JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That and how many SUCCESSFUL business's are handed off to offspring who promptly run them into the ground. I have seen this happen more times than I can count now as I get older. Often takes till the 3d generation before the place will finally just be completely gone. Father will get something off the ground and going great. His son or sons will take over but by the time the Grand kid is at the helm it falls in the dirt. Can really be sad to watch it happen. :(
There is an old saying: The first generation starts the business, the second generation builds the business, and the third generation pi$$es it away.

I've seen this happen a lot. But quite often, the second generation jumps the gun and does the third generation's job ahead of time.

As a teenager, I was riding in the back seat of a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville that was towing a 19-foot speedboat that was going 70 mph down I-5 in Washington state. A self-loading log truck that was coming the other way lost his left front wheel and tire, which came rolling on edge through the dip between the lanes. Our driver smoothly changed to the left lane to avoid the tire, and then when the truck came across the median to meet us head-on, smoothly changed over to the right lane again, just as the truck entered the space we would have otherwise occupied.

Our driver had flown bombers before the US entered WWII, then flew B-17's in the Eighth Air Force, surviving until they rotated him out with an amazing number of missions. Then he volunteered to fly B-29's and bombed Japan until the end of the war. This guy was very cool under pressure!

As a teenager, I was riding in the back seat of a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville that was towing a 19-foot speedboat that was going 70 mph down I-5 in Washington state. A self-loading log truck that was coming the other way lost his left front wheel and tire, which came rolling on edge through the dip between the lanes. Our driver smoothly changed to the left lane to avoid the tire, and then when the truck came across the median to meet us head-on, smoothly changed over to the right lane again, just as the truck entered the space we would have otherwise occupied.

Our driver had flown bombers before the US entered WWII, then flew B-17's in the Eighth Air Force, surviving until they rotated him out with an amazing number of missions. Then he volunteered to fly B-29's and bombed Japan until the end of the war. This guy was very cool under pressure!
Did he have to pull over for passengers to change pants? :s0140:

E24th and Hilyard in SE Eugene. New construction on YMCA and Middle (?) school sites across street to the west.

That came in from the north.
They were probably cutting asphalt/concrete in the street associated with the new construction.

Impressive penetration depth.......

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads