JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
And.....GO!

Rifle: Ruger No. 1. Strong, allows for longer barrel given the same overall length of the rifle, classy, makes you make the shot count while its still pretty fast to load with practice.
09116D17-838C-4BAB-AFB7-9F505C91785F.jpeg
Pistol: Sig P220. Not lefty friendly and its a single stack with 8+1 capacity, but I bet it will run right out of the box with no 500 to 1000 round break in period and will be accurate to boot. Still feel like it fits my hand better than any pistol I've ever owned.
3B19B17B-E538-4DF5-ABDF-892978F847F4.jpeg

Shotgun: Mossberg Maverick 88. Its a great HD shotgun for less than $225. Reliable...fool proof...and mean.

9B68CB47-4D1C-42ED-8A47-FE0C68AE34B4.jpeg

And.....GO!

Rifle: Ruger No. 1. Strong, allows for longer barrel given the same overall length of the rifle, classy, makes you make the shot count while its still pretty fast to load with practice.
View attachment 578883
Pistol: Sig P220. Not lefty friendly and its a single stack with 8+1 capacity, but I bet it will run right out of the box with no 500 to 1000 round break in period and will be accurate to boot. Still feel like it fits my hand better than any pistol I've ever owned.
View attachment 578884

Shotgun: Mossberg Maverick 88. Its a great HD shotgun for less than $225. Reliable...fool proof...and mean.

View attachment 578885

Isn't the P220 one of the most popular pistols in the world?

For underrated pistols, I'll go old school Ruger P series.

Isn't the P220 one of the most popular pistols in the world?

For underrated pistols, I'll go old school Ruger P series.

Beat me to it. I had over 11k through my P89 with barely a hiccup.

Rifle: The cheap-o Scavages that Bi-Mart sells for $179 are amazingly accurate.

Shotgun: Stevens "insert model here". I have 3 of them. Dirt cheap, lousy fit and finish but they just go bang when need be.

I'm going to say a Glock double stack 9mm versions.

HOLD ON!!! Hear me out!

In response to the hate on Glocks in the overrated thread.

Tell me another pistol that is as reliable, accurate, and as affordable out of the box.
I have a 26, 19, 17, and 34.
I can use the same holsters for all for, and I can use G17 mags for all four.
It's the most versatile.

Name another pistol you can have a sub compact carry gun, a midsize, full size and competition gun that you can swap holsters and mags.
Carry any gun and have back up mags around that will fit any platform.

Okay, start your hate........

Beat me to it. I had over 11k through my P89 with barely a hiccup.

Rifle: The cheap-o Scavages that Bi-Mart sells for $179 are amazingly accurate.

Shotgun: Stevens "insert model here". I have 3 of them. Dirt cheap, lousy fit and finish but they just go bang when need be.

I had thousands through my P94. Now it's my dad's truck gun.

Remington pump rifle (or better yet: the carbine)! Model 14, .35 Remington caliber. Quite possibly the very best trifecta of portable, fast and powerful. Cougar and Bear guys that "do it with dogs" revere this gun.

I would have to say that Marvin the Martian's Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, produced in small numbers and not often seen was vastly underrated.

Biotch to load though.

Bolt actions in general seem to get less love these days with the popularity of pistols and semi-auto rifles.

But that's okay, under appreciated means less money!

Under appriciated, i would say pre war bolt actions, particularly of the European variety, you almost never see or hear of them any more. Rhinemettle, Holland &Holland, Jeffries, or Husqvarna any one!

Because Glocks have never had any problemos...
Nary a problem with my CW45. Close to 3000 rounds thru it, if not more.

Hmmm, I can't find anywhere in this thread where I mentioned Glocks. And the Kahr I had hated any kind of hollow points. Steep feed ramp and even a polishing didn't help. That was my experience anyway. Seems like lately I'm not supposed to share my thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews