JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We keep seeing this repeated, the police pull over or try to arrest a black person, the person resists the police and it ends with the person dead. Why do we see this happening mostly with black people?
Because that's what makes the news - statistically it actually happens more with white people.

Here is all I've found as to warrants - if someone else can show more (as was asserted earlier) I'd like to see it.

1618347486477.png

We keep seeing this repeated, the police pull over or try to arrest a black person, the person resists the police and it ends with the person dead. Why do we see this happening mostly with black people? Do black people escalate/resist the police more often or more intensely on average than people of other races? Is so, why? Are police less tolerant or more threatened by resistance from black people so they react with more force? Do the police end up killing nonblack people just as often and it just doesn't get reported by the media? It'd be good to hear especially from current or former law enforcement officers on this.
No LE will admit that are more threatened or have their senses escalate due to race. Although it would appear that way. Not saying this was racism but I have a strong feeling if the driver was white he would still be alive. I'll get crucified for saying that in a group like this but I am simply being honest from my own point of view. SOME cops interact with people differently depending on the color of their skin. It doesn't help that media already has a preconceived narrative and will continue to portray the events that best back that narrative. With that being said it is a parents job to instruct their child on how to interact with LE.

No LE will admit that are more threatened or have their senses escalate due to race. Although it would appear that way. Not saying this was racism but I have a strong feeling if the driver was white he would still be alive.
Statistically untrue, but commonly believed. Once engaged in a police interaction, white people are more likely to be killed than black people are. This is one of many stats that the FBI tracks.

I disagree with that sentiment, however I also always agreed with the "she should have known better than to wear that skirt in that area at that time" crowd. Not her fault, but she took unwise actions and ended up with a reasonably predictable, albeit unjust, outcome. Not unlike a typical air disaster, a whole chain of unfortunate events has to unfold for a thing like this to happen and the decedent had at least two opportunities at widely separated times to prevent this.

It is 100% her fault, she panicked and used the wrong weapon on him, it doesn't matter what he did, she f'ed up.

It is 100% her fault, she panicked and used the wrong weapon on him, it doesn't matter what he did, she f'ed up.

He posed no threat to lives. He made a dumb arse decision to try and bolt but nowhere in that video do I see the need for lethal force. And before anyone tries to use the car as a possible weapon, yes I thought of that. He DID manage to drive off, after the shot when the LE kinda did a double take on what just happened. Then he died 3 blocks later, he was likely already "dead" when he put the trans in drive.

His warrant was for having a firearm, and they all knew it. Ultimately she did make a mistake, but no, it's not all her fault. The fact that the decedent could have prevented this in multiple ways is clear proof it's not all someone else's fault. Some, certainly, mostly, possibly, completely, no.

The other thing is that despite assertions to the contrary, the only actual warrant I could find was the one I posted above, which was for breaking a law that shouldn't be a law. So that's an additional layer of injustice IMO.

Statistically untrue, but commonly believed. Once engaged in a police interaction, white people are more likely to be killed than black people are. This is one of many stats that the FBI tracks.
I understand that. And I know more white people are killed than other races. But I do truly believe more and more that black people are treated differently in day to day interactions with LE. I would have never said that in the past but when things like this keep happening we have to reevaluate some things. Profiling is real. Whether your white trash or a gang banger.

And I know for a FACT that we have a fairly decent sized group of members here that have colorful pasts. Even going as far as to talk about them here and trying to get rights restored. So a warrant means shoot?

And I know for a FACT that we have a fairly decent sized group of members here that have colorful pasts. Even going as far as to talk about them here and trying to get rights restored. So a warrant means shoot?
Of course not.

Diving back into the car after fighting w/ police, said police being aware the warrant in question was for having a pistol exactly where he was going for ... yeah, that's a pretty threatening move IMO. Doesn't make it OK to shoot but it's a mitigating circumstance.

Ultimately, the original violation shouldn't have been anything, and then none of this would have happened. But the law is what it is, he made a choice to break it, then made a choice not to come to court, then made a choice to try and fight the police to avoid going to court. Those are all bad choices. Sometimes bad choices end up leading to bad outcomes.

Yeah, I don't think he should have had a warrant out if that was his only 'crime'.
He shouldn't have gotten shot for it either. Now we can start shooting people over "what if's" that's a dangerous path to walk down. Watch hands. If you don't see a gun or any other weapon. You don't shoot. Now if there was someone in front of that vehicle it may be a different story. On another note who puts someone in hand irons with the door to the vehicle open, with the vehicle still running? A lot of actions were overstepped that could have avoided this whole scenario.

Of course not.

Diving back into the car after fighting w/ police, said police being aware the warrant in question was for having a pistol exactly where he was going for ... yeah, that's a pretty threatening move IMO. Doesn't make it OK to shoot but it's a mitigating circumstance.

Ultimately, the original violation shouldn't have been anything, and then none of this would have happened. But the law is what it is, he made a choice to break it, then made a choice not to come to court, then made a choice to try and fight the police to avoid going to court. Those are all bad choices. Sometimes bad choices end up leading to bad outcomes.

My question was rhetorical, I know you weren't implying that brother. :)

Of course not.

Bad outcomes that will make his family rich and land the cop in jail more than likely.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top