JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just thinking the same thing.....maybe he has one of those newfangled teleportation thangy majiggers....
Now Nate, it's not nice to point out the faults in others. How many times have you been lost? And who knows maybe there is a Lakewood that's located in Oregon that's close to him

Woah woah woah....just being sarcastic in a playful friendly manner. Guess it didn't translate well lol. I have actually reached out to him in pm to get together for a drink. How can my comment be taken as anything but a joke?

Woah woah woah....just being sarcastic in a playful friendly manner. Guess it didn't translate well lol. I have actually reached out to him in pm to get together for a drink. How can my comment be taken as anything but a joke?
*Drily said* How can your comment be taken as anything but a joke? *smiles* Because lets face it my friend- reading body language on a Forum is a real hassle! :D

Revived thread?

Any guys in the Forest Grove/Cornelius/Hillsboro area?
My woman and I are a (still young) couple into "prepping", projects, shooting (firearms in general) camping and of course social drinking.

I feel it would be very beneficial if any guys out there had a woman who also enjoys shooting to help encourage my woman to get back into the hobby.

She enjoys firearms but gets discouraged because shes the only girl who knows more about firearms (via me) than most average guys. So having a female shooting buddy would be great for her.

One stipulation..She must like wine.. My woman drinks wine.. Lots of it perhaps they can bond and stuff while the guys talk guns. ;)

I looked and didn't see anyone else from Gig Harbor. If you're out there, I would love to meet up with anyone in this area. And I work in Bremerton, so anywhere in the area would be great.

I looked and didn't see anyone else from Gig Harbor. If you're out there, I would love to meet up with anyone in this area. And I work in Bremerton, so anywhere in the area would be great.

I'm in Lakewood- should be heading up past that way Friday afternoon- I have an appointment in Gorst at 11 and I don't know how long it'll last however.

Updating: my shop is prepper-oriented and we're in Vancouver. I still have a day job but the shop is open 7 days a week and I am usually there in the afternoons and weekends. Watch our facebook page for events- I sometimes give seminars on preparedness: I'm originally an IT but with a specialty in security, business continuity and disaster preparedness. NRA certified concealed handgun license trainer, CPR trainer, etc.

Next prepper meet-up at my shop September 11th.

https://www.facebook.com/events/363997013748874/?ref=5
You guys do have quite a bit of stuff in your shop. Unfortunately most your mill spec gear is completely outdated. And you were prepping supplies are not only overpriced but 99% of them are from Japan or Korea possibly Taiwan. Cheaper prices made in the United States better quality and get rid of that old lady that follows people everywhere like you're going to steal everything off the shelves it's absolutely ridiculous not to mention she asks if you need anything every 21 seconds.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. As a small business it isn't always possible to please everyone, but we do get pretty good reviews and lots of repeat customers.

We carry a lot of gear that is new and either current issue or commercially equivalent to the current issue in addition to the military surplus gear. A lot of what I carry in the store is what I carried as a contractor in Iraq an Afghanistan. Surplus gear is often designed for specific doctrine, tactics and purposes but usually works for those specific purposes for a long, long time. For example a surplus load bearing rig may not look like what you see on TV currently, but still works perfectly fine for carrying gear when you don't need or want an integrated plate carrier and is much cooler than a load bearing vest in summertime heat.

Prices are going to vary depending on quality; some things are worth spending lots of money on, and some are not, and exactly which is which depends on the person, their particular circumstances, and their budget.

We are a dealer of Safariland, Bianchi, Fobus, Blackhawk, Condor Tactical, Asp, Maxpedition and other name brands. We also have some local manufacturers, like K-Rounds of Tukwila WA and Gote Gear right here in Clark County.

We purchase made in the USA and especially locally-made whenever it's feasible. A great deal of what people buy from the PX or clothing sales to supplement their issued gear is made overseas- that's the nature of the interconnected global market today.

Most of the time people appreciate our attention to customer service. Many of our regular customers come in and shoot the breeze for extended periods of time. Some of our less frequent customers need information or coaching on how equipment works and the pros/cons of each. There's no intention to be overbearing about interacting with people.

I've always had decent luck with them. maybe you just had a bad visit and they didnt have what you were looking for exactly. I cant count how many times I've been into different Surplus or Tactical stores and left empty handed because they didnt have exactly what I wanted. doesnt mean I never go back. as to the made overseas, I personlly try my best to buy made in USA stuff but also fully understand that somtimes thats not an option in everyones budget. the T-shirts I have made and sell for my company is a great exaple. I would much rather have made in America shirt blanks to start with but due to cost and what people are willing to pay its not feasable. I have to remind people that even though the shirt isnt constructed here it is most certinly made in an America for the majority of its production. Its imported by Americans,its distributed by Americans, its designed by Americans (usually me) its Printed by Americans, and its sold by Americans. just because the 1st step of its journey starts somwhere else doesnt mean it didnt touch more American hands and put people to work every step of the way.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top