JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Usually, the nuts holding circular saw blades are self-tightening (i.e., they want to tighten themselves when turning). Something went very wrong here (Captain Obvious, I know).
The second time I watched it the guy who should buy a lotto ticket said he saw a guy fall in a ditch then the blade came flying. So I suspect whoever was running the saw had the machine fall and maybe this broke the blade free?? It must have been quite the sight to see for the damn guys there and anyone in that parking lot. Looking at the still shot there seems to be no hole in the blade, like the bolt broke clean off that was holding it on :s0140:

Looks like the shaft sheared. I cant see through the center hole in the "stuck in the door"
pic, but I do see a small circle in the center--which was probable all that was still holding
it until it finally sheared. Reminds me a bit of my days working in sawmills. Scary stuff.

A local fire chief came into city hall the other day to see me and showed me a video of a shop fire behind a house. The vid was taken from a bystander across the street. An explosion happened and threw a metal piece that bounced off the house, came across the street, and severed a leg off. Life can change in an instant.

The exact same thing happened to me with a rented concrete cutting saw, but with a smaller diameter sized blade.
The kid at the tool rental place asked me which side I wanted the saw blade to be mounted on. I told him the right and went in to sign the rental agreement and when I came back out he had it loaded on the trailer, all ready to go.
When I started it up at the job site, the unused left side had a loose drive shaft threaded nut, which instantly spun off and shot down the driveway and headed for a brand new BMW sedan that had just pulled up to drop off a kid at the daycare located next door.
Luckily, the large steel nut hit the lip of a manhole cover that was slightly raised and hopped over the top of the BMW and struck a maple tree in the front yard of the house across the street.
The woman driving the car was bending over the backseat removing her toddlers seat straps and if she would have been standing up, the steel hub nut would have whacked her in the back of the head. It missed her by inches.
When I returned the saw to the rental yard, I saw the idiot kid pulling the trigger on a pneumatic framing nail gun while holding back the nose depression safety.
He was shooting 16 penny framing nails across the street into a church parking lot and laughing about it.
I went inside to complain about the stupid kid they had hired and to tell them about what a dangerous dumb azz he was, only to find out it was the owners teenage son.
I never went back to that rental yard.

Last Edited:
The exact same thing happened to me with a rented concrete cutting saw, but with a smaller diameter sized blade.
The kid at the tool rental place asked me which side I wanted the saw blade to be mounted on. I told him the right and went in to sign the rental agreement and when I came back out he had it loaded on the trailer, all ready to go.
When I started it up at the job site, the unused left side and loose drive shaft threaded nut instantly spun off and shot down the driveway and headed for a brand new BMW sedan that had just pulled up to drop off a kid at the daycare located next door.
Luckily, the large steel nut hit the lip of a manhole cover that was slightly raised and hopped over the top of the BMW and struck a maple tree in the front yard of the house across the street.
The woman driving the car was bending over the backseat removing her toddlers seat straps and if she would have been standing up, the steel hub nut would have whacked her in the back of the head. It missed her by inches.
When I returned the saw to the rental yard, I saw the idiot kid pulling the trigger on a pneumatic framing nail gun while holding back the nose depression safety.
He was shooting 16 penny framing nails across the street into a church parking lot and laughing about it.
I went inside to complain about the stupid kid they had hired and to tell them about what a dangerous dumb azz he was, only to find out it was the owners teenage son.
I never went back to that rental yard.
You know as I was reading this before I got to who the kid was, I was already waiting to find out is was some offspring of the owner. All fun and games till the little moron does something that gets Dad to lose his insurance and then his business. :(

You know as I was reading this before I got to who the kid was, I was already waiting to find out is was some offspring of the owner. All fun and games till the little moron does something that gets Dad to lose his insurance and then his business. :(
True and I've seen it happen. Dad puts kid in charge who is not qualified for the job and he promptly runs it into bankruptcy.

True and I've seen it happen. Dad puts kid in charge who is not qualified for the job and he promptly runs it into bankruptcy.
That and how many SUCCESSFUL business's are handed off to offspring who promptly run them into the ground. I have seen this happen more times than I can count now as I get older. Often takes till the 3d generation before the place will finally just be completely gone. Father will get something off the ground and going great. His son or sons will take over but by the time the Grand kid is at the helm it falls in the dirt. Can really be sad to watch it happen. :(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top