JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A friend told me today his dad and best friend were hunting with the friend's 35 year old son and the son got lost. It's been a couple days and so far no word.

In the Timothy Lake Oregon area

If anyone is going in that area please keep a lookout.

I don't have much info but will try to post anything else I find out.

Thanks!

I hope he's equipped to be out for a while. Frankly, I have little faith that is the case. Too many years in SAR and having seen too many people who go out with out even the Basics to be able to survive. I just hope this isn't another one.

After talking with my friend the guy has been out hunting in that area several times, and usually has enought food and equipment for a couple days, but his dad was firing some location shots and heard nothing back.
Even with nicer weather it doesn't sound good.
They had a couple crews and dogs going up today.

Hate to say it but most likely a recovery. The guys has 5 kids and only 35. I hope they find him.

I would agree.
After 72hrs it's more than likely a recovery, but it all depends on the person and how well they are equipped.

And assuming there wasn't a catastrophic event that caused his disappearance.

It's unfortunately Not just how there are equipt but wether or not they know what to do with the tools they're Carrying. REI has probably Sold a million of their Storm Kits but if the buyer doesn't have a clue and/or the Kit Doesn't get carried...

It's unfortunately Not just how there are equipt but wether or not they know what to do with the tools they're Carrying. REI has probably Sold a million of their Storm Kits but if the buyer doesn't have a clue and/or the Kit Doesn't get carried...
Panic is the worst enemy. My dad was involved in a search in a deer hunting situation like this, and they did find the guy alive. But he was miles from where he was last seen and had thrown away most of his gear including his jacket and shirt. He had apparently just panicked and started running.

SAR units train their personal to follow the Trail. Which more often than not will lead around and around in circles. Sometimes it works and then sometimes the Trail just ends.

I tried to navigate from Fish Lake down to our camp near Breitenbush ONCE!

The stacked boulders were larger than my house. No exaggerating, mountaineering gear would of been needed to keep that azimuth.

I did a "90" and reached the power lines; I fell 8 times on my now-deseased rifle scope, but I made it to camp.

The snow level is dropping; hoping for the best.

The Chances are getting slimmer and slimmer. I feel for the family, especially if they never find anything. There is always the chance that this guy is sunning himself on a beach somewhere. That has been known to happen too.

Still have to hope he's OKay and that he's found.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top