JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today’s shooting of a Metro bus driver and the subsequent takedown of the suspected shooter by Seattle police revived memories for Alan Gottlieb of a court case involving a Metro bus driver who was fired in 1987 for carrying a gun and other weapons while on the job.

<broken link removed>

I understand that legally it is up to the employer if they allow carry or not, what I don't understand is that you can legally CC (at least with a permit) but you can not carry an auto knife (in WA and many states), nor can you carry many other "less deadly" weapons, like a lead sap or knuckle dusters. A nice baton might be an appropriate solution when dealing with an assault, and much less likely to end in death. Then again, I suppose a dead assailant is one less you have to put in prison....

How long before Seattle bus shooting is exploited?

How long will it be before gun prohibitionists exploit slain Seattle gunman Martin Anwar Duckworth, fatally shot yesterday by Seattle police just minutes after shooting a Metro bus driver, and the fact that he was able to obtain a handgun despite a record of drug-related crimes?

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR