JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So basically having more guns and gun stores lowers the murder rate. On a side note, privately owned guns in Japan are almost non existent yet their suicide rate is what 2-3 times that of ours. So we can thus conclude that having plenty of guns lowers both the murder rate and suicide rate.

Speaking only for myself here...
Comparing other countries murder / crime / suicide rates with ours here in the US may be interesting , but not really of use.

We within our country are so vastly different in our views and culture that a comparison to even ourselves is difficult to make , much less with a foreign country.

The views of gun ownership may well be strikingly different in inner city Chicago , than in rural Pennsylvania...Closer to home for me at least , the views of gun ownership in Seattle or Bellingham is different than where I live in Everson.
Also to compound the question of gun ownership...what laws or rules , that may be needed or work in one part of the country , may not work , be needed or even be understood in another.

Let it be known that to me at least the 2nd Amendment is pretty clear and straight forward....I am not suggesting more laws , rules etc...Just pointing out that our baseline here ( the 2A ) is hotly contested at various times and places

Don't get me wrong , I like studies and scientific approach to a problem or issue , but there needs to be a common baseline to start from.
We as country are losing our "common baseline" , hence the many differences in just how we think on a issue.

We need to get back to understanding ourselves , where we came from and where we are headed , before comparing ourselves to others.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads