JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So
Hmmm, I can't find anywhere in this thread where I mentioned Glocks. And the Kahr I had hated any kind of hollow points. Steep feed ramp and even a polishing didn't help. That was my experience anyway. Seems like lately I'm not supposed to share my thoughts.
Sorry, Glock reflex. You know that we all love and appreciate your thoughts, which are often cogent and spot on. :)

FN/FAL, the right arm of the free world, never gained a serious following in the states, and with all the cheap semi autos out there, ever fewer are getting any lovin!
SIG 550 series carbines, overpriced and never available in any quantity, one of the greatest carbines rejected by the Mil.
By the same tokin, the Robinson Arms XCR was a steller performing carbine that got canceled before it ever got to really show its worth!

FN/FAL, the right arm of the free world, never gained a serious following in the states, and with all the cheap semi autos out there, ever fewer are getting any lovin!
SIG 550 series carbines, overpriced and never available in any quantity, one of the greatest carbines rejected by the Mil.
By the same tokin, the Robinson Arms XCR was a steller performing carbine that got canceled before it ever got to really show its worth!

Now you're talking! :)

These days? In my humble opinion, the once staple in our nation for a century, the Winchester 94. No, it is not some super long range, laser-precise bolt-gun. No it is not some "tacti-cool" (whatever that means) semi-auto with a capacity of a box and a half of cartridges, and every whiz-bang accessory hanging off said. But it is light, handy, accurate enough for the ranges so called upon, comes to the shoulder so beautifully, and hits plenty hard enough on deer-sized game, varmints, two-legged problems, and the rest. Perhaps not the master of anything, but, imho, a damn fine jack of all trades. As a "work'n gun", one could do a hell of a lot worse. :s0155:

I think the 94s got a mythical following based more on legend then fact! Still a decent brush gun, but even in it's hay day, there were better rifles out there!
Ok, start the hate!:p
I think more people own one based on Hollywood portrayals of greatness then history would bare out as facts:(

SKS's.

Once cheaper then a hooker and now fetch a premium.

Only 10 round stock mags (yea I know a few have 20's and some take AK mags) for most.

Fast to reload, all I've shot were very accurate, built to withstand a 3rd nuke and keep on going.

Little heavy but I think they are great rifles if you can get one less then what seems normal now in the $400-500 range.

SCCY pistols

$200 ish out the door.

Stainless barrel and slide.

Made in Florida with a lifetime replacement warrenty.

10+1 capacity with an extra mag standard.

Trigger is a little heavy but it's a DAO gut gun.

Lots of better sub compacts out there but I don't think you can beat the build quality for that price.

I think the 94s got a mythical following based more on legend then fact! Still a decent brush gun, but even in it's hay day, there were better rifles out there!
I think more people own one based on Hollywood portrayals of greatness then history would bare out as facts:(

Hey now! I bought a 5906 and a 1006 because I saw them in 90's action movies. They actually shot incredibly well. :D

I figured it was more 1873s that you'd see in hollywood. Maybe some 1886s and 1892s.

And you NEVER see 1895s or any Spencers, or the legendary Sharps! And a Colt revolving rifle, fugiddaboutit! Rifles that actually did the lions share of winning the west!

77AE54AB-8E59-42DA-920C-A7E9A9F4CBA7.jpeg
72A583FF-4174-401A-B743-62BF4F259F48.jpeg

No hate from this guy. I don't do that emotion, in general. My perception of the 94 is based upon experience from early life in the wilderness home I grew up on to the present, slightly more civilized (if you can call it that) rural acreage. And the crazy points in between, in various states, and other places abroad. It works will enough and any tool that works I am down with.

Parenthetically, I am very much liking the 92-pattern rifles in revolver calibers (.357 and .44 Magnum). But this is another matter. Well wishes, my friends. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top