JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone really can not tell a Taser from a service weapon they have NO business being a Cop. I'm sorry if this offends some but it's just fact. Not everyone is ready to be Cop. She just got dumb lucky it took her this long to pull a major screw up. No one was coming at her with a weapon. The screw up was just trying to get away and she in her full on panic can't tell what she had in her hand. There is no excuse for this kind of incompetence. Not everyone should be a Cop.

I agree with you for the most part. However, I also recognize that people make mistakes. Much like teachers, being a cop is often an overworked/underpaid and mostly thankless career.

Job fatigue is real.

My point more had to do with the dipchits ITT bashing her gender, and making presumptions that she was an unexperienced "diversity hire" rookie. Many experienced male cops are known to make the same sorts of mistakes.

It's proof that cops need better training. The fact that they go to an academy for only 20 weeks, handed a badge and a firearm, and then cut loose on the streets is a joke. Firefighters and nurses train longer than that before becoming certified.

Cops deserve better training(including continuing Ed), and they also deserve better pay.

Only then will the best and most capable apply.

This happened up here a few years ago.
I don't really remember where I think it was out Bremerton or some place around Olympia.
Guy on drugs if I remember right in a park.
Cops show up conversation gets heated.
Any way cop goes to taze him draws his gun instead.
Oh well .
One less drug addict.
In the Minnesota case if the dead guy would have just complied and did what the cops told him to do he would still be alive.
Oh well another idiot removed from the Gene pool.
If I was "king" this would be a nothing burger alright. I just feel really sorry for the damn people who live there. Who had noting to do with this. Yet now a lot of them are living in fear of roving gangs looking to burn and loot again because they have an "excuse" again. Damn place was almost settled down and here we go all over again.

It's becoming more clear why he resisted arrest and fled:

"Court records show Wright was being sought after failing to appear in court on charges that he fled from officers and possessed a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June. In that case, a statement of probable cause said police got a call about a man waving a gun who was later identified as Wright." Source: https://www.foxnews.com/us/daunte-wright-police-shot-brooklyn-center-minneapolis

He was probably driving down to get some skittles to eat in the car wash. Dang air freshners are like cop magnets.

When expending my very limited supply of grief, I have to ask myself this question. Would I be grieving if Daunte had been shot by a rival criminal type. The answer in this case is a resounding no.

If there is one bright spot in this shooting, it's that Biden can't use this shooting to justify more gun control. Unless he wants to disarm the police, and honestly these days that wouldn't surprise me.

Didn't read the thread, but she F'd up and should be held accountable. I don't know what that looks like exactly.

When you make a decision to fight the police, the chances of these types of mistakes increase dramatically.

Fund the police for vigerous training.

Has nothing to do with race.

Didn't read the thread, but she F'd up and should be held accountable. I don't know what that looks like exactly.

When you make a decision to fight the police, the chances of these types of mistakes increase dramatically.

Fund the police for vigerous training.

Has nothing to do with race.
"When you make a decision to fight the police, the chances of these types of mistakes increase dramatically"

Truth!

This happened up here a few years ago.
I don't really remember where I think it was out Bremerton or some place around Olympia.
Guy on drugs if I remember right in a park.
Cops show up conversation gets heated.
Any way cop goes to taze him draws his gun instead.
Oh well .
One less drug addict.
In the Minnesota case if the dead guy would have just complied and did what the cops told him to do he would still be alive.
Oh well another idiot removed from the Gene pool.
Yep. '07. KCSO. "Funny story, Sarge..."
https://archive.seattletimes.com/archive/?date=20060623&slug=webtaserpistol23

I have noted time after time that the heightened state/condition of officers resulting from a suspect's known misuse of firearms can result in dropping the suspect. It may not be right, but I can't muster up a bunch of grief or shock when some bad boy meets his end. Too bad some communities see it as a racism problem. It's not, not at all. This perp had a known record that put him in a diff category of danger to responding officers.... nothing to do with system or other racism. Just another excuse to act out. :mad: :mad:

As much as I used to be for "he should of complied" these days, cops tend to escalate faster and faster to the point you really don't have much time to react. I've been watching a lot of audit videos lately and one thing I can absolutely state is 100% fact, the escalation of cops behavior and tactics for a Black person is disgusting. The other fact I've learned, cops hate being recorded by means they can not manipulate, aka don't trust a body camera. Remember, police were recording Jeffery Epsteins cell...

Some cops it really doesn't even matter the skin color, you don't follow the earliest command, even if they are not legally allowed to make said command, and they can turn incredibly ugly in a hurry. Those that test this are considered uncooperative? Why not Patriots? You push back against gun control, patriot. Push back against tyrannical and uneducated police, your labeled the problem?

I find it particularly interesting lately that within gun ownership. There is a belief that you must "fight for your rights" "moron labe" yet at the same time the group think is that you must follow every single demand a police officer makes, even if that demand is illegal and tyrannical. Where did the "fight for your rights" go?

While I'm not saying that happened in this scenario, I absolutely believe that because this dude showed the slightest hesitation in his "cooperation" the police officers likely turned hostile towards him. Which I have found increasingly disgusting in my opinion. A police encounter should not turn hostile at the tiniest bit of incorporation. He was likely scared $hi7l3ss thinking they were going to kill him. Which they inevitably did.

This is a shameless killing, it will be clocked up as an "accident" though it was truly murder.

Sadly this is again what voters keep saying they want. First they do not want cops. Then they want Cops but, have to be the correct mix. So do not hire the best, hire those who fit the list. This is often what you end up with. Happened in CA a decade or so back. She pulled her service weapon and killed a perp in cuffs in her back seat. She then sued Taser as it was their fault she was too incompetent to tell the difference between the two. Never did hear how that one shook out.
Diversity hire.

From what I've read, the officer involved has been described as a "long-time veteran of the force". So the misogynous "diversity hire" DBs ITT can piss off.
Been happening for years, took 25 for the dice to fall badly in her case.

As much as I used to be for "he should of complied" these days, cops tend to escalate faster and faster to the point you really don't have much time to react. I've been watching a lot of audit videos lately and one thing I can absolutely state is 100% fact, the escalation of cops behavior and tactics for a Black person is disgusting. The other fact I've learned, cops hate being recorded by means they can not manipulate, aka don't trust a body camera. Remember, police were recording Jeffery Epsteins cell...

Some cops it really doesn't even matter the skin color, you don't follow the earliest command, even if they are not legally allowed to make said command, and they can turn incredibly ugly in a hurry. Those that test this are considered uncooperative? Why not Patriots? You push back against gun control, patriot. Push back against tyrannical and uneducated police, your labeled the problem?

I find it particularly interesting lately that within gun ownership. There is a belief that you must "fight for your rights" "moron labe" yet at the same time the group think is that you must follow every single demand a police officer makes, even if that demand is illegal and tyrannical. Where did the "fight for your rights" go?

While I'm not saying that happened in this scenario, I absolutely believe that because this dude showed the slightest hesitation in his "cooperation" the police officers likely turned hostile towards him. Which I have found increasingly disgusting in my opinion. A police encounter should not turn hostile at the tiniest bit of incorporation. He was likely scared $hi7l3ss thinking they were going to kill him. Which they inevitably did.

This is a shameless killing, it will be clocked up as an "accident" though it was truly murder.
Thank you.

The most dangerous time for a LEO has to be either showing up to a D&D/Domestic - or the second you hook up a criminal.
In that very instance they are trained to expect anything. The Human Animal is capable of great feats of strength and is completely unpredictable the very second they realize they are about to be incapacitated/locked down. Survival + Panic does that to a person.
You can see they expected this reaction the minute they felt him tense up as they attempted to shackle him up.
That second is where all that training is focused. That's why cops need to go overboard at that particular moment. Verbal and physical authority is paramount. You think the kid was jacked on adrenaline? Imagine the mental state of the 3 officers that deal with this everyday.

Sorry for the kid. Really sorry for the lady officer.

But guess what? Kid knew he was in the wrong and wanted to flee against orders and restraint. Knew he was going to jail. Kid created this situation from the very beginning. Kid is dead because he refused lawful orders and assaulted officers doing their duty.

I'm betting there's a lot more to this story.

fred.jpeg

Horse bubblegum. It wasn't murder, it was maybe negligent homicide or manslaughter, you really think she made the concious decision to end his life?

And if a cop gives you a command, right or wrong, you can either follow it or fight them. If you choose to fight them, the chances of bad things happening to you increase exponentially, regardless of skin tone.

Me, I'll probably comply and sort it out later.

The most dangerous time for a LEO has to be either showing up to a D&D/Domestic - or the second you hook up a criminal.
In that very instance they are trained to expect anything. The Human Animal is capable of great feats of strength and is completely unpredictable the very second they realize they are about to be incapacitated/locked down. Survival + Panic does that to a person.
You can see they expected this reaction the minute they felt him tense up as they attempted to shackle him up.
That second is where all that training is focused. That's why cops need to go overboard at that particular moment. Verbal and physical authority is paramount. You think the kid was jacked on adrenaline? Imagine the mental state of the 3 officers that deal with this everyday.

Sorry for the kid. Really sorry for the lady officer.

But guess what? Kid knew he was in the wrong and wanted to flee against orders and restraint. Knew he was going to jail. Kid created this situation from the very beginning. Kid is dead because he refused lawful orders and assaulted officers doing their duty.

I'm betting there's a lot more to this story.

View attachment 860926
Three officers can't detain one skinny 20 year old. The automatic reaction is violence. I too am a firm believer in complying with cops. But if you are not threatening someone's life (either the cops or others) I don't think you should automatically die.... I agree it's the kids fault. He is the one who initiated the incident but when did we begin justifying every shot as "good" if it's coming out of an officers gun? This was a senseless killing. Not justified.

Here is thought... STOP COMMITTING CRIMES AND GETTING WARRANTS ISSUED AGAINST YOU. Stop missing your court dates. Stop resisting arrest. Stop fleeing.

This guy had a warrant for failing to appear to this court date for carrying without a permit, AND.... fleeing police.

The vast majority of these fools would still be alive if they took a tiny bit of responsibility for themselves. You cannot use black this, black that, racist this, racism that excuse every time.

They are pushing the being black is an excuse narrative hard. And Yes, there are cases of racism, but that is no excuse to break the law.

They sure love turning criminals into victims and sidelining the actual victims of racism.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR