JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you miss the part where I said tint.

Every officer that did cited the tint, so obviously the tint.

In reality, profiling due to the look of the vehicle and fishing tactics. Once they learned I was legal and not a criminal, I was sent on my way.

Unethical traffic stop if you ask me.
So was the tint illegal?
How did they have PC to pull you over in the first place?

I'm kinda confused. Sorry.

I agree and wonder (as others have) why it is being called 'accidental' as opposed to 'negligent' ?
Good point. As my dad and grandpa drilled into my head 45 years ago when they introduced me to shooting, in addition to the Four Rules, there is no such thing as an accidental discharge -- it is always negligent if your projectile hits a target you didn't intend to hit. You own that bullet until it stops. That said, people make mistakes. Even the best trained professionals can and do.

So was the tint illegal?

Again, no, might tint was legal.

Short answer, the officer used a possibility of an infraction to justify my detainment. At least that's all I can come up with all these years later. I have no idea if I could pursue something like this in court, I filed a complaint the third time. I was never pulled over again after the complaint.

I can only use my experience to illustrate the questionable morality of fishing tactics.

Last Edited:
There's no way I'd be a cop these days. Petty/combative attitudes over anything, anywhere.
This is my concern. IMO we're being expertly played by smart folks who do not have our (meaning everyone, all races) best interests at heart.

1) This shooting is not national news.

2) Making it national news is in service to the narrative that there is a society wide (USA) systemic problem with policing. That is the only reason 99% of us know about it.

3) That narrative says the problem is race based - white people murder black people with impunity on a grand scale. There is no data that supports this. There's copious data that shows the narrative is false.

4) The purpose of the narrative is to deligitimize the power structures of our society. One target is the police.

5) An illegitimate structure will not stand.

6) Another structure will take its place.

Every society has both power structures and police who enforce the rules of those structures. "Official" or not, uniformed or not, it's how we're wired to work. The structures in the USA are - by concrete evidence - some of if not the most humane ever created. If/when they're torn down I expect the replacements to be less humane. My pessimistic personality says much less humane.

This is my concern. IMO we're being expertly played by smart folks who do not have our (meaning everyone, all races) best interests at heart.

1) This shooting is not national news.

2) Making it national news is in service to the narrative that there is a society wide (USA) systemic problem with policing. That is the only reason 99% of us know about it.

3) That narrative says the problem is race based - white people murder black people with impunity on a grand scale. There is no data that supports this. There's copious data that shows the narrative is false.

4) The purpose of the narrative is to deligitimize the power structures of our society. One target is the police.

5) An illegitimate structure will not stand.

6) Another structure will take its place.

Every society has both power structures and police who enforce the rules of those structures. "Official" or not, uniformed or not, it's how we're wired to work. The structures in the USA are - by concrete evidence - some of if not the most humane ever created. If/when they're torn down I expect the replacements to be less humane. My pessimistic personality says much less humane.

55o4xc.jpg

I'd like to correct Atty. Crumps incorrect assertation that "Driving while Black continues to result in a death sentence."

It should read "Driving while Black, with expired registration, being identified as a felon with an active warrant for attempted armed robbery, resisting arrest and fleeing from police, continues to result in a death sentence"

Mr. Crump, if your going to make statements and accusations, at least be inclusive, factual and accurate...

So was the tint illegal?

Speaking of tint and getting pulled over.

One of the times I was pulled over for my tint, I drove with my flashers on to a wide enough section of the road to allow the stop. Not a gas station, but damn. This guy gets off at the end too. Scary stuff.

That video was bizarre....

These cops were clearly NOT in control and only implying it with their voices and guns. They were little more than frightened, screaming wretches.

If this is an indicator of how they react in a relatively low intensity traffic stop what would they be like in a full on felony stop? Stroke out ?

Remember my post about 'communication' ? Well, even the narrator of this vid said they 'could have communicated better'.

Last Edited:
That was an illegal stop I think. He'll get some money out of that and lived to tell.

It wasn't illegal. They even said that in the posted video. You have to be able to see the numbers on the temp plates. I've been pulled over for the same.

If you are being pulled over, and don't feel safe pulling right over, you should call 911, and tell them your intentions, and they will relay that information and instruct you further.

After you are stopped, and you are instructed to exit the vehicle, you probably should or you might get a face full of OC. That's not the time to be asking "what's this about" and arguing.

The officer should not have said "you're fixing to ride the lightning" or "you should be (afraid)". He should probably have been reprimanded for that, but if the guy getting pulled over looked like me, nobody would have ever heard of it and he wouldn't have been fired.

This hyper sensitivity and focus on all things race is literally creating an environment where we operate on different sets of rules..

It wasn't illegal. They even said that in the posted video. You have to be able to see the numbers on the temp plates. I've been pulled over for the same.

If you are being pulled over, and don't feel safe pulling right over, you should call 911, and tell them your intentions, and they will relay that information and instruct you further.

After you are stopped, and you are instructed to exit the vehicle, you probably should or you might get a face full of OC. That's not the time to be asking "what's this about" and arguing.

The officer should not have said "you're fixing to ride the lightning" or "you should be (afraid)". He should probably have been reprimanded for that, but if the guy getting pulled over looked like me, nobody would have ever heard of it and he wouldn't have been fired.

This hyper sensitivity and focus on all things race is literally creating an environment where we operate on different sets of rules..
When I posted this I made no mention of race. I simply used it as means to further my point about fishing and tint. This scenario the guy wasn't even charged after all the craziness went down. So did he or did he not break any laws? Or did they not cite him because they knew their over excessive force was highly unethical, and likely illegal. The stop itself was legal, had they not pulled their weapons immediately and simply walked up to the car like normal, he would likely have a regular ticket or warning for the tint and the placard not easily visible. Instead they used firearms to enforce demands. Something that is my number 1 issue with these encounters. Why is it that more and more, law enforcement are drawing weapons? They had two pistols on this guy from the moment he stopped. I've had guns drawn on me once, your mind doesn't work very well in those scenarios, trust me.

I will also state I used this video to demonstrate again, that some do not see cops doing anything wrong, and others some see their actions as wrong. Someone earlier back posted this thread is only dividing us, I don't think it is further dividing us, only showcasing those two differences in opinion. I'm trying to understand if there is an underlying bias towards law enforcement among the gun owning populace. So far, I'm leaning towards definitely so.

That video was bizarre....
Sadly, it isn't the exception. There are tons of videos out there where guns are drawn almost immediately to enforce. Even when absolutely no viable threat to the officer has taken place. Using the firearm as means to show force is a terrifying reality of our current law enforcement standards.

When I posted this I made no mention of race. I simply used it as means to further my point about fishing and tint. This scenario the guy wasn't even charged after all the craziness went down. So did he or did he not break any laws? Or did they not cite him because they knew their over excessive force was highly unethical, and likely illegal. The stop itself was legal, had they not pulled their weapons immediately and simply walked up to the car like normal, he would likely have a regular ticket or warning for the tint and the placard not easily visible. Instead they used firearms to enforce demands. Something that is my number 1 issue with these encounters. Why is it that more and more, law enforcement are drawing weapons? They had two pistols on this guy from the moment he stopped. I've had guns drawn on me once, your mind doesn't work very well in those scenarios, trust me.

I will also state I used this video to demonstrate again, that some do not see cops doing anything wrong, and others some see their actions as wrong. Someone earlier back posted this thread is only dividing us, I don't think it is further dividing us, only showcasing those two differences in opinion. I'm trying to understand if there is an underlying bias towards law enforcement among the gun owning populace. So far, I'm leaning towards definitely so.

How does the officer know the difference between someone driving to a well lit area and someone in a stolen car stashing drugs and digging for a gun?

You speak of bias, yet use inaccurate words like "murder" and "execution" in the other case.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top