JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's really interesting to observe these comments, one would expect more of a rational approach on this kind of forum; however, even here there is divisiveness.

A lot of that divide comes from one's feelings (anger, fear, etc) clouding their judgment... much like the kid who was killed after resisting arrest and driving away... much like the officer who pulled her gun and couldn't tell it was not a taser.

If only people could take a moment and step back, before reacting and letting feelings take over...

-Robert
Some here might say I'm addicted to feelings!

It sounds like some of you want or would be ok with a police state. The same people who state they are willing to give up their lives if that idea was ever implemented. Hypocrisy at its finest.

If the cop tells you to stop and you fight them and get in your car and try to drive away or whatever he was trying to do.
Does not matter he is a threat.
Not only to the cop but to the public.
If they let him drive away and he kills someone running from the cops.
Guess what they will say.
YOU HAD HIM STOPPED WHY DID YOU LET HIM DRIVE AWAY.
Your definition of self defense is very loose and will not hold in a court of law. But good luck I. Your endeavors if you ever have to deploy a firearm or any other use of deadly force.

1) "Why do we see this happening mostly with black people?"
Because the Lamestream Media doesn't care if the cops shoot Wypeepo.
We don't engage in riot, looting, and arson when the cops kill us.

2) "We should be hiring the best candidates possible and training them extensively."
This has become impossible with hiring quotas based on Intersectionality scores.

3) "Another multimillion dollar payout at the expense of taxpayers, it's coming, everyone knows it.."
Not to mention the riots, looting, arson, murders, and mayhem.

4) If she is befuddled to the point of not knowing a gun from a taser after so long on the job, she is/was in the wrong line of work. It's OK though because all the cops went home safe at the end of the shift, and that's all that really matters.

D3BC4C48-D8DF-4F16-814B-6D15769F803B.png

I'm not really sure what purpose this thread serves other than to divide us. Good job.
Doesn't everything divide? If people aren't willing to sit at a table with open minds and only come with a concrete conclusion based on their own feelings, unwilling to budge or look from a different perspective, we won't get anywhere.

He was such an angel, attempted robbery at gunpoint... By the way, this was the open warrant, not for a gun in the car as previously stated...

Let's burn amerika down in his memory...

I'm not going to state I'm for the rioting and looting. But, I can look at things from both sides and understand.

A cop, whether intentional or not (courts to decide her fate), acted as a judge and executioner with zero justice system used. Yes, there were other things happening, but ultimately no judge or jury was used to decide the fate of this young mans acts. He received no justice.

So by rioting and looting, in a sense, the public is doing the same. Acting without justice.

From a psychological standpoint, this works really well. It invokes thought and feelings to produce a reaction. Which in turn might produce change. Store owners don't want this, they will look to policy makers for change. Those policy makers will then have to actually look at the cause of the rioting and looting. If they do their job, which we all know they really don't, they will look to change the reasons behind why these people riot and loot.

So in other words, rioting and looting can be quite affective.

It sounds like some of you want or would be ok with a police state.
Just to be clear, advocating obeying lawful police orders isn't the same as advocating for a police state. The Virginia case of Lt Lasario, for instance, seems on its face to be a case of a person disregarding unlawful orders in a non-violent way, living, and probably making really good money for it. If this is all true, I give the Lt two thumbs up.

But for this thread, the orders were lawful and should have been obeyed.

I find myself living in a world where people seem to believe fighting with the police is OK. I don't like that world. Fighting with the police is not OK. People seem to believe that if they opt to fight the police, there should be some assurance they will be shielded from terrible outcomes that spring from the series of events that might derive from and follow that choice.

Ideally I'd agree. Unfortunately the good people, the people who wouldn't fight the police anyway, agreeing on this seems to have built an environment where a small sliver of the people are more likely to go ahead and fight the police, expecting there to be minimal downside. This is not good.

So we have a good idea having a very poor unintended consequence, it seems. This is not unprecedented and in fact is often observed in other areas of law.

I don't know how to fix this, but I'd really like to see it fixed as long as the fix isn't even worse at this point.
There's no way I'd be a cop these days. Petty/combative attitudes over anything, anywhere..

There are other data mining studies using other data sources that find the same pattern. The media lies to us, they surely have their reasons, but they lie systematically. Don't take the bait.

I have no doubt that the media lies. But I also have no doubt that there are bad racist cops that need to go. This guy, for example.

But for this thread, the orders were lawful and should have been obeyed.
I still have not learned or seen footage of the initial stop. From seeing the typical interactions, I'm going to speculate the initial stop was likely unethical at best and possibly unlawful.

But I also have no doubt that there are bad racist cops
People are people. That's not the question - the question is, are the odds of a black person being killed during a police interaction greater than a person from the general population being killed during a police interaction, and the answer is no, black people are at no greater risk. Lesser, actually.

Them's just the facts, as granddad used to say.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top