JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[Emphasis added. :rolleyes: ]

For someone who tends to assume and speculate a lot, you really do seem to have a bias. Even without all the facts in hand.
Pretty sure all the cops in Minnesota are thankful. :cool:

View attachment 860952
If I ever caught my kid being this irresponsible with a firearm even once - just this picture - I'd make sure his arm couldn't even hold a weapon much less allow him to ever be around one again. But this? ^ This is gangster life now. Not just the pics, but all the assorted disregard for any and all safety concerns that are now culturally acceptable now.
Call it bias. Your more than entitled to say this.

I'm not affected by this shooting. If anything, I'm neutral. It may not appear like this, as I'm asking harder questions and trying to see things from different perspectives. I understand how this may look unfavorable to many here. That's fine.

Would it be considered a bias if one only looked at it from the law enforcement side?

Another question, since when does posting pictures with firearms make you an automatic bad person? There are many pictures here of people holding firearms. I thought we liked firearm ownership? Why do we assume he was a criminal? Do you have a bias for you post for thinking he was an irresponsible gun owner?

Call it bias. Your more than entitled to say this.

I'm not affected by this shooting. If anything, I'm neutral. It may not appear like this, as I'm asking harder questions and trying to see things from different perspectives. I understand how this may look unfavorable to many here. That's fine.

Would it be considered a bias if one only looked at it from the law enforcement side?

Another question, since when does posting pictures with firearms make you an automatic bad person? There are many pictures here of people holding firearms. I thought we liked firearm ownership? Why do we assume he was a criminal? Do you have a bias for you post for thinking he was an irresponsible gun owner?
Kid's holding a blunt in the same hand with a weapon pointed at his crotch in a car to take a gangster selfie. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure you won't find anything like that here.

There's a lot more in his social profiles. He tried to portray himself as some sort of dangerous wannabe thug. So - why would LEO treat him any differently?

"Live by the gun, Die by the gun." ~ Tupac

Kid's holding a blunt in the same hand with a weapon pointed at his crotch in a car to take a gangster selfie. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure you won't find anything like that here.

There's a lot more in his social profiles. He tried to portray himself as some sort of dangerous wannabe thug. So - why would LEO treat him any differently?

"Live by the gun, Die by the gun." ~ Tupac
I've seen plenty of pictures here with pot and or things that can smoke pot in the background.

Instant criminals.

Also seen plenty of drunks out shooting in the woods.

Patriots.

I've seen plenty of pictures here with pot and or things that can smoke pot in the background.

Instant criminals.

Also seen plenty of drunks out shooting in the woods.

Patriots.

shotgun.jpeg

[Emphasis added. :rolleyes: ]

For someone who tends to assume and speculate a lot, you really do seem to have a bias. Even without all the facts in hand.
Pretty sure all the cops in Minnesota are thankful. :cool:

View attachment 860952
If I ever caught my kid being this irresponsible with a firearm even once - just this picture - I'd make sure his arm couldn't even hold a weapon much less allow him to ever be around one again. But this? ^ This is gangster life now. Not just the pics, but all the assorted disregard for any and all safety concerns that are culturally acceptable now.

I blame the parents.
He's not a real gangster. He doesn't have a Glock. Poser.

I think if we look at things through the lens of a different time these events would be more clear. In all cases there is a bottom line. Government at all levels were more (not absolutely) trustworthy. Americans had morals and the public waited for a verdict before they burned a city down. Of course the media wasn't judge and jury.

Even less of an excuse for a deadly mistake.
Pretty much. Also aside from everything else is the length of time she had the Glock in her hands.

It wasn't an impulsive 'draw/fire' but she had it in her hands before she indicated she was going to taze him which she said TWICE before the triple 'taser' screech.

Bottom line is it would seem she had enough time to recognize it wasn't a taser and reholster it before shooting him.

What he said...

Should Tasers be less gun-shaped - look and feel?
They are neon yellow..... and made completely of plastic and don't weigh a fraction of a loaded Glock. They are pretty different already. We shouldn't change things just because she messed up. It's on her. If you TRAIN you don't make these mistakes.

As much as I used to be for "he should of complied" these days, cops tend to escalate faster and faster to the point you really don't have much time to react. I've been watching a lot of audit videos lately and one thing I can absolutely state is 100% fact, the escalation of cops behavior and tactics for a Black person is disgusting. The other fact I've learned, cops hate being recorded by means they can not manipulate, aka don't trust a body camera. Remember, police were recording Jeffery Epsteins cell...

Some cops it really doesn't even matter the skin color, you don't follow the earliest command, even if they are not legally allowed to make said command, and they can turn incredibly ugly in a hurry. Those that test this are considered uncooperative? Why not Patriots? You push back against gun control, patriot. Push back against tyrannical and uneducated police, your labeled the problem?

I find it particularly interesting lately that within gun ownership. There is a belief that you must "fight for your rights" "moron labe" yet at the same time the group think is that you must follow every single demand a police officer makes, even if that demand is illegal and tyrannical. Where did the "fight for your rights" go?

While I'm not saying that happened in this scenario, I absolutely believe that because this dude showed the slightest hesitation in his "cooperation" the police officers likely turned hostile towards him. Which I have found increasingly disgusting in my opinion. A police encounter should not turn hostile at the tiniest bit of incorporation. He was likely scared $hi7l3ss thinking they were going to kill him. Which they inevitably did.

This is a shameless killing, it will be clocked up as an "accident" though it was truly murder.

Yes. It saddens me the number of members here that think this kid deserved it or his prior warrants were good enough for a death sentence.

Oh well .
One less drug addict.
In the Minnesota case if the dead guy would have just complied and did what the cops told him to do he would still be alive.
Oh well another idiot removed from the Gene pool.

Wow. That's really what you think? Just another idiot removed from the gene pool? The cops did nothing wrong here?

Damn.

Yes. It saddens me the number of members here that think this kid deserved it or his prior warrants were good enough for a death sentence.

He didn't deserve it and this officer will be held accountable for her actions (maybe more severely than is fair to appease the mob). That pretty much goes without saying.

What saddens me is that nobody is willing to mention his part except here. Nobody is saying that If you make good decisions, the chances of something bad happening to you diminish greatly. Nobody is teaching kids how to interact with police. You know why? It's because it's become a business to peddle in victimhood and racial narratives. The media and race baiters whip people into a frenzy which cause more of these incidents. All for clicks and views and ratings. It's disgusting.

I disagree with that sentiment, however I also always agreed with the "she should have known better than to wear that skirt in that area at that time" crowd. Not her fault, but she took unwise actions and ended up with a reasonably predictable, albeit unjust, outcome. Not unlike a typical air disaster, a whole chain of unfortunate events has to unfold for a thing like this to happen and the decedent had at least two opportunities at widely separated times to prevent this.

We keep seeing this repeated, the police pull over or try to arrest a black person, the person resists the police and it ends with the person dead. Why do we see this happening mostly with black people? Do black people escalate/resist the police more often or more intensely on average than people of other races? Is so, why? Are police less tolerant or more threatened by resistance from black people so they react with more force? Do the police end up killing nonblack people just as often and it just doesn't get reported by the media? It'd be good to hear especially from current or former law enforcement officers on this.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top