JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do I hear anyone saying Korth?

I don't think Korth's are underrated as much as they are relatively unknown. Exquisite pistols!

9jKsZ9IYDj3Ptxdp3m60GZO6tonvbdGlqfPMzDmH5jU.jpg

Last Edited:
All of the store branded firearms from times gone by. They were just that "store branded" and most were made by well known makers but maybe not as fancy. I never understood why people didn't want them or sold them so cheap but hey I'll take em. I don't care if a Marlin or whatever has JC Higgins or Coast to Coast stamped on the barrel.

Edit: Forgot Remington 788's those that have owned/own one know what I mean.

And.....GO!

Rifle: Ruger No. 1. Strong, allows for longer barrel given the same overall length of the rifle, classy, makes you make the shot count while its still pretty fast to load with practice.
View attachment 578883

I had a #1V heavy barrel in .22-250... I nailed a lot of rockchucks and magpies with it... another rifle that I had to sell in the divorce... I sure miss it!!!

Ruger-1V-Varmiter-223-132-prefix-Early-80and-39-s_101110377_86_A7F4D94234508D1A.jpg

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Or my uncanny movie memory. :p :)

Most any Civil War movie. All of the Custer movies. Dances w Wolves. Squiggly Down Under. All mountain man movies. And of course, "Mr., have you ever seen what a Henry rifle can do in the hands of someone that knows how to use it?" (Silverado)

Do I hear anyone saying Korth?
I don't think any gun that costs as much as they do, and/or 99.9% of us have never had the opportunity to see, let alone handle or shoot, could be considered under-rated.
I would love to have one, but for that money I could get a lot of Colt!

Tell me another pistol that is as reliable, accurate, and as affordable out of the box.
I have a 26, 19, 17, and 34.
I can use the same holsters for all for, and I can use G17 mags for all four.
It's the most versatile.

Name another pistol you can have a sub compact carry gun, a midsize, full size and competition gun that you can swap holsters and mags.
Carry any gun and have back up mags around that will fit any platform.
Just about any modern production handgun. Some are even more accurate for less money like CZ's.

CZ-75 series handguns...

2075 RAMI sub-compact
CZ-75 Compact
CZ-75 B
CZ-75 D
CZ-75 P-01 compact (adopted by NATO and is NSN engraved) also has omega and tactical variants
CZ-75 SP-01 Full size (safety or decocker variants, and tactical variants)
CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom (polymer frame full size)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow (competition)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow 2 (competition/race)
CZ-75 tactical sport (competition)
CZ-75 TS Czechmate (high end competition)

All of those and their variants will take the same full size magazines (obviously a sub compact magazine won't fit in a full size gun, but a full size mag will fit in a sub compact and a compact ;) ), same holsters, etc.

All are reliable and accurate right out of the box.

I don't think Korth's are underrated as much as they are relatively unknown. Exquisite pistols!

9jKsZ9IYDj3Ptxdp3m60GZO6tonvbdGlqfPMzDmH5jU.jpg

I had exactly that revolver, bought second-hand in Berlin in 1989. Even then it cost me, uh, quite a lot of money. But it made a Python feel like a well-used Howdy Doody cap gun. It went back to Germany in the great betrayal in 1997, for twice as much as I had paid for it.

The Zastava line of CZ99, CZ999 and EZ9 pistols.
While the tooling may be rough, they are insanely accurate pistols for their very low price point.

Once Zastava opens the flood gates and import their EZ9 again Ill snag one up in a heartbeat. My CZ999 pistol is ridiculously accurate and reliable for how little I paid for it

CZ-75 series handguns...

2075 RAMI sub-compact
CZ-75 Compact
CZ-75 B
CZ-75 D
CZ-75 P-01 compact (adopted by NATO and is NSN engraved) also has omega and tactical variants
CZ-75 SP-01 Full size (safety or decocker variants, and tactical variants)
CZ-75 SP-01 Phantom (polymer frame full size)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow (competition)
CZ-75 SP-01 Shadow 2 (competition/race)
CZ-75 tactical sport (competition)
CZ-75 TS Czechmate (high end competition)

All of those and their variants will take the same full size magazines (obviously a sub compact magazine won't fit in a full size gun, but a full size mag will fit in a sub compact and a compact ;) ), same holsters, etc.

All are reliable and accurate right out of the box.

My brother-in-law bought a new CZ P10C in December and I was looking forward to shooting the new challenger to the G19. I had just purchased a Glock G19 Gen 5 MOS a couple of weeks prior, so we took them both out for a range session.

The G19 was superior in every way, we both found. It was more compact, more accurate, had a better trigger, and felt better in the hand. The CZ wasn't bad, and it was cheaper, but it was not the Glock-Killer that I had hoped it was.

At least that was OUR impression of it and there are plenty of people who will disagree. IIRC, he paid $400 for it while a blue label Gen 5 G19 is $425.

All of us gun folk would like our (pistols) especially to kick top performers butts.

Generally, doesn't happen, but I want to see low cost/high quality pistols, thus my recent interest in Canik's.

Then I read, Caniks often haven't the necessary primer strike ability to handle all ammo. Light strikes, suuuuuuuuuuuck.

All other accolades aside, if the pistol is finicky with primers, crap.....

My brother-in-law bought a new CZ P10C in December and I was looking forward to shooting the new challenger to the G19. I had just purchased a Glock G19 Gen 5 MOS a couple of weeks prior, so we took them both out for a range session.

The G19 was superior in every way, we both found. It was more compact, more accurate, had a better trigger, and felt better in the hand. The CZ wasn't bad, and it was cheaper, but it was not the Glock-Killer that I had hoped it was.

At least that was OUR impression of it and there are plenty of people who will disagree. IIRC, he paid $400 for it while a blue label Gen 5 G19 is $425.
Notice how I didn't mention their striker fired pistol line? LOL Never shot their striker fired lineup and have no interest in striker fired pistols in general. So I don't doubt that the glock can be superior there. ;) Everyone has their preference, but the pistols I did mention do fit what I was quoting ;) same magazines fit all of them, same holsters fit them all, all are accurate and reliable out of the box.

What a bunch of amateurs :rolleyes:

MAS 49/56 in the original 7.5 MAS :)

NOT the ones that Century Arms butchered into 308, I regret having to sell mine during the recession :(

French MAS 59/56 $400.00 Traded

I have an original that was unfired and unmolested. I swapped out the firing pin as slam fires are possible on softer primers. Other than it's a great gun. The stock is woefully short though for anyone that has a longer LOP without the rubber boot.

One of my votes would be for the Walter PPQ 22 (NOT the P22 which is an entirely different pistol). This is the same form factor as the regular 9mm variant. I have the threaded barrel version and it's one of the most reliable semi-auto 22 pistols outside the Ruger Mark series I have ever shot.

I'd go with side by sides or over unders.

Always work, some can be beautiful works of art.

No on talks about them.

K framed revolvers without the lock. I can think of few things as boring and accurate to shoot as a good 38 or 22. To me they are ultimately reliable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top