JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My RIA 1911 tactical.

20160216_222938_zpsb6aa8476.jpg

I had exactly that revolver, bought second-hand in Berlin in 1989. Even then it cost me, uh, quite a lot of money. But it made a Python feel like a well-used Howdy Doody cap gun. It went back to Germany in the great betrayal in 1997, for twice as much as I had paid for it.
346E1461-72A4-46EE-9ECE-68BD33107A80.png
I could buy a couple howdy doody guns, and a decent chunk of acreage in the Idaho mountains to retire to for the cost of this one
:eek:

I'm going to say a Glock double stack 9mm versions.

HOLD ON!!! Hear me out!

In response to the hate on Glocks in the overrated thread.

Tell me another pistol that is as reliable, accurate, and as affordable out of the box.
I have a 26, 19, 17, and 34.
I can use the same holsters for all for, and I can use G17 mags for all four.
It's the most versatile.

Name another pistol you can have a sub compact carry gun, a midsize, full size and competition gun that you can swap holsters and mags.
Carry any gun and have back up mags around that will fit any platform.

Okay, start your hate........

Dislike

My Ruger MKI Target. In close to 40 years, never a bobble or "jam" in spite of some crappy ammo. Not my favorite pistol but it has certainly been reliable... It has a solid place in my selection and has never been sold or traded off, and it is kept handy..

I never really thought of these as underrated though. My general perception was that a Ruger MkX was the go to for a reliable semi-auto 22LR pistol.

I love it when people claim that Glocks aren't accurate.

My Glock G29 has always been freakishly accurate for a compact 10mm...

7eSJkotlQ0m4-aGzFFcCEg.jpg

And my Gen 5 G19 isn't bad, either...

vdTVWe-ERXiDMyGmMHbNQA.jpg

CZloM6ERSAS6-oujoJBagg.jpg

Glocks are pretty darn accurate; people just either can't master the trigger, or repeat the mantra of other people that can't shoot them well.

My "homemade" P80 G19 clone.
I love shooting that thing !
Looks good and shoots even better.

They are going to take these (ghost guns) away folks, so buy your frame kits if you think you might want to try one.

my $110 when new, 40 year old Taurus Model 85 stainless 3" .38
Over the decades it's rattled around a dozen trucks, been 40 miles out to sea, backpacked in the high country, gone bang every time the trigger is pulled, and hits right where it's pointed.
And no matter what I'm carrying holstered when I get in the truck, to this day waits for me in the console vault along with 4 loaded speed strips.

I had exactly that revolver, bought second-hand in Berlin in 1989. Even then it cost me, uh, quite a lot of money. But it made a Python feel like a well-used Howdy Doody cap gun. It went back to Germany in the great betrayal in 1997, for twice as much as I had paid for it.
Just saw this while flipping through past posts. I was in Berlin from 76-82 and again from 87-91. I was Air Force but worked at Teufelsberg at US Army Field Station Berlin. I was a German linguist and eventually made E-9 in '91 based mostly on being the Operations MFWIC during the whole fall of the Wall thing. Glad to see another Berliner, not to mention a fellow firearms enthusiast.

Underrated...
I'd say any of the various US made single shot shotguns made till H&R / NEF went under.

Agreed with this. I was given two firearms before then, but the first one I ever purchased all on my own, and completed a 4473, was such a single-shot shot just a short while past my 18th birthday. In that brief time in which I had said when still living on my father's property, a number of birds were brought home. (Then when I graduated high school, I was told it was time for me to leave and make my way. That little NEF break-action was traded off along with my La Coruña Mauser for some pump-action shotgun in early adulthood, so it is long gone. But the memory remains. Not that it matters much; my shenanigans, firearms or otherwise, have more than made up for the loss, and then some, over the decades. But that simple little single just worked and there is nothing wrong with that. :))

So many choices.

A few that immediately come to mind:
MAS-49/56. Simple, reliable, handy, historically interesting. Had one, sold it, regret it.

Bersa Thunder .22 (not .380!), probably my favorite representative of the subcategory of smallish .22's styled after larger-caliber pistols. Comfortable, fun, reliable.

Bulgarian Arcus pistols. Mechanically these are copies of the Browning Hi-Power, some models use the same mags even... available in DA/SA and both in full size and compact sizes.

PPS-43, extremely cost effective to produce, lightweight, simple, durable, low-maintenance, and reliable (with a truly excellent magazine). Far superior to its better-known predecessor, the PPSh-41.

My Ruger MKI Target. In close to 40 years, never a bobble or "jam" in spite of some crappy ammo. Not my favorite pistol but it has certainly been reliable... It has a solid place in my selection and has never been sold or traded off, and it is kept handy..
Mine's a "Standard" and for the same reason I chose the Marlin I mentioned, boringly accurate, reliable as a steel handled hammer. The Marlin was the first firearm I ever fired. This one was the second. Neither one is going anywhere.
Standard.jpg
I also have one of those 20", long mag Maverick 88s. Way underrated.

Just saw this while flipping through past posts. I was in Berlin from 76-82 and again from 87-91. I was Air Force but worked at Teufelsberg at US Army Field Station Berlin. I was a German linguist and eventually made E-9 in '91 based mostly on being the Operations MFWIC during the whole fall of the Wall thing. Glad to see another Berliner, not to mention a fellow firearms enthusiast.

I was in BRIXMIS - '81 - '84. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads