JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dewclaw caught in a fence most likely.
Ouch, those hurt. Ask me how I know...

Adlet.jpg

Last Edited:
It's been a while now, this forum lit up when it first came out. I believe the dog died a couple days later.
Thanks, I'm interested to know what type of wound led to the fatality, like was it a cranial puncture, was it interior hemorrhage from claws/bites, etc. I can try looking it up, but I was curious if anyone knew.

Two words: Carl Akeley

1896, attacked by a cheetah and killed it with his bare hands. The cat had a hold of one hand and doing some serious damage to Mr. Akeley. Since he couldn't get his gun, Mr. Akeley shoved his hand further down the cat's mouth, into it's throat and choking it from the inside. He was also trampled by an elephant and survived. Known as the father of modern taxidermy. Definitely a different class of bad-a$$

View attachment 281661
That cat hanging is a small Leopard. Not a Cheetah.

A Glock 10mm in this chassis would be a heck of a deterrent, even at longer ranges compared to using unstabilized pistol. Pretty portable too.

Damn set up looks like it would be a VERY nice set up for home use and for LEO's. For home use it would be tempting to put a couple stamps on. One for the unit and one for a can. Would make a damn nice home set up. Would be great for carry in the outback where you may run into 4 legged critters who could be harm to you.

Having been a .45 fanboy for about 6 decades now even I do like the 10 a LOT. So far only have one PCC in this caliber but sure as hell is tempting.
I cut my teeth on the .45, from about the late '70s until the Federal Hydra-Shok bullet had a decade or so track record built up. At that time (late 90's) I switched to 9mm as an EDC / duty round.

I also carried .44 or .357 revolvers as back country defense until about 10 years ago. The 10mm makes more sense to me now. It's easier to carry a semi-auto, easier to shoot rapidly and accurately and boasts higher capacity. Unfortunately, you have to hand-load or buy Bear Creek ammo to get true 10mm power. The current crop of factory loads for the 10mm are below SAMMI max specification ... pretty much like a .40S&W +P if there were such a thing.

I cut my teeth on the .45, from about the late '70s until the Federal Hydra-Shok bullet had a decade or so track record built up. At that time (late 90's) I switched to 9mm as an EDC / duty round.

I also carried .44 or .357 revolvers as back country defense until about 10 years ago. The 10mm makes more sense to me now. It's easier to carry a semi-auto, easier to shoot rapidly and accurately and boasts higher capacity. Unfortunately, you have to hand-load or buy Bear Creek ammo to get true 10mm power. The current crop of factory loads for the 10mm are below SAMMI max specification ... pretty much like a .40S&W +P if there were such a thing.
One of these days I will I am sure get a 1911 in 10. I really just love the round.

Last Edited:
I am not looking at this as a trail gun, it adds weight and bulk, which does not add portability for me. I need it to be easier, not harder.
Stability like that adds weight and some size. Glock 17 plus this = 36.8 0z. A colt python weighs 38 oz. So depends on personal preference but it might not be a huge weight hit depending on what u are comparing it to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top