JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I know the chances of them calling the search off is coming closer and if they don't find anything by then I'm going to get with my friend's dad and probably be spending some time out there continuing the search. No closure is not an option.
But that is up to higher powers I guess.

Wife and I got lost there once.

We were mountain biking around the lake and bikes have to take a big detour off the hiking trail along the shore. We had a guidebook but the maps were plain wrong!

A couple of tense moments when the terrain did not match the maps that were on each page. Lucky for us, there was a paragraph of text with each map, and the written description was correct, even though a couple of maps weren't. Also, GPS wasn't a thing yet at that time.

So when we were good and lost, I re-read each page until finally I said "Ah-ha! I know where we are!" So we double timed it back to the last landmark that was in the book, and easily found the road from there.

That book ended up in the dumpster by the camp area, torn in half.

Godspeed to the hunter to make it back to his family safe and sound.

Yeah I know the chances of them calling the search off is coming closer and if they don't find anything by then I'm going to get with my friend's dad and probably be spending some time out there continuing the search. No closure is not an option.
But that is up to higher powers I guess.

I'm not sure what to offer guy...

My knees are sore and back is screaming which is why I'm not hunting myself this year.

Not sure what day your going but I could drive roads for you possibly.

Took a lot of time off last week so I'm a bit swamped and probably can't get out of work this week but could most likely go Sunday if your unfortunately still looking.

Hope he is found sooner then later though.

Do you know if he was carrying basic fire making gear and what his survival experience is?"

I know I could probably survive with my limited kit for 7-10 days but I know not everyone out there has the experience to make it till found.

Prayers he didn't fall and hit his head and is found soon.

I'll add that the SAR units are beginning to reach their own limits by now. Putting in a 72-96 hour day is something people Simply can't imagine. It's very much a Numbers game because untrained people in the field can truly hamper an operation. Yes, they mean well but I've seen people say they have covered an area but they've walked right past the person who is missing because those untrained Simply don't know "how to look". You have to look at the entire scene and that can mean looking Up, Down and Behind you! The Trail can look VERY different when you are looking backwards!

Prayers for the hunter and his family Clear!

If the worst does happen and someone starts a go fund me page for the family please let us know. I would be happy to contribute.

Situations like this always make me second guess my preparidness. Sad chain of events, hope it turns out OK. :(

Thanks Guys!

I hear what your saying KKG, I heard they were going on an all out push today and calling in resources from other counties.
Trying to cover as much ground as possible before the bad weather comes.
And I know how bad inexperienced people can be in searching. They can get lost and create another search needed.

I'm certified in Search and Rescue, although long ago, the one thing I learned well and good was the most important area to search is the area behind you.
I learned to search behind you. Cover ground and search back. Especially looking for items left behind, footprints, etc.

Even leaves and foliage can completely cover clear sign one way and not another.

always good to have hope rather than be a negative nancy

I tend to be realistic, sometimes seen as negative, but it's my coping mechanism for the harsh reality that life sometimes bring us.

I'm just so excited to hear this turned out well. These people have had enough hard times, and to know the lost hunter was a father of 5, man I can't imagine the elation they had to hear the news.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top