JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just about anything from Sarsilmaz.
They've gotten a pretty raw deal due to our animosity towards Turkey's fanatical government (myself included), but they are an America-friendly, privately owned company that has as much to do with Erdoğon's tyrannical power grabbing as any American weapons maker does with Barry Obama or the Clintons.
Even so, I haven't bought a Turkish made weapon since my SAR K245 (about 4 or 5 yrs ago), an amazing all metal double stack .45 based on the CZ platform. I've had the opportunity to shoot a few other SAR models and found them all to be excellent quality.

Beretta CX4 Storm in .45. Is an absolutely stupid cool gun. Mine has a couple mods. (SierraPapa trigger and extended mags, tornado technologies threaded barrel) Mine is suppressed and just cool. Very few were made because very few bought them.

My Sig P220 was purchased from the Eugene Police Department, has the mag release on the bottom and is stamped "West Germany". I'm not that accurate with it but other family members are. I had all the steel refinished by Surgichrome in Clackamas, and have Goncalo Alves grips. It's started to not go back into battery, but I think a new recoil spring will cure that. Needless to say I'm pretty proud of it.

CZ pistols and Rifles
Savage Rifles
I know lots of people that say they hear good things about CZ's, but they've never shot one, and never do. Picked up a CZ512 WMR about a year ago, it's awesome, as is my CZ75 D Compact PCR; that I've had for many trouble free years. I would agree with the Savage thing too; most people I know talk about Remington, Winchester & Marlin. I let a friend try my CZ75 PCR, he said it was Okay . . . then he went and bought a Glock . ..

the poster child for this is the Canik TP9SFx optics-ready comp gun.

I bought one of these for $450 and it EASILY shoots better than several of the $1k+ custom Glocks.
Everyone who has shot my Canik say it's trigger is fantastic, out of the box.

And I would also give honorable mention to the EAA Witness / SAR B6P. The B6P at under $300 shot better than many DA/SA guns I have shot (classified as a CZ 75 clone).

I have always wanted a Ruger No. 1A in 7x57. I no longer hunt on foot so I won't be getting one. However I would recommend the No. 1 to a young guy who is starting out. I used one in 30-06 to nail a prarie dog at about 350 once. The rifle was a standard medium (1B ?). It belonged to a Pennsylvania antelope hunter. These rifles are classic.

Beretta CX4 Storm in .45. Is an absolutely stupid cool gun. Mine has a couple mods. (SierraPapa trigger and extended mags, tornado technologies threaded barrel) Mine is suppressed and just cool. Very few were made because very few bought them.
Agree. Mine is the 9mm and has the SP upgrades as well. Slick as slick can be. Best pistol caliber carbine around if you can find one.

I have always wanted a Ruger No. 1A in 7x57.

I came across one in the full length stock (#1 International?) about 10 years ago. I'd never given the cartridge a second thought until I saw it. Beautiful little gun, but I wasn't able to strike a deal. The dealer really wanted to strike the deal because he offered about $300 for the 500 Mag I wanted to use as trading stock...
The #1 is a fantastic gun.

Ruger 77 MKII and Hawkeye.

Everyone seems to want a Winchester or a Rem 700.
The Winchester is steeped in history and the 700 seems to be the Holy Grail for rifle snobs seeking accuracy (that and the Savage), I've owned all of them and made my choice a long time ago. I probably won't buy another rifle for myself again, but if it happens it will be a Hawkeye Long Range Target. I just hope Ruger doesn't bring it out in 300PRC soon, cuz I'm broke!
This one's mine and I'm damn proud of it.
RUGER.jpg

Pistol: Daewoo DP-51. Solid, reliable, good shooter. Fits my hand like a glove. "light" alloy gun that could double as an excellent set of brass knuckles.

Rifle: Stevens 200. Short lived bolt action from a few years ago. As Savage was making the switch to some newer technology, they found a surplus of older parts still in stock so, the model 200.
New price was like 60% of comparable weapons, even those offered by Savage.
Rock solid reliable and chambered in one of the most versatile calibers ever produced.

Shotgun: H&R break action single. "Topper" or not, like someone else mentioned, dirt cheap but they always go bang. The Minimalist's Shotgun.

Shotgun: H&R break action single. "Topper" or not, like someone else mentioned, dirt cheap but they always go bang. The Minimalist's Shotgun.

I had one of those suckers in 20 gauge. Only let it go cuz my brother in law wanted it. I could shoot, and hit clays all day with that little bugger. Way more gun than the price tag made you believe.

Yeah buddy!
I got mine as payment for helping a co-worker move.
Came in pieces and I had it fixed and opened to modified.
Mine is 20 ga., too. When I'm not shooting over it, I powder those clays, every time.
Fit mine with a Limbsaver and now, even 3" mags are no problem.
Been with me for over 30 years now. Never get rid of little puppy.

Dean

Steyr M,S,C,& L series auto pistols. If Glock is Bubits 1.0-1.4, Steyr is Bubits 2.0-2.3, and Caracal is Bubits 3.0-?.
Everybody who has held my Gen 1 S9 likes the way it feels in the hand. The trap sights work well for the intended purpose, which is rapid acquisition. I have had it since '04 with (0) malfs. Anybody who shops for a SD/HD sidearm is missing out if they don't consider the Steyr line.

My favorite carry gun is a Smith &Wesson model 3953 and is underrated. It is a fine shooter and equal to my 4053 but gets an extra carry point because the Bucheimer-Clark open top clip-on holster works so well for EDC.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top