes with it.

I've looked at Arizona and Nevada on google earth. Man, "Desolation" is all I see. I know, I know, there are nice parts too! Spending my first 27 years at the foot of The Wasatch Range in Utah, and then moving here for 34 years, all I can think of when I hear of living in AR. or NV. is...

Oh come on...Today, I might have to wait until 9:00AM to boil the water for coffee....:D

:oops:
1623849279797.jpeg

Oh come on...Today, I might have to wait until 9:00AM to boil the water for coffee....:D

:oops:
View attachment 974987
If you're digging it I'm absolutely giddy for you!
Cheers!

I DO miss the times/visits/trips we used to do in Southern Utah in the spring. Nothing more beautiful than seeing that dry desolate landscape in bloom after an unusually wet winter.

Just an added thought, if you are going to move check first the the infistructure in the place you are moving to can support the massive immigration thats been going on. I read due to the drought there is going to be water problems in some states and power problems. No sense trading one hell for another. :s0093:

Just an added thought, if you are going to move check first the the infistructure in the place you are moving to can support the massive immigration thats been going on. I read due to the drought there is going to be water problems in some states and power problems. No sense trading one hell for another. :s0093:

Low reservoirs means less power so the power bills are going out of site in Arizona before long. Texas has already been hit with massive increases in the cost of power and they blame it on the weather but common sense says immigration filling up the state is going to overwhelm the infistructure.

Its headed our way too as the borders are now open and millions will overwhelm the countries infistructure. :s0093:

Sadly, with 29 trillion in debt and another 14 trillion being added we are doomed so hopefully folks pick a good place to move too. You may be there for some time.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top